Education

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Un-distributing a page from a class notebook

It would be sooo useful to be able to mass delete or un-distribute a page from a class notebook. When I make changes to a page I have already distributed, it means I distribute again, and then students have to delete the original themselves (and many are unable to do this).

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Distributing Multiple Pages

Distributing multiple pages needs improvement! It would be idea if I could distribute a section, INCLUDING THE PAGES, to all students at once. Without that, it would also be nice if I could distribute multiple pages and have them show up in students' notebooks in the same order that they were in the original. Right now, I have to choose between distributing each page individually, or sorting the notebooks of many, many students.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make input from teacher permanent/uneraseable

Somehow can input in student notebooks from the teacher account be preserved/make permanent or uneraseable? I love that we can lock pages, but sometimes I want students to be able to add more to/edit their original page, but I don't want to risk a kid erasing my notes to make it look like they got full credit later on.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I miss a pair of compasses to construct circular arcs.

I would like to do geometric constructions with my students. For this I need a pair of compasses with which I can construct circular arcs. The circles under figures is not useful for this, because the center is missing.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A4 page size

It will be really usefull if there would be an option to customize the page size, for instance, A4 size, instead of an inifite page.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create a class notebook based on a template

I would like to be able to create one notebook that can be used as a template and duplicated - including student sections and pages. This would allow all my classes to have the same set-up in their notebooks without having to manually organise them.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Schedule class resources to be sent out

Schedule class resources to be sent out at a set time rather than having to set it up in class real time with the amount of connectivity issues it would be

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. delete distributed pages

Being able to delete distributed pages in the student notebook

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Blackboard/ClassNotebook assignments and grading integration

Hi!

Blackboard is not available in the list of LMS/SIS connectors for ClassNotebook assignments and grading integration.

Blackboard is one of the leading LMS/VLE providers and is used at many Higher Education Institutions worldwide.

Please add Blackboard as a connector for ClassNotebook assignments and grading integration.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. equation editor

The Win10 app is getting good. The one thing I still miss from ON 2016 is the full equation editor - which is necessary when working with science. Will that come?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change the sort default to last name when reviewing student work

The default sort setting is student first name. Rarely would teachers need the list sorted by first name (however friendlier it might be). Most teachers have a gradebook open, sorted by last name, to cross-reference grades and work.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy/distribute sections/section groups

Improve the copying of sections and groups (Not distributing - That is a different story).

Currently, when I want to copy a section/section group, I right click, choose copy and I am then presented with a small window showing a fully expanded tree of all my notebooks. When I have 20 odd classes, all with 30 students in it that makes for a big tree that I then have to scroll through, making the process untenable. We need to have a simple copy/paste on right click. Like anything else (ever) in software, right click and copy, then go to where…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Live Pages in Class Notebook

It would be absolutely amazing to have this feature.

Here's how I think it would work:
    Ability to have a page in a Class Notebook that the teacher can write on and that students can edit their own version of in real time. A simple example of the functionality I’m imagining would be as follows:

The teacher creates a new “Live Page” in Class Notebook.

Distribute to student sections.

Teacher can then write a question e.g. “evaluate 5a+b when a=7 and b=2”.

Students can type or ink their answer.

Teacher can review answers in real time (by looking a student…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Math Tool AI 365 Form - Teacher to see data

As of now, only the student can see the quiz results. Is there a way for the teacher of the class notebook to see quiz results? Teachers want to have accountability options, and a way to offer credit/incentives for using this tool.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Insert comment

Sometimes I need to write a small note or comment about a certain sentence on the margin of the page, but to know to which sentence or paragraph this note is for , I usually draw an arrow along the whole text till the note. I thought it would be much easier if the program had the feature of inserting a comment ( as the one in Word )

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sync still takes too long

Even with just 2 users, the sync experience is variable and nowhere near as consistent with Google Docs. Sometimes the notebook has to be manually synced, other times it works automatically. With more active users in a class notebook the problem is worse.

To reduce the overhead of a class notebook constantly syncing there could be an option to set how often the teacher would like all users and clients to sync. For example, if the teacher is just sending out a page with instructions for pupils to refer to then the sync frequency can be reduced to a default…

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove permission to change page titles

Students will often accidentally change the page title of a distributed page and it then doesn't show up in the review student work. Would it be possible to have an option to set everything to background, including the title so that students can type/ink over the top with out being able to change the page structure.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create Hidden Section for ONLY Teachers to see.

This could be useful for teachers sharing notebooks, or even if a teacher has to take a leave of absence.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable iframe embedding to embed live content into OneNote

This suggestion is to unify a few other suggestions. I realize that OneNote has made a lot of progress in terms of embedding content but a lot of helpful content is excluded because OneNote does not allow iframe embedding.
    This feature is partially possible by using Sway as a wrapper but it gives mixed results. E.g. an iframe inside a Sway on a OneNote page will open separately in a browser when using OneNote for Windows 10, but will open on the OneNote page when using OneNote Online.
    It would be very useful if one could do that directly in…

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class and Staff Notebooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable recycle bin for owners of Class and Staff Notebooks

Enable recycle bin (accessible by owners of the notebook/team) for Class and Staff Notebooks, rather than going straight to permanent deletion.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base