OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site.  Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

How can we improve the OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Pop up web note whenever I re-visit a web page that I have attached the note to (like a sticky note for that particular web page)

Regarding the OneNote Web Clipper extension for Chrome- I would like to attach notes to certain web pages by clicking on the OneNote Web Clipper icon. In other words, whenever I visit that URL again, I would like that note to appear. We should also have the option to set a particular note to appear at that specific URL or any root URL of that web site, depending on the note. I could envision needing general notes for the whole web site and more specific notes for a particular product page or URL. For inspiration, please check out the Chrome…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pro Se LItigation treatment and handling + legal services + loose leaf services

Pro Se litigant access to legal services + electronic filing + access to court + treatment & handing + INTERIOR + precious cargo + Real Property

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  me@onenote.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Text directly to OneNote

It could work just like an email but it would be a text. When I’m out or I’m in a hurry I’ll text MYSELF if I have, say, a creative idea I don’t want to forget, I hear or read some quote or phrase I want to recall later, grocery items, things to do, etc... Quite often I’ll end up transferring some of this information to OneNote later. Why not just have a means to text it directly? Emailing is so much more time-consuming on your phone compared to a quick and easy text. You could create a designated folder…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. searching function

it would be better if i can use tabs in serch bar,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. not working with korean popular blog and cafe sites

not working with this similar sites

https://blog.naver.com/heojah/221231777522

http://cafe.naver.com/yeongjumom/46019

Those sites are most popular sites in South Korea.

pattern of sites are "https://blog.naver.com/" or "http://cafe.naver.com/" + ID + "/~"

hope to working well quickly.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Monitor web page and automatically update / refresh pages clipped into the notebook

I think it would be a killer feature to have the clipped web pages from notebook monitored (daily or other interval) for any changes. Like Distill web page monitor. Also it would be nice to have the section highlighted when changes occurred.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Clippe extension for Edge browser uses the wrong language

I have installed the clipper extension in chrome, firefox and edge.
    In the first two browsers it appears in the English language but in Edge it is in Italian (my OS is in English, the apps are in English, the only thing that I have in Italian is the keyboard layout (as it is physically that way in my laptop).
    There is no way to manually override what must be a wrong decision to display a certain language rather than another taken by whoever coded the extension for Edge.
    It would be just better to select a certain language as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to choose whether a clip should be added to the top or the bottom of the page list

Sometimes it is better to display the newest clip at the top of the page list.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please use one mode , PDF , for clipping the context , that might reduce various challenges of content clipping .

Mainly we need the article and not its vibrant picture etc , or clipping link and then text portion in PDF , will allow the user to get to site for presentation and if content is what is needed then a PDF will help to standardisation of all articles OneNote Clipper will be clipping .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Correct clip misalignment when screen is above 100% magnification

Because of my vision I set the screen at 120% magnification. When I clip to One Note, the section I drag around is offset when clipped, missing parts of the desired clip. I'm guessing this has something to do with magnification. I also use a sidebar, which may also contribute to misalignment. Needs to be corrected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. OneNote Clipper for Firefox 57 Quantum

OneNote clipper for Firefox (https://www.onenote.com/clipper) is not working with new Firefox 57 Quantum. Firefox 57 will remove (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1388902) the share feature because it was using a non official Social API.
    We need new Firefox clipper.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search in OneNote Clipper

Return search box to OneNote Clipper to find a page or folder. Windows 8 version of OneNote had search Windows 10 versions don't.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it easier to "Save As" to OneNote

Some .pdf links in webpages are configured to download directly to adobe acrobat and skip the ability to hit the OneNote WebClipper button. Right Click "Save Link As" does surface the .pdf file but I don't have a way to move it to a OneNote section. If OneNote was present in Windows Explorer we could send it to onenote as a "save as" file process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. OneNote Win+Shift+S conflict

Windows+Shift+S opens the screen clipping tool and after capturing the clipping OneNote dialog would open and I could select the destination folder in OneNote. Now, I am no longer given the opportunity to select the destination. I have made sure that the OneNote options>Sent to OneNote>Screen Clippings>'Always ask where to send' is selected. This phenomenon first occurred on my desk top several months ago and now on my Surface Pro 3 a few weeks ago. If I go the the Hidden Icons window and right click New Quick Note>Take Screen Clipping I get the choose destination folder after I capture…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Workaround for restriction on using email aliases linked to old Microsoft Accounts

I wanted to add a number of email addresses as aliases inside my primary Microsoft account, so I could use the me@onenote.com feature.

Problem: Some of these addresses linked to old MS accounts I no longer use and an email address / alias cannot be used in multiple accounts.

Workaround:
    By logging into old MS accounts and changing the primary email address on these to an alternative email address, I was able to remove the originally registered email address.
    I was then able to add the original email address as an alias inside my primary MS account.
    This therefore means…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  me@onenote.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Windows 10?

Clicking on One Not Clipper takes you to a Mac-only website: what about Windows 10?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Two ideas that would DRAMATICALLY improve my experience with clipper

1) Is there a way to make the Clipper automatically select the last used mode of area selection? Whenever I click on the Clipper icon in Chrome, it defaults to the "Full page", and I manually have to choose "Region" instead. I'd like it to go to "Region" each time I clip.

2) Is there a way for the Clipper to NOT show the "Clip Sucessful" banner after each clipping? I have to manually close it each time, and it's annoying and unnecessary.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Click anywhere to close the dialog box "The screen clipping was created successfully"

Its really annoying after clipping something, the box notification "The screen clipping was created successfully" doesnt disappear until i close it by clicking on the "x" in the box. It would be awesome, just by clicking somewhere on the website, that the box would disappear.

Therefore, is switched to Google Keep, until this feature will be included to the onenote web clipper.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. email to a section in a sectiongroup

I know you can add @section in the subject of an email, but I've got many section groups. Would it be possible to append @sectiongroup.section to the subject and the note would be emailed into the section under the section group? Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base