OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site.  Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

How can we improve the OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. OneNote Evernote Importer - import source url

Sorry - there isn't an Importer section - so this is the closest I can find - but there seem to be a lot of Evernote users here...

When importing from Evernote - the OneNote Evernote Importer doesn't import the <source-url> field of the enex format and so you can't see where your notes originally came from (the oneNote clipper fortunately does do this - although its a shame it doesn't seem to be a meta field in OneNote and is just text appended to the end of a note?).

The importer really should do this and emulate what the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Onenote image annotation

Annotations in the image get disturbed when i resizing the image. Currently when the i image resized, annotation doesnt stay intact. Please provide a option to flatten the image with annotation which can stay intact with image during image resize.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to add more than 1 account (Personal vs Work) for OneNote Web Clipper

I have an organization Office 365 account and a Personal Microsoft account.

At times i have the need to add items to my personal msft account and not O365 account from web.

OneNote Web Clipper does not allow selecting an account OR adding more than 1 account.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Screen Clipping as on OneNote 2016

I do design with CorelDraw (daily) and through different stages, I take a "screen clip" of the design using the "Take a Screen Clipping" feature in OneNote 2016. I paste the design work into OneNote so I can document the screen design. The loss of this feature is a major loss for me. I am do not know how I can continue without the "Take a Screen Clipping" feature. You already have the coding for the feature, why not include the feature with the new version of OneNote for Office 365. Please let me know if you have a solution…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 'Full page clipped screen shot' has poor resolution and 'Artical clip' has format problem

I am using Surface pro 4, most up-to-date Onenote and OneNote clipper (chrome extension).

For 'Full page clip':
    the final clipped picture has very bad quality, the resolution is very low, and sometimes it would have scale problem.

For the 'Article clip': the final clipped format is not good.

1. Especially when clipping pages with mathematical formulas. It happened a lot that all formulas would be recognized as pictures and , in the final print out, each picture would be assigned to an additional line rather than in the original format of one line continuous sentence. This is really bad,…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Batch clipping - 1-Click clipping for faster workflow

For many powerusers, a batch clipping option would be great. Of course only in addition to the normal clipping process.

This would mean a 1-click clipping mode, like with the "Pocket" browser extension, where you click once on an icon, and the page is saved.

Preferably with the option to specify location, content type and tags in advance.

This would be especially helpful for many ppl like me, who need to clip many pages and use the clipper often.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Assigning the pen buttons to a specific action in OneNote and other programs

... being able to use the pen buttons as shortcuts in programs, for example assigning the purple button for playing and pausing a selected audio/video recording. that would be great for me when listening to my recorded lectures. the key shortcuts aren't of any help when the type cover is not used.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  me@onenote.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. use OS user default locale date format for timestamp

Timestamp of notes created using web clipper are using US English date format ("dddd, mmmm, j,aaaa") and 12hours (AM/PM) time format

Should use (maybe optionally) the same format as the one set up in windows user profile locale settings.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make the Clipper Clip HTML into OneNote, so it is not a Screenshot but a real note

Make the Clipper Clip HTML into OneNote, so it is not only a Screenshot, but a real note. This would help with readability, searching, annotating and Size of the Notebook.
    Sometimes I need to scale the screenshot up, so i can read it. Then I open the webpage itself, because I can read it better in the Web-Browser

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. article clip for ios and android

Enhanced functionality for the IOS and Android extensions so that we can clip articles, bookmarks etc as we can do on the desktop version.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Limitation Sharepoint document library

Today SharePoint has limitiations stopping OneNote WebClipper to clip articles to OneNote.
    The solutions to delete items in Sharepoint isn't an acceptable solution therefore I vote to delete the limits completely from the Software!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make available to iPhone users

Unable to locate from the AppStore for iPhone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Email to specific notebooks

Allow users to email to a specific notebook, rather than just the "Quick Notes" (or whatever the user has set as their notebook to receive emails). This could be done by typing "@[notebook]" in the subject of the email, or some variant of that method.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  me@onenote.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When clipping a recipe, OneNote does not detect all ingredients if placed in two columns on webpage.

I clip a lot of recipes from the web. When clipping a recipe, OneNote does not detect all ingredients ifthey have been placed in two columns. Only the left-side column is detected, requiring me to go back into the original webpage and copy/paste the remaining ingredients. This is more a bug than a suggestion, since the 2nd column is definitely a part of the recipe.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New that the look and feel of onenote is uniform across devices, how about the clipper?

The clipper on ipad, iphone and android is pretty bad. Can these be upgraded to function and look like the browser plugin on desktops?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Scanned images from scanner

Plz add option for scanned images from scanner

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When clicking on "Show in OneNote" after clipping, open the installed version of OneNote and not the Web-Interface

The OneNote Clipper offers the opportunity to open the note right after having clipped into the notebook. But if one clicks on that, it opens the Webinterface OneNoteOnline. Users, who have installed OneNote as a real programme (Office 365) prefer to get that programme opened cause it laods faster and one does not need to login.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve Clipper for iOS

There are lots of requests on UserVoice to improve clipper. This is because Clipping is a very important part of our note keeping workflow. OneNote clipper for iOS is not great - in fact its awful - and needs to be dramatically improved. It needs to work with all browsers and have all of the functionality of EverNote and Instapaper in order to meet iOS user expectations.
    Please give Clipper for iOS an update.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make the OneNote Web Clipper work in Edge Browser

After more than a year of waiting for Edge Browser's capabilities to evolve enough to make it a truly useful product, the only thing holding me back from making it my browser of choice is that the OneNote Web Clipper still doesn't work... who does one have to kill to make Microsoft address this really obvious failing? Is it the OneNote Dev Team, or is it the Edge Dev team? Maybe it's both?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)