OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site.  Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Make the OneNote clipper function more like the Evernote clipper

I use both OneNote and Evernote. They each have their own uses. But frankly the Evernote web clipper does a much more elegant job. Rather than go into the deficiencies of the OneNote clipper, I would like to suggest that OneNote clipper adopt the following functions.

- Full page/Article/ Simplified Article, Bookmark and Screen Capture as in the Evernote clipper.

- Capture full HTML content rather than a bitmap image of a web page (or make that an option.) An image only capture seems rather simplistic and unusable for anything other than viewing. Being able to directly select formatted page…

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable a Favorite Pages List

Allow Clipper users to create a quick-access list of favorite notebook pages where we most frequently clip content. I have many open notebooks, each with many pages, so rather than navigating up/down a hierarchy of pages to find the page where I want to put clipped content, allow me one-click access to my favorite pages (in addition to the entire hierarchy of notebooks/pages).

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include SVG images in a clipping of a webpage in Article format.

Clipper seems to drop SVG images when you want a website in article format. If OneNote can't support SVG, would be nice if Clipper can convert SVN into PNG as part of it's functionality.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. better @tag for me@onenote.com

let me@onenote.com @tag choose notebook, section group, and section, instead of only sections in the root notebook level.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  me@onenote.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make webclipper work with a more than 20K entries in Sharepoint/OneDrive Onine

Make webclipper work with a more than 20K entries in Sharepoint/OneDrive Onine

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneNote clipper - Timeout needed!!!

After bookmarking/clipping etc to clipper ...there is badge left which says..it is successeful and view in one note....
    But it stays there unless you actively close the badge .
    It should DISAPPEAR after say 5 sec. BY DEFAULT.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OneNote Clipper for Chrome doesn't show all my notebooks/sections in Location Picker.

I have many notebooks that were initialized the via MS Teams add OneNote Tab. They have addresses like:
    https://xx.sharepoint.com/sites/yyy/_layouts/OneNote.aspx?id=xx

These notebooks and sections do not appear in my OneNote Clipper for Chrome. Please enable these types of notebooks in the location picker.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I renamed a notebook over 6 months ago, and the OneNote web clipper is still showing the old name

I renamed a notebook over 6 months ago, and the OneNote web clipper is still showing the old name. Why doesn't the web clipper refresh the notebooks and sections more frequently? (I also have renamed sections that are showing up under their old names..)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow to to clipping to a shared notebook on SharePoint team site

As far as I know it is not yet possible to clip web pages to a notebook stored on a SharePoint team site.

Would be very welcome! Without that feature, OneNote will never be a challenger to Evernote when it comes to team collaboration.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. OneNote Evernote Importer - import source url

Sorry - there isn't an Importer section - so this is the closest I can find - but there seem to be a lot of Evernote users here...

When importing from Evernote - the OneNote Evernote Importer doesn't import the <source-url> field of the enex format and so you can't see where your notes originally came from (the oneNote clipper fortunately does do this - although its a shame it doesn't seem to be a meta field in OneNote and is just text appended to the end of a note?).

The importer really should do this and emulate what the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to add more than 1 account (Personal vs Work) for OneNote Web Clipper

I have an organization Office 365 account and a Personal Microsoft account.

At times i have the need to add items to my personal msft account and not O365 account from web.

OneNote Web Clipper does not allow selecting an account OR adding more than 1 account.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Onenote image annotation

Annotations in the image get disturbed when i resizing the image. Currently when the i image resized, annotation doesnt stay intact. Please provide a option to flatten the image with annotation which can stay intact with image during image resize.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Screen Clipping as on OneNote 2016

I do design with CorelDraw (daily) and through different stages, I take a "screen clip" of the design using the "Take a Screen Clipping" feature in OneNote 2016. I paste the design work into OneNote so I can document the screen design. The loss of this feature is a major loss for me. I am do not know how I can continue without the "Take a Screen Clipping" feature. You already have the coding for the feature, why not include the feature with the new version of OneNote for Office 365. Please let me know if you have a solution…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 'Full page clipped screen shot' has poor resolution and 'Artical clip' has format problem

I am using Surface pro 4, most up-to-date Onenote and OneNote clipper (chrome extension).

For 'Full page clip':
    the final clipped picture has very bad quality, the resolution is very low, and sometimes it would have scale problem.

For the 'Article clip': the final clipped format is not good.

1. Especially when clipping pages with mathematical formulas. It happened a lot that all formulas would be recognized as pictures and , in the final print out, each picture would be assigned to an additional line rather than in the original format of one line continuous sentence. This is really bad,…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Batch clipping - 1-Click clipping for faster workflow

For many powerusers, a batch clipping option would be great. Of course only in addition to the normal clipping process.

This would mean a 1-click clipping mode, like with the "Pocket" browser extension, where you click once on an icon, and the page is saved.

Preferably with the option to specify location, content type and tags in advance.

This would be especially helpful for many ppl like me, who need to clip many pages and use the clipper often.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. use OS user default locale date format for timestamp

Timestamp of notes created using web clipper are using US English date format ("dddd, mmmm, j,aaaa") and 12hours (AM/PM) time format

Should use (maybe optionally) the same format as the one set up in windows user profile locale settings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assigning the pen buttons to a specific action in OneNote and other programs

... being able to use the pen buttons as shortcuts in programs, for example assigning the purple button for playing and pausing a selected audio/video recording. that would be great for me when listening to my recorded lectures. the key shortcuts aren't of any help when the type cover is not used.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  me@onenote.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make the Clipper Clip HTML into OneNote, so it is not a Screenshot but a real note

Make the Clipper Clip HTML into OneNote, so it is not only a Screenshot, but a real note. This would help with readability, searching, annotating and Size of the Notebook.
    Sometimes I need to scale the screenshot up, so i can read it. Then I open the webpage itself, because I can read it better in the Web-Browser

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Limitation Sharepoint document library

Today SharePoint has limitiations stopping OneNote WebClipper to clip articles to OneNote.
    The solutions to delete items in Sharepoint isn't an acceptable solution therefore I vote to delete the limits completely from the Software!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base