How can we improve the OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com?

Clipper as an Outlook add-in

The old version of Outlook.com had a "Send to OneNote" function, where it sends the current email to a new OneNote page in my Inbox.

Outlook desktop also have a OneNote function built in, where I can choose where to save the current email.

I think both of those functions should be replaced by a single Outlook add-in. The benefits of this would be:
* A single experience in Outlook web and desktop versions;
* If a user don't use OneNote, it can simply choose not to install the add-in, or uninstall it at some point;
* Add-ins can work in mobile versions of Outlook (like Outlook for iOS);
* OneNote team would deal with the development (you can evolve OneNote without worrying about the Outlook team);

Take a look at the Evernote for Outlook. It is a great source of inspiration. https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2016/04/06/evernote-for-outlook/

29 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christian Hartung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Taylor Hensson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, this function is absolutely essential for me!
    I still have the OneNote button in Outlook but it always wants to send it to OneNote 2016 instead of the "new" OneNote. If that could be fixed, and also the same feature could be added for the mobile outlook app, it would be a real dream.
    Forwarding the email to me@onenote.com is an alternative solution that I'm using for now but it annoys me that I can not choose the notebook/section i want to send it to then.

Feedback and Knowledge Base