How can we improve the OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com?

Allow to to clipping to a shared notebook on SharePoint team site

As far as I know it is not yet possible to clip web pages to a notebook stored on a SharePoint team site.

Would be very welcome! Without that feature, OneNote will never be a challenger to Evernote when it comes to team collaboration.

95 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Traci Duez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have an app called Teams but you don't allow teams to share clips in a OneNote notebook? Is it that hard to add a location dropdown like you do for Save as... and Save to... functions.

• Grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, this suggestion was brought up exactly 2 years ago today and still nothing has been done about it.

I find MS a very frustrating company to deal with as they market all these tools to make your life easier and more productive but when you go to use them, there frequently seem to be shortcomings, "gotchas", and band-aid workarounds until they catch up with the marketing hype. I also don't understand why users must have to continually beg for what seems like standard functionality on forums like these.

I know I'm just one voice amongst millions but this strategy has to change! All this time spent on forums trying to solve problems and understand why a feature doesn't work as advertised is actually making me less productive.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Microsoft, stop with the unnecessary hurdles to otherwise meaningful adoption of your teams strategy.

• Saminole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously?!?!? Why be the company of almost when you can dominate by simply filling in these blanks?

this is absolutely needed (clip to teams contained one note) this lets down the teams as a collaboration tool.

Yep, please implement that. Right now I have to send all my clippings to my personal notebook first, press the sync button in my onenote app, then move it to the target notebook on sharepoint / groups / teams. That slows down the work on researches way too much, especially if collaboration and sharing of information is important.

I am totally for that idea. Office 365 moves in direction of Office 365 Groups where collaboration is the most precious aspect. How to collaborate without possibility to effectivelly use OneNote.

• Alex M. Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to modernize our company's market research workflow and data storage system - moving from:

{manually copy-pasted web snippets into word documents, in client file of company fileserver}

to OneNote-centric info-grabbing (leveraging all its automation, metadata, searchability, organizational, collaborative, etc. advantages) into a SharePoint site documents library.

Having to clip to a ONFB notebook and then manually move all those pages into the working notebook is a time-consuming extra step, and while I personally am (grudgingly) still willing to use that workaround, the hassle and complication does contribute to the resistance of other team members against using OneNote themselves, and thus the inability to clip right to a SharePoint notebook is a non-trivial roadblock to our implementation of a modern cloud-enabled Microsoft data management system.

We use OneNote extensively, and this is one of the most frustrating missing features. Please add the functionality to be able to point Clipper to a SharePoint folder.

• Maxime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature for people working on a common OneNote Notebook, I recently move my personnal notebook to become a team notebook in sharepoint 365 and was dissapointed to lose this important feature.

• C Rafshoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have tool What a hole in functionality that you can only use a web clipper to store in OneNote on Onedrive. Please add this functionality asap.

The lack of this functionality is making OneNote virtually unusable in my workplace.

This is a MUST-HAVE for me!! The main thing we use the notebook for is to reference things from the browser. This would make life so much easier!!!

• Kat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential if OneNote is integrated into Teams, Groups, and Dynamics CRM.
    If you think about it, what is the Use Case for OneNote with these tools ... collaborate and more importantly collect information.... primarily from the web. Therefore in business/enterprise plans (vs. personal Home use), OneNote feature needs to access these various Sharepoint notebooks.

• ira horden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a business I need to share items and notes. Microsoft says the way to controlled shared items is by Sharepoint, However, there is no way to clip and save to sharepoint libraries, only to my personal area. Does not make any sense to me.

Absolutely. The current workflow is a second rate experience at the moment which is to clip to my personal notebook and then I have to go into OneNote, find it, and then move it to the correct Team notebook.

Keep up the great work guys!

Feedback and Knowledge Base