How can we improve the OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com?

Improve Clipper for iOS

There are lots of requests on UserVoice to improve clipper. This is because Clipping is a very important part of our note keeping workflow. OneNote clipper for iOS is not great - in fact its awful - and needs to be dramatically improved. It needs to work with all browsers and have all of the functionality of EverNote and Instapaper in order to meet iOS user expectations.
Please give Clipper for iOS an update.

53 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clipper for IOS is pretty awful. It doesn’t strip the text from the page as works on PC. unable to search text after saving a webpage

• Dennis Metzcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do almost all my clipping on mobile, and I was very disappointed to see how the clipper worked. Coming from Evernote, it's just terrible. I don't want a screenshot of the entire page. That's a rather lazy design. I want the same features I get with the desktop clipper: save the article or save the page itself.

Same here. Do most of my clipping on my phone when I’m out and about. This is stopping me from moving from Evernote to OneNote.

• Paul Lowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of a functioning web clipper for OneNote on ios (whether in chrome, safari or firefox) is the only issue holding me back from moving from Evernote to ON. Since I do half of my web clipping on an ipad pro 12.9, that means I have to also use Evernote on my Windows desktop, which reduces the extent to which I use other Office components. For similar easy functionality as ON, my active note processing is done in Apple Notes, which with ios11 has improved greatly. Seems like Microsoft is really missing a trick if it wants ON to be a key factor that retains Office users.

• MP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adjust size, crop, full page or article, show/hide URL, specify exact location. Any or all would be great additions to existing functionality.

• Chris K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish it just worked like the "Clip to OneNote" browser extension for Chrome. Let me tap the share button on my mobile browser, then give me the option to clip the web page as Full Page, Region, Article or Bookmark. Maybe the Region option won't work because of the small screen but at least give me more than just a link.

• Chris Batchelor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got thinking of some adjustments that can be made. Can we get an iOS Safari tool that clips a page as an Article rather than an image. I'm having problems displaying images in OneNote. My cache always seems to clear (I gave no clue why) and all I end up with in the end is little white boxes with the x icon in them. However, they are still visible on my iOS devices of all sorts. Article mode is able to get more easily read and I get a lot ,ore out of the information when presented this way.

• gcfio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The clipper only gets the URL and these screenshots that are tiny images. If we could just have the ability to save it as an article like the browser clipper, that would be a huge improvement. Ideally, I'd like it to be saved in .mht format so everything is saved and I copy/paste and cut anything once it was saved in onenote.

Agreed. By improving this functionality of the webclipper, I could leave Evernote behind.

• Alfred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. It's serviceable when sharing from Safari, but using iOS Chrome, just pastes a link.

This is probably the one thing that Evernote has as an advantage.

I completely agree. I recently tried using this "feature" and recall seeing nothing but a URL. There was no practical way to get the "clip" into a specific notebook within iOS, the way it can be done on a desktop (whether it's OS X or Windows). Being able to do this on an iPad or iPhone would be very useful; it would also make OneNote more appealing to iOS users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base