OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site.  Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

How can we improve the OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Disable third-party cookies

Bring back the ability of Onenote Clipper to work when third-party cookies are disabled. This used to work, but sometime around the Windows 10 October Update, the feature started failing saying I needed to login.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Put the OneNote Clipper for Chromium Edge in the Microsoft Store

There are multiple Microsoft extensions for the new Chromium-based Edge browser - but the OneNote clipper isn't one of them, so users have to enable the Chrome Store just to get the OneNote clipper. Please just repackage the extension for Edge Dev/Canary users and put it in the Microsoft Store.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the Clipper work in iOS for Safari, Chrome, etc

Make the Clipper plug-in/app fully available in iOS to work in Safari, Chrome or any browser just like it works in Windows browsers. Sending to OneNote natively makes for a useless tiny image capture of a page, rather than having all of the intelligence that the Clipper brings to capturing from web.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make the Clipper work in iOS for Safari, Chrome, etc

Make the Clipper plug-in/app fully available in iOS to work in Safari, Chrome or any browser just like it works in Windows browsers. Sending to OneNote natively makes for a useless tiny image capture of a page, rather than having all of the intelligence that the Clipper brings to capturing from web.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a feature to clip citation from a webpage, especially from Journal websites

Add a feature to clip citation from a webpage, espcially from Journal websites and store them on a separate OneNote bibliography page in BibTex format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. tag

Now that OneNote for Windows has a better tagging system with custom tags. Let us apply those tags to clippings in the clipper!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. webp support!

webp support!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Vertical slider to select destination page is too small. Selection difficult / inaccurate.

The Clip to Onenote (as installed in Chrome) vertical slider to select destination page is too small. Selection is difficult and inaccurate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Clipper rarely detects recipes

It would be nice if there was some manual way to tell the clipper that I'm trying to clip a recipe, most of the time it doesn't detect it and I have to use full page.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. W 10

After an update my W10 phone became permanently locked to USA time. As I live in Australia this wrecked my calendar, not only times but days caused by the dateline. this phone is now on death row waiting for my new android to arrive. then I may be interested.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  me@onenote.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. update the drop down list

The drop down list of Notebooks where you select the Notebook to send a clip should be editable so Notebooks can be added or deleted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. All browser tabs to OneNote and organized as project

Browser Tab
    Dear OneNote Team could you design an "all browser tabs to OneNote" function, showing all tabs in OneNote as cards?
    Goal: Organize all links for a project over time and make it available for the team. Compare Toby for Chrome which is a really cool approach, but we would like ot have notes added to links and not shared what we are working on with the outside.
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import Images Consistently in Article Mode

OneNote Clipper oftentimes imports an article without its associated images. In their place is a placeholder with the same dimensions as the original image and a small red X indicating that the image could not be found. This consistently occurs on some sites, while working perfectly on others. Many have said that it may have to do with the image being hosted on an https:// server? Either way, it would be helpful if the web clipper consistently imported images associated with an article. Thank you!

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give Users Options for scalable or Resizable Pages In OneNote Notebook

The pages and regions that get clipped from The Microsoft Edge OneNote Web-Clipper dont fit quite right into the pages when reviewing work or notes in the actual OneNote Notebook. Most of the time it isn't possible to accurately read and scale the saved pages. Even when using both the vertical and horizontal scrollbars to try to read. My suggestion would be to add scalable pages using touch Pinch and Zoom. This would allow the adjustability and make the pages visually stable for users. Basically, if you make the pages resizable or add some type of toolbar feature that would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clipping a larger region by scrolling down a page

Would be nice if it's able to clip a region larger than a screen page only by scrolling down the page before marking the the desired end selection. Currently can only clip whatever can be shown on the screen only. Other capturing software allow this, like FastStone Capture.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Clipper as an Outlook add-in

The old version of Outlook.com had a "Send to OneNote" function, where it sends the current email to a new OneNote page in my Inbox.

Outlook desktop also have a OneNote function built in, where I can choose where to save the current email.

I think both of those functions should be replaced by a single Outlook add-in. The benefits of this would be:
    * A single experience in Outlook web and desktop versions;
    * If a user don't use OneNote, it can simply choose not to install the add-in, or uninstall it at some point;
    * Add-ins can work…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include SVG images in a clipping of a webpage in Article format.

Clipper seems to drop SVG images when you want a website in article format. If OneNote can't support SVG, would be nice if Clipper can convert SVN into PNG as part of it's functionality.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pro Se LItigation treatment and handling + legal services + loose leaf services

Pro Se litigant access to legal services + electronic filing + access to court + treatment & handing + INTERIOR + precious cargo + Real Property

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pop up web note whenever I re-visit a web page that I have attached the note to (like a sticky note for that particular web page)

Regarding the OneNote Web Clipper extension for Chrome- I would like to attach notes to certain web pages by clicking on the OneNote Web Clipper icon. In other words, whenever I visit that URL again, I would like that note to appear. We should also have the option to set a particular note to appear at that specific URL or any root URL of that web site, depending on the note. I could envision needing general notes for the whole web site and more specific notes for a particular product page or URL. For inspiration, please check out the Chrome…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base