OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site.  Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Allow users to set default OneNote Clipper Mode (Full page, article, bookmark, etc)

There are multiple variations around this idea but to allow a single idea to be upvoted - this is the add an option to set the default capture mode - like Evernote and other website capture tools have.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back OneNote Clipper for Safari

OneNote Clipper for Safari used to be available and many of us used it. It has not been available for some months now and no word from Microsoft on why or when it will return. Please bring it back ASAP and provide information in the meantime.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. OneNote Web Clipper doesn't work well with Full page mode

OneNote Web Clipper doesn't work well with Full page mode, The Developers should work on that and make it work like Evernote web clipper, currently OneNote web clipper sucks, please check if need needed, change the whole team working on OneNote clipper, if you can't make it better then please discontinue this project or Product whatever you say. thank you

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Respect Create New Pages Preferences

As a user with Preferences > Navigation > Page List > Create new pages: set to "At the top of the page list," me@onenote.com should add new pages to the top of the page list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  me@onenote.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OneNote Clipper with Sticky Notes

Give OneNote Clipper the ability to save links to Sticky Notes. I think Sticky Notes a more fitted for links and shorter texts. While OneNote is a great tool for longer texts and notes it can be very confusing with all that pages with little to no information.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Is anyone from Microsoft looking at or responding to feedback here anymore?

Is anyone from Microsoft looking at or responding to feedback here anymore in these areas (specifically the Clipper feedback)? I haven't seen and responses or any suggestions marked as being worked on or completed in a very long time. Compared to other areas and rate of responses, this seems to be not getting much focus.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Onenote webclipper region capture doesnt work correctly in Firefox browser

Hi,

I noticed Onenote webclipper region capture fuction doesnt work correctly when using the Firefox browser,

it failed to capture what I selected and this issue has lasted for 2 months. Today I've tried to use this function in chrome, it worked perfectly well. Hope this issue could be solved soon.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Put the OneNote Clipper for Chromium Edge in the Microsoft Store

There are multiple Microsoft extensions for the new Chromium-based Edge browser - but the OneNote clipper isn't one of them, so users have to enable the Chrome Store just to get the OneNote clipper. Please just repackage the extension for Edge Dev/Canary users and put it in the Microsoft Store.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I want OneNote to automatically translate the page title/subject line to my preferred language.

I want OneNote to automatically translate the page title/subject line to my preferred language. It makes no sense that it arrives in US English when all my devices, apps, email accounts and browser and ofcourse OneNote 2016 are set to UK English, but the subject title from my emailed notes appears as US English in Page Title. I don't want to manually translate every page title I of every new emailed Note. Even my the body of the emailed notes automatically arrive as English UK, so why not Subject Line/Page Title?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  me@onenote.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add option to import files to OneNote (html etc) in batch

Add the option to import already-saved HTML files. Also Office files like Docx.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. OneNote clipper does not work across personal and business accounts

The problem is simply this. The OneNote Clipper works fine with a personal account but does not work with a business account. I can log out of a personal account and log in to a business account. The available notebooks do not change.
    What is particularly disconcerting is that https://www.onenote.com lets me logon with my business account credentials, but then shows 'My Notebooks' as those under the personal account, but many 'Recent notebooks' are SharePoint hosted notebooks only available through the business account. I have concerns both from a practical point of view and from a security perspective. What is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Different Colors for highlight

Add different colors for highlight

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the Clipper work in iOS for Safari, Chrome, etc

Make the Clipper plug-in/app fully available in iOS to work in Safari, Chrome or any browser just like it works in Windows browsers. Sending to OneNote natively makes for a useless tiny image capture of a page, rather than having all of the intelligence that the Clipper brings to capturing from web.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. tag

Now that OneNote for Windows has a better tagging system with custom tags. Let us apply those tags to clippings in the clipper!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Import Images Consistently in Article Mode

OneNote Clipper oftentimes imports an article without its associated images. In their place is a placeholder with the same dimensions as the original image and a small red X indicating that the image could not be found. This consistently occurs on some sites, while working perfectly on others. Many have said that it may have to do with the image being hosted on an https:// server? Either way, it would be helpful if the web clipper consistently imported images associated with an article. Thank you!

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add underline

Add underline feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disable third-party cookies

Bring back the ability of Onenote Clipper to work when third-party cookies are disabled. This used to work, but sometime around the Windows 10 October Update, the feature started failing saying I needed to login.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. name onenote rename

My OneNote Clipper retains the old name of a notebook even after I change the name in OneDrive.

Using the plugin in Firefox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Clipping a larger region by scrolling down a page

Would be nice if it's able to clip a region larger than a screen page only by scrolling down the page before marking the the desired end selection. Currently can only clip whatever can be shown on the screen only. Other capturing software allow this, like FastStone Capture.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix clipping in Haaretz.co.il site

The clipper gives error -
    Usid: 66c12dde-ca80-4cf7-4b44-9aca9ecc211f

Also in Amazon.com in Article mode it sees only 3 lines of text and nothing more.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base