OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site.  Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Put the OneNote Clipper for Chromium Edge in the Microsoft Store

There are multiple Microsoft extensions for the new Chromium-based Edge browser - but the OneNote clipper isn't one of them, so users have to enable the Chrome Store just to get the OneNote clipper. Please just repackage the extension for Edge Dev/Canary users and put it in the Microsoft Store.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import Images Consistently in Article Mode

OneNote Clipper oftentimes imports an article without its associated images. In their place is a placeholder with the same dimensions as the original image and a small red X indicating that the image could not be found. This consistently occurs on some sites, while working perfectly on others. Many have said that it may have to do with the image being hosted on an https:// server? Either way, it would be helpful if the web clipper consistently imported images associated with an article. Thank you!

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. tag

Now that OneNote for Windows has a better tagging system with custom tags. Let us apply those tags to clippings in the clipper!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Is anyone from Microsoft looking at or responding to feedback here anymore?

Is anyone from Microsoft looking at or responding to feedback here anymore in these areas (specifically the Clipper feedback)? I haven't seen and responses or any suggestions marked as being worked on or completed in a very long time. Compared to other areas and rate of responses, this seems to be not getting much focus.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the Clipper work in iOS for Safari, Chrome, etc

Make the Clipper plug-in/app fully available in iOS to work in Safari, Chrome or any browser just like it works in Windows browsers. Sending to OneNote natively makes for a useless tiny image capture of a page, rather than having all of the intelligence that the Clipper brings to capturing from web.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Clipping a larger region by scrolling down a page

Would be nice if it's able to clip a region larger than a screen page only by scrolling down the page before marking the the desired end selection. Currently can only clip whatever can be shown on the screen only. Other capturing software allow this, like FastStone Capture.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disable third-party cookies

Bring back the ability of Onenote Clipper to work when third-party cookies are disabled. This used to work, but sometime around the Windows 10 October Update, the feature started failing saying I needed to login.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. OneNote clipper does not work across personal and business accounts

The problem is simply this. The OneNote Clipper works fine with a personal account but does not work with a business account. I can log out of a personal account and log in to a business account. The available notebooks do not change.
    What is particularly disconcerting is that https://www.onenote.com lets me logon with my business account credentials, but then shows 'My Notebooks' as those under the personal account, but many 'Recent notebooks' are SharePoint hosted notebooks only available through the business account. I have concerns both from a practical point of view and from a security perspective. What is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix clipping in Haaretz.co.il site

The clipper gives error -
    Usid: 66c12dde-ca80-4cf7-4b44-9aca9ecc211f

Also in Amazon.com in Article mode it sees only 3 lines of text and nothing more.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keyboard shortcuts for FireFox extension

FireFox 66+ supports shortcuts for different actions of an Extension.
    Please add available actions (region, bookmark, etc save)
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/manifest.json/commands#Updating_shortcuts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. image classnotebook

It would be great for students to be able to use onenote clipper in their pages in a classnotebook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Clipper as an Outlook add-in

The old version of Outlook.com had a "Send to OneNote" function, where it sends the current email to a new OneNote page in my Inbox.

Outlook desktop also have a OneNote function built in, where I can choose where to save the current email.

I think both of those functions should be replaced by a single Outlook add-in. The benefits of this would be:
    * A single experience in Outlook web and desktop versions;
    * If a user don't use OneNote, it can simply choose not to install the add-in, or uninstall it at some point;
    * Add-ins can work…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. not sure what any of that is

is that where all my information will be stored?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  me@onenote.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a feature to clip citation from a webpage, especially from Journal websites

Add a feature to clip citation from a webpage, espcially from Journal websites and store them on a separate OneNote bibliography page in BibTex format.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. webp support!

webp support!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clipper rarely detects recipes

It would be nice if there was some manual way to tell the clipper that I'm trying to clip a recipe, most of the time it doesn't detect it and I have to use full page.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Vertical slider to select destination page is too small. Selection difficult / inaccurate.

The Clip to Onenote (as installed in Chrome) vertical slider to select destination page is too small. Selection is difficult and inaccurate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the OneNote clipper function more like the Evernote clipper

I use both OneNote and Evernote. They each have their own uses. But frankly the Evernote web clipper does a much more elegant job. Rather than go into the deficiencies of the OneNote clipper, I would like to suggest that OneNote clipper adopt the following functions.

- Full page/Article/ Simplified Article, Bookmark and Screen Capture as in the Evernote clipper.

- Capture full HTML content rather than a bitmap image of a web page (or make that an option.) An image only capture seems rather simplistic and unusable for anything other than viewing. Being able to directly select formatted page…

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Clipper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable a Favorite Pages List

Allow Clipper users to create a quick-access list of favorite notebook pages where we most frequently clip content. I have many open notebooks, each with many pages, so rather than navigating up/down a hierarchy of pages to find the page where I want to put clipped content, allow me one-click access to my favorite pages (in addition to the entire hierarchy of notebooks/pages).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. better @tag for me@onenote.com

let me@onenote.com @tag choose notebook, section group, and section, instead of only sections in the root notebook level.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  me@onenote.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote Clipper or me@onenote.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base