OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Link subpages to parent page

When moving/copying pages w/in OneNote, it's somewhat confusing that moving the "parent" page of a subpage doesn't grab all the sub pages. These are instead "orphaned" when in fact it's highly likely they were related to the moved parent page and should have gone along with it.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are pleased to let you know that this bug has been fixed in OneNote for Windows 10. You should now be able to drag and drop pages and their subpages together. The same applies when using the Move/Copy dialog.

Thank you for all your comments and feedback in helping us make OneNote better for everyone to use.
    For a list of features added to OneNote for Windows 10 please visit the following article
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-s-new-in-OneNote-for-Windows-10-1477d5de-f4fd-4943-b18a-ff17091161ea

2. Allow user to move section to different notebook

Allow user to move a section in notebook A to notebook B,

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are please to inform you that with the OneNote for Windows 10 April 2017 update.

For more details on that please visit:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-s-new-in-OneNote-for-Windows-10-1477d5de-f4fd-4943-b18a-ff17091161ea?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&ocmsassetID=1477d5de-f4fd-4943-b18a-ff17091161ea#Audience=Everyone

Thank you for all your comments and feedback in helping us make OneNote better for everyone to use.

3. Create a notebook directly from Windows phone app

I'd love to be able to create a folder directly from the Windows phone app.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are please to inform you that with the OneNote for Windows 10 July 2017 update, you should be able to create notebooks from the app no matter whether you are on Windows Phone or Desktop.

For more details on that please visit:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-s-new-in-OneNote-for-Windows-10-1477d5de-f4fd-4943-b18a-ff17091161ea?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&ocmsassetID=1477d5de-f4fd-4943-b18a-ff17091161ea#Audience=Everyone

4. Windows Store app: Insert PDF documents

Vote for this if you want to be able to insert PDF documents into your notes in order to annotate and/or preserve them in the OneNote Windows Store.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. jumping ink when using OneNote on an RTL (mirrored) windows 10

Hello

Recently you added mirrored mode for right to left language users , but that introduced a bug that make the ink jump after each stroke , here is a video of this bug
    http://1drv.ms/1ZEvYRe

(info about my device, windows 10 home using the latest update of OneNote , the device is HP pavilion X2 2015 model that support a synaptic pen)

Please fix it ASAP

Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This bug should have been fixed in the OneNote for Windows 10 October 2017 update. Please check your existing pages and let us know if you still experience any problems.

PS: The link you posted is dead.

For a list of features added to OneNote for Windows 10 please visit the following article
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-s-new-in-OneNote-for-Windows-10-1477d5de-f4fd-4943-b18a-ff17091161ea

6. Lock an image as a background

Often I will print to OneNote so I can markup the printout with a stylus.

The problem is if I accidently select the image of my printed document (which is crazy easy to do) there is no easy way to 'unselect' the image so I can go back to pen mode (because the image takes up all the screen I cannot 'click off' the image to get to pen mode).

When choosing a paper type the ruled lines just "sit behind" whatever content is created. It could be like a background layer in Photoshop so when you're on a layer…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are pleased to inform you that this feature is currently available in OneNote for Windows 10.

In order to make a picture a background, simply right click the desired picture on the canvas and choose “Picture” > “Set Picture as Background”.

Thank you for posting on our forum and helping us make OneNote for Windows 10 better for everyone!

-The OneNote Team

7. easily import a picture from surface or other mobile device. I should be able to click/ tap a button, launch my camera app, take a pic and

easily import a picture from surface or other mobile device. I should be able to click/ tap a button, launch my camera app, take a pic and

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are pleased to inform you that OneNote for Windows 10 currently allows inserting pictures in many ways.

You can find 3 different ones in the Insert tab on the ribbon, after choosing “Pictures”.

The choices that are offered are “From File”, “From Camera” and “From Online”.

Other than that, you are also able to copy and paste any image from Windows into the OneNote page and it should automatically be embedded there.

Thank you for posting on our forum and helping us improve OneNote for Windows 10!

-The OneNote Team

8. Preview image in pages list

preview a little thumb of any embedded image in the page (if so) next to the title, text excerpt in the pages list just as in the tablet version. I myself like to browse my notes visually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [imbed YouTube videos in OneNote] Youtube Videos in OneNote einbinden

Ich arbeite sehr viel und oft mit OneNote und hier und da brauche ich auch mal ein Youtube Video unter meinen in meiner Seite.

Am besten sollte man das Video einbinden, ohne dass man es vorher runterladen muss.

Es wäre gut, wenn man es so einbinden könnte, wie man das auf verschiedenen Webseiten in den Artikeln sehen kann

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. At-a-glance sync status

The first thing I have to do after opening OneNote is to check on sync status. This is not a one-step operation.
    Why not have a syncstatus icon visible at all times? It could be color-coded, e.g. green - sync has taken place within last minute, orange - in 30 minutes, red > 1 hour.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are pleased to inform you that the checking the sync status became much easier in OneNote for Windows 10 as part of the July 2017 update.

You should be able to check the status of each notebook in the notebook list. If a notebook is syncing or has sync errors, it will have a badge indicating the corresponding status. Please note also that the title bar of the app will also indicate the sync status.

For more information on our updates please reference the following article:

Thank you for helping us shape OneNote for Windows 10!
    -The OneNote Team

12. direct integration between OneNote and WordPress for blogging

I love OneNote as a Consultant and also as a Blogger, i wish if there was a direct integration "connection" from OneNote to WordPress, something like "live writer" but embedded inside OneNote using the OneNote Style.
    i still use OneNote for Blogging, i basically write the article on OneNote then copy paste it to WordPress or Live Writer to publish it but it take time to adjust the article to fit the Blog template.

Appreciate if this can be voted for :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  Steven Novick responded

Good news! This already exists in the OneNote 2013 desktop version! From any post go to File→Send→Send to Blog. This feature will allow you to publish any page to a Wordpress site (or a few other blog providers).

If you are running an older version of OneNote, you can get the latest version for free at onenote.com.

13. How about to be able to move a page or a section from one notebook to another

How about to be able to move a page or a section from one notebook to another

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are pleased to inform you that this feature already exists in OneNote for Windows 10.

You can right click a given page and choose Move/Copy and follow the instructions in the dialog to move the given page to another location, including another notebook that you currently have opened in the app.

For more information on our updates please reference the following article:

Thank you for helping us shape OneNote for Windows 10!
    -The OneNote Team

14. Windows Store app: Printing

Vote for this if you want to be able to print your notes on paper from the OneNote Windows Store app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make a stand alone app wth more updates

Please separate the OS and the OneNote app, so you can update it quicker.

But instead of having an alpha version (like with xbox music), please make it good first.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Opening attached files

I cannot open attached Office and pdf files (an error message always appears). Please fix this

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This may have been fixed long ago as we are not able to repro this bug.

For more details on OneNote for Windows 10 updates, please reference the following article:

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base