OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Set a Reminder on OneNote

Hello,

please let us set a reminder on one note directly not through the outlook. thank you!

Blessings

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. one Note split screen to allow two notebooks side by side

split screen so can have two books or pages side by side to allow drag and drop from different pages and books

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. alphabetize

Please add the ability to alphabetize pages within OneNote just like folders in Outlook. I love the app and use it daily. It keeps my brain from melting... thanks! :-) - JC

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please, fix the proofing language bug.

Onenote automatically uses the keyboard language. Very frustrating when editing or taking notes in a different language. It baffles me why this is not fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to group/ungroup items/drawing objects

Enable collections of objects to be grouped together to stop subsequent alterations to the note destroying existing relationships.

For instance after importing a picture and annotating it using draw tools. Enable the picture and the annotations to be grouped together as a single object so that subsequent upstream alterations to the note don't randomly move the content around destroying the relationship between the annotation and picture.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bring back ability to take voice-to-text notes

As a minimum you should be able to carry out control functions within MS Office using Cortana. eg open a new note and voice dictate into it.

Integrate OneNote Mobile app with Google Voice Assistant/Siri so the same functionality occurs via mobile devices.

The demand for voice command is only going to grow, MS risks being cut out of the loop if it continues to drop functionality, speaking as a confirmed OneNote user who is about to start using Google Voice and Keep

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sync error message

Improve sync error messages.

Error on OneNote 2016 says "can´t sync this notebook because you don´t have sufficient storage space in your onedrive account" but it turns out this was incorrect - the notebook was owned by someone else and shared with me, and it was the owner who had run out of space, not me! Very confusing and could be improved so I don´t spend hours on chat support wondering why it is telling me I have no space left when I have 150GB free!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Print selection

Hi
    In the latest one note edition, there is no feature of printing selected content within a page. The only print option is that of an entire page. Please enable the option to select and print required portion of a page in one note

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Read-only mode

Dear Microsoft,

Please add a feature in OneNote to where users can make a NoteBook, Section, Section Group and or Page Read-Only. It's easy to accidentally edit notes when copying them. I want to be able to lock my notes to prevent editing.

P.S. OneNote 2016 is the reason why I got a Microsoft 365
    subscription. Don't mess this up!.

Best regards

Christopher

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Paper size

Hi, recently I decided to start taking notes on my iPad. I was always a fan of Microsoft's apps so I wanted to use OneNote, but I just can not come over the fact, that there is no paper sizes. How am I supposed to print the pages. That is the only reason why i decided to use Notability instead even though i prefer OneNote features. Please fix this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Disable Snap to Grid on Windows 10

While drawings can be made anywhere, images and text boxes always snap to an invisible grid, making it impossible to create certain diagrams and layouts. I just learned that this issue can be circumvented by holding the Alt key while dragging an object. Please add a toggle in the settings to switch off the snapping feature entirely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Increase the subpage limit

Onenote is an amazing tool for notetaking. I would love to have more subpages available. I find myself constantly needing atleast 5 to break down topics. As I am learning, I like to save narrow down subjects to specifics. A higher limit in subpages would allow me to expand my capability in notetaking that would allow me to further excel in my research, along with me falling in deeper love with Onenote and microsoft!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. graph view for bidirectional links like Roam Research

It would be great to offer a mind-map graph view for bidirectional links like Roam Research

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mendeley integration

OneNote in my opinion is great for academia, but something crucial is missing: a Mendeley integration! A plugin like the one we can get for word would be already very useful, if one could click the reference and open it on mendeley would be even better.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Back up

I'd like to have the option to back up my one note to an external drive. I'm paranoid with losing things I have worked on, and I like to be able to have multiple sources of where I can back up. The OneDrive is great and all, but I'd also prefer to be able to save to a USB.
    I just want to BE EXTRA SURE I don't lose my grad school workbooks because I couldn't back it up to an external drive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. layout

Please give us our old layout, i hate this new layout, not at all efficiente, i'm thinking downgrading the office version our company gave to us, because i HATE this new layout without abiolity to customise/going back to old one....

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. make drawing ink color customizable

I think it would be great if OneNote gave us a color wheel to customize colors of our pen and highlighter ink (next to the other colors add a "more colors" button that leads to a color customizer)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fill shape with color, Pointer, Polygon tool

Hi, I am a maths teacher based in India and is using Onenote to teach in this Pandemic situation, Thank You microsoft!. Onenote is usually great however at times I find myself constrained with missing tools/features while taking classes.

Example:

1. I would like to have a "pointer" option, so it would be easy for students to understand/locate the things I am referring to on the screen

2. There is no "fill color" option, hence difficult for students to grasp concepts like Lines and angles, Triangles and circles.whereas in school board we would mostly highlight the shapes we are referring to and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Send Page via Outlook Email

OneNote 2016 allowed users to send a page via e-mail after it was created. This is absolutely critical for users that leverage OneNote to capture notes from meetings to send those notes out to all attendees (many of whom, especially leaders, do not use OneNote). Currently, when the "Share" button is clicked, and "Send a Copy" selected, only Twitter and Windows Mail show up as options for sending e-mail. For companies that require Outlook, this is unacceptable. We need the ability to do two things natively: track attendance (where did the checkboxes go?) and send pages via e-mail. Very frustrating…

662 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base