OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Fix OneNote Tabs - Put Back On Top

I HATE the layout of the tabs along the side for OneNote. PLEASE allow us to put the tabs back on TOP. Thousands have asked for this, yet the only response from MS is "we know better, so we changed it to what we like". BS. You changed it to what YOU like, not what your USERS like.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneNote Cloud Attachments in Sharepoint for Notebooks in MS Teams

Following on from the recent Cloud Attachments feature announcement (https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nzedu/2018/11/13/cloud-attachments-in-onenote-game-changer-for-educators/#comment-31845) which is fantastic news and is a great start towards integrating Microsoft's applications and cloud ecosystem more closely together.

The above announcement is fantastic for personal users or teachers where only 1 teacher needs to manage the files, if you have a team of users however this does not work well.

For OneNote documents that are saved in Microsoft Teams I'd like to see documents uploaded to the Teams SharePoint rather than individual team members personal OneDrive's, adding these documents to the Teams SharePoint enables the following:

•Allows…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Support for Onetastic (a third-party COM add-in) in OneNote Windows 10

Support for Onetastic (a third-party COM add-in) in OneNote Windows 10

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support local notebook storage. Many companies can't save sensative data in the cloud due to government contract legal requirements!

Support local notebook storage. Many companies can't save sensitive data in the cloud due to legal requirements imposed by government contracts, so this is not negotiable. Many IT departments also want physical control of backups. This would be so simple to add!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. OneNote layout and local storage

There are two major reasons for why I continue using OneNote 2016.

1. The layout with horizontal tabs across the top, makes it easier to find the right page. The new layout makes somewhat sense on small screens like mobiles, but in office I prefer the traditional one

2. It's crucial to have access to OneNote when I'm without internet connection. A local backup is a necessity

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. option to insert printout as background

It does not seem to be included in OneNote app. I need this option as it is included in 2016 - when you have 70+ page printouts and have to manually set them one by one...absolutely painful.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Insert Screen Clipping

Bring back Insert Screen Clipping in the Insert menu. Same functionality as Outlook 2016.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Outlook Tasks

Please can we have Outlook task intergration in the Windows 10 version in the same way that OneNote 2016 has!

437 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Disable Autocorrect

Add an option to disable Autocorrect entirely.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Selection Tabs on Top.

Please put the tabs back to the top or provide an option to do this. The side navigation is less useful and awkward.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Discovery Education Embedding in OneNote

Many curriculum companies such as Discovery Education and Amplify create techbooks that go far beyond static resources. Allow the embedding of specific investigations via an iframe or other mechanism to allow student to interact with a specific problem or simulation on a OneNote page with the note-taking and scratch work capabilities of class notebook would transform the learning experience. Kids in our district have asked for this loud and clear as they love OneNote to organize everything and take notes, but need to also interact with these techbook sites. Kids want to use this embedded and not split screen with…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Ink to Symbols

Just like ink to math but it makes a symbol :)

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to alphabetize tabs and pages.

Ability to alphabetize tabs and pages.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. page size

Have a function to show page limits to make printing notes / homework easier. Having to guess page size is annoying. Thank you.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the option to "Send to OneNote" using Onenote for Windows 10

Using OneNote 2016 there way an option to Send to OneNote within Outlook. After upgrading to OneNote for Windows 10 that option no longer exist. Can you please implement the Send to OneNote option within the OneNote for Windows 10 update?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "I hate Windows 10 OneNote!" -- and I'm hardly alone!

my idea is don't butcher a good thing.

We say it all right here -- and just recently I discovered that Windows 10 OneNote doesn't have OCR. What on Earth are you people doing?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_win10-mso_365hp/i-hate-windows-10-onenote/6f0d508d-7ff0-43e4-b1ed-f730fa78f41d?messageId=785b99d8-4fab-4a66-ba8c-686e14e04172&page=1

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Extend add meeting details functionality with tracking information (accepted/declined/tentative)

I would really like to see the "Add meeting details" functionality in OneNote to be extended to also include the information with regards to which attendees have accepted, tentatively accepted or declined the meeting request (or whoever has not responded to the meeting invitation). As the connection from OneNote to Outlook to fetch the meeting details is already there it should not be too complicated to add this bit right?

Right now I find myself switching from OneNote to Outlook to see the attendee status (accepted/declined/tentative/none) after inserting the meeting details in OneNote. This should just be available in OneNote…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Will you be adding page templates to the OneNote app in Windows 10?

Please, can you add page templates to the OneNote app in Windows 10?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. OneNote - Differentiating Multiple Accounts

In the Windows 10 version of OneNote I would like to see an additional column in the "Choose notebooks to open" screen that lets you know which account the notebook is from.

I appreciate the ability to be able to sign in to different OneNote accounts and view my Notebooks from Work and Home accounts, however as OneNote lists all the Notebooks it can find in one single list it is hard to know which account you are loading a Notebook from.

Please add a column indicating the account a OneNote Notebook is from.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Replay typed text word by word

It would be great, if you could increase the resolution of your "Replay feature", so that not only every sentence but every typed word becomes visible.

This would be a great tool for teachers to gain insight how exactly the students results came about.

Replaying typed text word by word would also be a great tool to identify plagiarism, since students tend to copy and paste whole sentences.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base