OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. OneNote for Windows 10 クライアント アプリにて作成したノートブックを既定で任意のフォルダー配下に保存する機能について

■Title(件名):
    OneNote for Windows 10 クライアント アプリにて作成したノートブックを既定で任意のフォルダー配下に保存する機能について

About the function to save the notebook created by the OneNote for Windows 10 client application under any folder by default

■Description(内容):
    OneNote for Windows 10 クライアント アプリにて Microsoft 365 アカウントを使用してサインインし、ノートブックを新規作成した場合、OneDrive for Business ライブラリの最上層にノートブックが作成されてしまいます。
    そのため OneDrive for Windows 10 クライアント アプリにて作成したノートブックを既定で任意のフォルダー配下に保存する機能の追加を希望します。

When I sign in with my Microsoft 365 account in the OneNote for Windows 10 client app and create a new notebook, the notebook is created at the top of the OneDrive for Business library.
    Therefore, I would like to add a function to save the notebook created by the OneDrive for…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Panning Hand tool

We really need the Panning Hand Tool. It would be great with a shortcut that activates the tool when holding Ctrl or another key.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A page shared accross multiple notebooks

Enable a page that can be placed in multiple notebooks and automatically syncs when amended.

When working on multiple projects, each of which have their own notebook, it would be great to be able to maintain a global "to-do" page that shows up and syncs in each notebook.

This would avoid having to create separate to-do pages in each notebook and would provide a much clearer picture of outstanding issues in each project.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Features missing including paper size

The infinite paper size being the only option forces me to keep using OneNote 2016 or a simple pdf editor instead of OneNote for Windows 10.
    No paper size system is perfect for all uses, so there a range of variations have been adopted for various situations and industries and you still decided not to put this feature on onenote for windows 10 which makes it useless for use
    Choosing a size is one of the most common future that is used on onenote
    HoweverIt is impossible to export anything from OneNote if I cannot tell where the page ends …

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Maintain formatting when copy/paste into Outlook

I like to write in OneNote and then copy/paste my note into an outlook email. When I do that, the formatting isn't maintained, ie. bullet points get all screwed up. Why can't it maintain that formatting? I get that there may be some types of formatting that won't translate, but there's no reason a simple bullet point shouldn't. To be clear, I've tried sharing links and sending a copy of the page and neither works well. Sharing link sends a link to every OneNote note I have, and sending a copy of the page doesn't actually work. I can't get…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Proofing language bug

There is a bug where OneNote always sets the proofing language the same as the system's, it ignores the default one. It is pretty annoying because you have to change the proofing language for each text box created in the document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sort pages within a TAB

It would be awesome to have the ability to sort pages inside a TAB alphabetically.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Presentation Mode

I would love to see OneNote be able to go into a mode for presentation.

As a pastor I write every sermon in OneNote. The problem however is that when I am preaching, I must be very careful in how I touch the screen, because I cannot lock the note and use it as just a closed note for presentation.

Instead, I must continually close the on screen keyboard because it thinks I want to add another point.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. layout

Why??? Why do you not at least give the option for section tabs to be across the top? I don't understand it. I do understand you think the way it is now is better, although you never explain why you think that. But why wouldn't you give the option? Why were old versions (which we all got used to) able to give the OPTION of using tabs horizontally across the top or on the side (or both), yet the new version has REMOVED the OPTION? If anything a new version should EXPAND options, not REMOVE options. We should have seen…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to Mention a Team Member with @Team Member

Have the ability to mention someone in your team who has access to the notebook, for example adding @Richard as a comment would send a notification to Richard, allowing him to quickly navigate to a notebook page and look at the issue. This feature is present in most other Microsoft apps, please include it in OneNote, it would be a game changer.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. layout

not easy to use the new layout, I use onenote for my presentations online or when presentating and I don't want my clients to see all my tabs. Also selecting the pens was much easier and what happend to the automatic conversion to the circle square etc...I'm always happy to change but here I don't see the benefit

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display PDFs like JPEGs

Display uploaded PDFs, just like JPEGS. As a student, I use my Rocketbook a lot to upload PDFs. When JPEGs are uploaded, OneNote automatically opens them to display and can be pinned to the background to write/draw on. However, the same can't be said for PDFs. PDFs are only shown as a file icon. It would be great if PDFs opened just like JPEGs do

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. you want to utilize OneNote in full-screen mode and use another program at the same time.

I want to utilize OneNote in full-screen mode and use another program at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Print area selection.

Please consider "Print area selection" - I'm thinking about something similar to "Snipping Tool" when print. also, ability to set paper size when export as PDF and multiple page arrangement..
    says, if I have a flowchart that is very long, I can just select portion of the flowchart to print, or select the whole chart and select paper size and sequencing of the pagination.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. autocorrect

PLEASE bring back autocorrect customization to OneNote for Windows 10 that we had in OneNote Office 16. I used autocorrect to input many symbols in my medical school notes to make things easier to read.

For example:
    "inc" autocorrected to ↑
    "neg" autocorrected to ⊖
    "primary" autocorrected to 1⁰
    "=>" autocorrected to ⇨

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mendeley integration

OneNote in my opinion is great for academia, but something crucial is missing: a Mendeley integration! A plugin like the one we can get for word would be already very useful, if one could click the reference and open it on mendeley would be even better.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add column(and row) alignment in tables

Please add the ability to distribute columns or rows evenly in table as in Word.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Paper size

PLEASE PLEASE bring back the option for paper size like the 2016 onenote. The infinite page size is extremely frustrating.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add “Justify Text”

Need to “Justify” the pages. Please add this option.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customizable Toolbar / Ribbon + Quick Access Toolbar

WTF is wrong with the OneNote team? Can they NOT get access to Common UI components like the Standard "Options" dialog? Why is there no Customizable Ribbon? No Quick Access Toolbar??

One Size fits all, is THAT what you think??

Pull your head out - ON for Win 10 is 10 steps backwards from 2014.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base