OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Changing the page creation date or time in OneNote for W10

Editing the page creation date and time shown directly under the page title is missing in OneNote for Windows UWA, but it is available in OneNote Desktop App. This feature is important if you want to have accurate date/time organisation with your OneNote pages !!

Please, include editing the page creation date and time shown directly under the page title in OneNote for Windows UWA.

259 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

76 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text recognition from images

Although UWP OneNote supports ink-to-text, image-to-text is exclusive to OneNote 2016. Hope the OCR feature can be brought back!

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to turn off autocorrect completely

I work in the software industry and there are a ton of words/acronyms that aren't considered "English words", however OneNote autocorrects them and it doesn't make any sense in the context that I need.

We were hoping to move to OneNote for our department as a collaboration tool, but until this is fixed we'll be staying put with Confluence.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Isometric paper overlay

If you add a few isometric papers overlays it will be greatly beneficial to doing rough sketches in onenote before bringing them to solidworks, or when writing out 3D problems in class (Mechanical Engineering/Architecture).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ocr 365

Return OCR feature to OneNote 365. Used to be able to "copy text from image" one OneNote, no longer available on 365. Why would you ever REMOVE such a useful feature?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. COPY a OneNote for Windows 10 Page

I want to COPY a OneNote page or section, so that I can send it to a SharePoint site (that I don't own), or attach it in an email.

This would allow us to take notes on the desktop OneNote and then post a copy to a SharePoint Doclib if/when we're ready to post to a shared repository.

We've been using OneNote as our primary documentation tool. It could be any of 100 different SharePoint sites within my company, so I'm not going to "log in on my desktop" to all of those. They're not owned by me, but I…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Advanced autocorrect options

The inability to change autocorrect options is a nightmare for basically everyone I can think of, as seen by the number of suggestions already posted here. I'm taking notes on equations for Density Functional Theory and can't write out a portion of the functional because (R) automatically changes to the registered trademark symbol. As far as I can tell, there is no possible way to change this with the current update.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Right Click option "New Section Group" when on existing section group

When we right click on an existing section group - there should also be an option to create a section group (= below the parent section group)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. FIX THE BLURRY TEXT IN ONENOTE UPDATE

I had to download a new Microsoft Office and now my Onenote flicks back and forth between having clear text and having fuzzy, poorly rendered text. It is awful to look and and makes the app so difficult to use.This has been very frustrating and I cannot find a way to fix it.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Intellij - copy paste code to Onenote lost spaces with formatting in Intellig IDEA

Intellij - copy paste code to Onenote lost spaces with formatting in Intellig IDEA

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Incorporate To-Do

I want to be able to create lists and arrange them and prioritize the actions with a drag and drop capability. It would be nice to see if Microsoft could incorporate it's To-Do app into OneNote or build a similar functionality natively into OneNote. Priorities change constantly and giving the user the ability to arrange items on a list with drag and drop rather than cut and paste would be so much more helpful.

378 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notebooks Backup

There is no way to back up notebooks to a hard drive. No protection of work. We should be able to to backup to a hard drive or other cloud storage. We can create a Word file, and send it to onedrive then download it to the desktop, copy it, and store it elsewhere. I can do that with all Microsoft apps except onenote. Is this an oversight or intentional? Example: Evernote exports all notebooks and files into one enex file. That can be copied, and you can reconstruct the entire database. I have over 4000 pages of clips in…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. find and replace

You can't possibly be serious??? How can you not have a replace text function in OneNote??? This is crazy!!!

Please add this function ASAP

472 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "I hate Windows 10 OneNote!" -- and I'm hardly alone!

my idea is don't butcher a good thing.

We say it all right here -- and just recently I discovered that Windows 10 OneNote doesn't have OCR. What on Earth are you people doing?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_win10-mso_365hp/i-hate-windows-10-onenote/6f0d508d-7ff0-43e4-b1ed-f730fa78f41d?messageId=785b99d8-4fab-4a66-ba8c-686e14e04172&page=1

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Password Protected Notes Lock time adjustment

Within the Windows 10 Store version of OneNote: Password protected sections lock after a few minutes. It would be useful to be able to adjust this lockout timer since some people enjoy the protection but constantly inputting the password throughout the day when a note is used as a reference instead of actively editing it can be repetitive since the timeout is so short.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Line spacing

In OneNote 2016, there is a paragraph spacing option which is not available in the newer version of OneNote. Can we please have this integrated into the newer version of OneNote because as pick as it may sound, I like having my whole notes page with the same spacing all the way down. I can adjust the spacing in 2016 but not the newest version.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Record Video Like You Can in OneNote 2016!!

I would like the video recording feature to be returned! I need to be able to continue recording videos into my OneNote. Not linking---recording directly from OneNote.

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. OneNote Windows 10 and Mac - Send multiple emails via Outlook add-in

Add ability to send multiple emails from Outlook to OneNote for Windows 10 and Mac using the Send to OneNote add-in. This is available in the OneNote 2016 Outlook 2016 add-in.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Send to OneNote" from Outlook with search box

It's great to see "Send to OneNote" from Outlook now supports the Windows 10 app, but we miss the search box to help you quickly find the section you want to put it in, like was in OneNote 2016.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base