OneNote for Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Need real PDF editing/reading in OneNote Win10/2016

OneNote (both for Win10 and 2016) need to include a real PDF reader/editor. Why are we stuck in the 90's still? Importing a PDF as an image is lazy and dumb for any serious user wanting to use OneNote as a solution in business and research. Example features missing: a) unable to select actual text in a PDF in OneNote, though you can search for text successfully? My god, why this huge gap in functionality? Please make OneNote a genuine PDF processor, reader, editor. Otherwise, it's not for serious business or academia.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paper size

Paper size please

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Auto-Scroll (aka Middle Click)

On just about every other program I have ever used, the middle mouse click allows enable auto-scroll. This allows one to scroll though a document by simply moving the mouse and not clicking anything or holding down any buttons. It is also pretty much the only way to scroll through documents with a trackball mouse. I and the 20 other trackball mouse users in the world would greatly appreciate this feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Paper size

Hi, recently I decided to start taking notes on my iPad. I was always a fan of Microsoft's apps so I wanted to use OneNote, but I just can not come over the fact, that there is no paper sizes. How am I supposed to print the pages. That is the only reason why i decided to use Notability instead even though i prefer OneNote features. Please fix this.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adjustable Table Column Width not able to make as small as I want

Please allow for table column widths to go smaller than what is currently limited to. I am wasting space because I cant reduce the width beyond a set point. I have a column that has a single digit number in every row but I cannot make it less than 6 characters long at size 11 font.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Panning Hand tool

We really need the Panning Hand Tool. It would be great with a shortcut that activates the tool when holding Ctrl or another key.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Print area selection.

Please consider "Print area selection" - I'm thinking about something similar to "Snipping Tool" when print. also, ability to set paper size when export as PDF and multiple page arrangement..
    says, if I have a flowchart that is very long, I can just select portion of the flowchart to print, or select the whole chart and select paper size and sequencing of the pagination.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Proofing language bug

There is a bug where OneNote always sets the proofing language the same as the system's, it ignores the default one. It is pretty annoying because you have to change the proofing language for each text box created in the document.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Get rid of your ********* "some connected experiences aren't available." Maybe I don't want you intruding on my data? Yes, I want privacy!!

Get rid of your ********* "some connected experiences aren't available." Maybe I don't want you intruding on my data? Yes, I want privacy!!

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better Dark mode support

Love the Dark mode. It is much easier on the eyes, and makes the use of pencil colors much more rewarding as they pop out more.

The drawback is that when storing to pdf it changes to white mode again, and all your bright colors become washed in white.

There should be an option to export from dark mode to dark pages. So WYSIWYG when exporting from dark mode. Or even some kind of color inverse option for those rare cases where you actually need the white background (for printing on paper).

A color inverse option when importing images would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update OneNote UWP to use Webview2

Since we installed Chromium-based Edge, HTML embeds in OneNote (UWP app) no longer share the session with Edge since it's using Webview. Updating to Webview2 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/ would fix this

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Maintain formatting when copy/paste into Outlook

I like to write in OneNote and then copy/paste my note into an outlook email. When I do that, the formatting isn't maintained, ie. bullet points get all screwed up. Why can't it maintain that formatting? I get that there may be some types of formatting that won't translate, but there's no reason a simple bullet point shouldn't. To be clear, I've tried sharing links and sending a copy of the page and neither works well. Sharing link sends a link to every OneNote note I have, and sending a copy of the page doesn't actually work. I can't get…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Kindly please assist to bring back Copy Link Paragraph function in OneNote Web

OneNote Web do not have this function of Copy Link Paragraph it is very useful and urgently needed. As this function available on the OneNote application and while users shares the notebook in SharePoint or MS Teams the team members is not able to click on this link/function.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notes including sticky notes should have audio recording

Notes including sticky notes should have audio recording

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mirror content on different OneNote pages

It would be awesome to mirror content from one page to others. Example: In section A page X I created a table. And I need the exact same table in Section B on page Y. Currently I would have to update the tables manualy on each page. I would love to have a automatic synchronization. Can't be to hard to implement, but a awesome feature

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. layout

I want the tabs back on top!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mendeley integration

OneNote in my opinion is great for academia, but something crucial is missing: a Mendeley integration! A plugin like the one we can get for word would be already very useful, if one could click the reference and open it on mendeley would be even better.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. FIX Korean typing in OneNote

I am a senior university student and use OneNote daily. My major is Korean, and if you do a search for "Korean" you will find that the issue of trying to type in Korean in OneNote has been a SERIOUS issue since the upgrade from the 2016 version of the program. Letters will be omitted mid-typing and Microsoft's support page could do nothing to help and redirected me here. I used Steps Recorder to hopefully help your team figure out this problem.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjgpFnpeEzGggeoN-zBvyL-9xFsW_Q?e=l1VN5b

PLEASE address this basic functionality. Not supporting a language in a Microsoft program is embarrassing, and this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. notion like database and a mindmap also

database were i can manage tasks in table, board and list view. A mind map is also needed for better note taking in class

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base