OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Add more/all formatting features in TABLES in OneNote

I've noticed that Microsoft Office 365 OneNote has more formatting options for EQUATIONS than TABLES. I can't find the merging option for multiple cells in the table and it's lacking more than you can in other Microsoft Office apps.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ability to remove "connected experiences" notification in onenote

In onenote, when "connected experiences" is disabled, a notification bar shows up at top of every page:
    "Microsoft online services aren't available. CHeck your privacy settings, or click here to learn more"

THere is no option to close this notification, and it constantly occupies the screen. In addition an accidental click causes browser to open.
    There are several users who do not use "connected experience" by choice. Why don't you allow your users to disable this notification?
    It is as simple as adding a "x" on the bar. Thanks,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Page sorting options

Newest onenote pages should be on top of the list, not bottom, for quick access to more recent content. Or at least add a page sorting feature.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. layout

I want the tabs back on top!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make OneNote capable of generating a table of contents with links

Make OneNote capable of generating a table of contents with links to the individual pages. I would like to be able to generate a table of contents (alphabetically sorted) of the pages in a notebook on a single page. I would also like this same functionality for a top level page (a page with nested pages under it) for the nested pages.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. layout

not easy to use the new layout, I use onenote for my presentations online or when presentating and I don't want my clients to see all my tabs. Also selecting the pens was much easier and what happend to the automatic conversion to the circle square etc...I'm always happy to change but here I don't see the benefit

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. layout

Please bring back or give us the option to change layout to the old version (sections on top and pages on left side). I really liked that and it just made more sense. I stopped using MS Note because of this. It's just too confusing and not visually appealing now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. copy section group

I can't believe the team said this was "solved". Like other users, I have a template section group (for each case I'm assigned) and would like to make a COPY (NOT LINK TO, C-O-P-Y) of the Section Group to each new case as I am assigned it, so I can modify it for each case.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Send recorded actions (ToDo tags) to Automate (Flow) or Zappier

We use OneNote for all our meetings (interanlly and with clients) and take actions (ToDo tags) from OneNote and copy them to our workflow app (Liquid Planner in this case). It would be SO helpful and save a lot of time, confusion, and errors if, after a meeting is done, we could trigger a "move ToDo's to X" action which would fire off the todo's to Automate (Flow) where we could create and assign tasks in Liquid Planner (or ToDo / Planner / iPhone reminders / etc...)

Even if there needed to be a prescribed format (name, action, due date)…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Justify option

Please, put an option to justify text, it's particularly important for me. Thanks, ^^.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automatically update pdf printout

Automatically update pdf printout, when pdf file is updated

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make all functions available in OneNote for windows 10

Sick of App hopping. Please add full functionality to app for windows 10

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please let us set reminders right inside One Note.

Others have posted this as well, just adding to the idea. It makes no sense not being able to set reminders, but yet we can create checklists and everything else. OneNote is the best, so lets please keep it that way.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow OneNote for Windows 10 to convert non-PDF files into PDF formats for more convenience when inserting printouts

My OneNote for Windows 10 cannot insert printouts for non-pdf files, but my other OneNote (that comes with office 365) can convert non-pdf files into PDFs :( Microsoft please do something about this!! It would be more convenient if OneNote for Windows 10 can convert non-PDF files into printouts so that I won't have to make multiple copies of the same file in different versions (":

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Favorite language

Since auto detection of language isn't available in OneNote and I write in different languages all the time and changing keyboard language is an unacceptable solution, I need an improvement in how one changes languages. The list of languages is WAAAY too long and finding ones preferred language is annoyingly time consuming. Please add a possibility to choose a few favorite languages that always appear at the top of the list so one can immediately find the language one needs!

Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Grouping objects permenantly

Please add the ability to group objects, such as pen strokes and images, permenantly. This ability would make reorganizing a page much easier since using the lasso tool multiple times is very frustrating.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. shortcut

Add shortcuts to pens/highlighters/eraser. That way I can reprogram my buttons on my drawing tablet to select/switch pens/highlighters/eraser

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Custom Styles

Please allow us to create custom styles. In OneNote 2016 we could set a default font and color... now we can only do font and size. I like to type in red to make it easier to see. very disappointing. can you please allow us to create this custom style or set default settings including color

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Characters are partially removed automatically

Hundreds of Korean users experience characters removed automatically when using latest OneNote. This problem has happened since 2018. Janet H. J Park in Microsoft Agent is only giving unhelpful response with macro reply - recommended to post here to get help.

When user types quickly on OneNote the part of characters are gone:
    안녕 --> ㅏㄴ녕 (ㅇ is gone)
    원노트 -->노트 (원 is gone)

https://answers.microsoft.com/ko-kr/msoffice/forum/all/%EC%9B%90%EB%85%B8%ED%8A%B8-%ED%95%9C%EA%B8%80/0eb8708b-d200-4dd8-9410-2de631948299?auth=1&page=1

I have no idea why I need to keep using latest version of OneNote, many users already abandoned and moved to OneNote 2016.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Proofing language bug

There is a bug where OneNote always sets the proofing language the same as the system's, it ignores the default one. It is pretty annoying because you have to change the proofing language for each text box created in the document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base