OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Search doese not works anymore in last version

In last versione Of OneNote W10 (Versione 16001.12730.20026.0) the full text search does not works, no partial strings.
    Please take note that Android version and OneNote 2016 work fine as expected.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change default heading styles

I would like to be able to change the default heading styles, like in Word where you can "match heading style to selected text".

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Insert option to merge table cells in the onenote.

Insert option to merge table cells in the onenote.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Reminders

Please implement reminders. They would help make OneNote a complete solution so I don't have to use another application to keep track of the notes I take in OneNote

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Custom Styles

Please allow us to create custom styles. In OneNote 2016 we could set a default font and color... now we can only do font and size. I like to type in red to make it easier to see. very disappointing. can you please allow us to create this custom style or set default settings including color

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make OneNote capable of generating a table of contents with links

Make OneNote capable of generating a table of contents with links to the individual pages. I would like to be able to generate a table of contents (alphabetically sorted) of the pages in a notebook on a single page. I would also like this same functionality for a top level page (a page with nested pages under it) for the nested pages.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Paper size

PLEASE make an option to change the infinite canvas to an A4 paper size. I don't see why this was an option in One Note 2016 but not in the current version. This loss of functionality is extremely inconvenient.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring Back Insert long printouts on multiple pages

Multi page PDFs need the option to be inserted as separate pages in the section like in OneNote 2016

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add option to "Lock password protected sections after I have not worked in them for the following amount of time".

OneNote 2016 has the advanced option "Lock password protected sections after I have not worked in them for the following amount of time". Such an option does not seem to exist in OneNote for Windows 10. The features of OneNote for Windows 10 have improved a lot over the past year or so, but having to reenter the password after only 5 or 10 minutes of inactivity is annoying and is the one thing keeping me from switching from OneNote 2016. Please add this feature to OneNote for Windows 10.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The ability to Mention a Team Member with @Team Member

Have the ability to mention someone in your team who has access to the notebook, for example adding @Richard as a comment would send a notification to Richard, allowing him to quickly navigate to a notebook page and look at the issue. This feature is present in most other Microsoft apps, please include it in OneNote, it would be a game changer.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Individualized permission setting for sections/pages

This is NOT about sharing single pages or sections of a notebook.

My company requires the ability to set some pages/sections of a notebook to view-only, while others need to retain full edit access.

This is similar to setting permissions for individual folders within a server. Umbrella permission for the notebook, but the ability to restrict certain sections from being altered.

It is necessary because templates that are shared can currently be altered by anyone who the notebook is shared with. This is the case for attachments as well, like email header/footers and excel files.

Please provide this capability.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Immersive Reader should continue reading aloud when changing focus to another window.

Immersive Reader stops reading aloud when changing the focus to another window, which makes the feature almost useless.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need paper size options!

The infinite paper size being the only option forces me to keep using OneNote 2016 or a simple pdf editor instead of OneNote for Windows 10. It is impossible to export anything from OneNote if I cannot tell where the page ends--it always will format horribly.

1,034 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Regarding OneNote for Windows10

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneNote for Windows10 について
    Regarding OneNote for Windows10

■Description(内容):
    OneNoteのWindows10のためにて、OneDriveビジネスやOneDriveとデーターが同期されていない際などに、PC端末上にデーターを保存できるよう、コピーや移動ができるような機能の拡充を希望しますため。​
    We hope that a copy or move feature can be provided for OneNote for Windows10, so data can be saved on the PC device when data fails to sync with OneDrive for Business and OneDrive.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better drawing and shappes tools

Why not bring the tools for drawing shapes, already built-in in Power Point to OneNote?
    As far as like OneNote for teaching, it is very limited when i need regular shapes and precision drawing.
    i.e. In Power point i can draw vectors and specify its size and direction by setup size and rotation in its properties (with precision numbers), but in OneNote, an arrow its just an arrow without any specific configurations.
    i.e. In Power point, a single line can be shapped in many configurations, that for technical data, can make all the difference.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Templates in UWP

If you're going to remove OneNote from Office 2019 and recommend people use the less full featured OneNote UWP app...you need to add pageTemplates from OneNote 2016/365 to the UWP app.

All functionality for Page Templates,
    Creating a template
    Saving a template
    Using a Template as default for a note section

1,549 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set a Reminder on OneNote

Hello,

please let us set a reminder on one note directly not through the outlook. thank you!

Blessings

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support local notebook storage. Many companies can't save sensative data in the cloud due to government contract legal requirements!

Support local notebook storage. Many companies can't save sensitive data in the cloud due to legal requirements imposed by government contracts, so this is not negotiable. Many IT departments also want physical control of backups. This would be so simple to add!

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it possible to set default saving location in OneNote windows 10

In OneNote 2016 we had the option of choosing the default saving and backup locations. This feature disappeared in OneNote Windows 10. No the default is in ONeDrive and we have no possibility to change it. Can we please add it back

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow for the automatic sorting of Pages and/or Sections (Alphabetically, Date, etc).

Allow for the automatic sorting of Pages and/or Sections (Alphabetically, Date, etc).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base