OneNote for Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. View and Edit Note Container or similar in different places

Id like to have Text Container or something like, to which i can refer in another page or even section.
    For example: I made a list of open points for different porjects and i wanna view/edit the list within different pages. Id like to add this container in different places and see the list not just link the container and switsch the page when clicking.
    Hopefully its understandable, otherwise please advise me how to make it more clear.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UWP OneNote equation crash

When editing an equation, attempting to insert a new line into the same equation with shift + enter causes the program to close.

This makes it hard to edit an equation in a single bullet point or numbering level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Icons and online/desktop???

I really dont get it - I just created a number of new notebooks in the same directory of One-Drive business (of course there are TWO one drives!).
    Some of them have been created with the OneNote icon on my desktop and open in desktop ONe Note, while inexplicably, others simply have an intenet shortcut icon and open up in One Note online. When I look at one drive online - each of them have the One Note, but not when I look at them on my synced Onedrive. WTF?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show memory size

It would be very helpful if I could see the memory size of a OneNote document. Both on the PC, mobile devices, as well on the Web.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create a Set (universal) default pen thickness and universal page format (and ask if "set" default is wanted when add button clicked).

At this time I can't set pen thickness, the thinnest that OneNote offers is too thick. I'd like to set this as a default so anytime I open OneNote it automatically is part of my pen pallet.

My notebooks are separated by subjects and then further into sections (Lecture notes, Reading Notes, Textbook problems, Exam practice). Each section is further separated by date of lecture or Chapter (for reading notes and separately textbook questions). Every time I click add create a new section I must then also click on view, paper size and select letter. I would like to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. To-do checkbox for "waiting on"

Check box for to-do list is great with empty box or checked box for a completed item. What about a third mode for "waiting on"? For example, my to-do was to call John. I called and left a message. My task is not complete but there is nothing I can do. I am waiting on John.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow ability to send email to append to page

When emailing to me@outlook.com to a specific Section/Page it would be nice to append to that page instead of creating a new page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When using Office Lens to capture an image on mobile, I see red X instead of image on OneNote 2016

It shows up in OneNote online, but not the Windows app or full OneNote 2016 program

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. My Windows 640 Lumia Phone won't show pictures or PDF's in OneNote.

I'm showing a red X instead of pictures on my Window 10 phone OneNote.

I use OneNote on my Windows 10 computer with office 2010 and everything is fine. I use OneNote Clipper in Edge and they show up on my phone. But when I print and send to OneNote the image is a gray mountain and a red x. I also had several PDF's that I was able to see on my phone OneNote pages that have disappeared since the OneNote update 11/26/2017 of Version 17.8730.20742.0

My wife's Windows 10 phone is having the same problem as mine and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. updated email validation for sharing

Over 300 new Top-level domain names were introduced in 2015, but my email is still considered invalid. IMO this is a critical bug preventing sharing, and therefor ending usefulness. Update email validation rules immediately, urgent priority esp. for future users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Skinning the Ribbon for more customization, more options to affect the bckgrnd color...

I think it would be such a huge thing, especially with MS's shift in trying to get us design pros on board, to allow "skinning" of the Ribbon in a similar way you have the Calligraphy and other options at the very top which are a nice touch but barely noticeable; Creative folks LOVE to have a stimulating customizable ability to inspire and spark ideas and something as simple as looking through a handful of colors and patterns while you write up an email or sending design updates/notes can really be surprisingly helpful, even if on a subconscious level -…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. At work, when I copy and paste an object into my Windows 7 OneNote 2013 notebook, the object automatically does not overlap other objects.

At work, when I copy and paste an object into my Windows 7 OneNote 2013 notebook, the object automatically does not overlap other objects. In other words, the object automatically places the text/object insertion cursor beyond the boundary of any other object in a predictable manner. At home, when I copy and paste an object into my Windows 10 OneNote 2013 notebook, the pasted object simply overlaps any other objects that may already exist under the pasted object in the object space. How can I set up my Windows 10 OneNote 2013 notebook at home so that it "auto arranges"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. anyone think we should make a onenote 2018

we need a more updated onenote 2018

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Missing Funcitonality In Desktop Version

While browsing the Windows Store, I noticed that the UWP/Modern/app version of OneNote has more features than the desktop version. As an Office 365 subscriber and a user of the desktop program, I find it counterintuitive and rather off-putting that the free app has more functionality than the paid desktop version (especially since I prefer the interface of the desktop version, which is consistent with the rest of Office).
    Some features missing in the desktop version include mathematics solving and graphing and the corrections feature for drawings (e.g. making a hand-drawn box or circle into a perfect shape, etc.).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve screen capture destination from main Win 10 screen One Note icon.

The right click "take screen clipping" places the clip on whichever OneNote page was last open. At a minimum it should open a new page in the active tab. It would be really nice if there was a hard wired "clippings" tab destination. Clips could then be moved to the desired tab/notebook

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show change process in OneNote for Office

In OneNote 2016 there is a tab to show the change process of every page. It would be nice if this is possible in OneNote for Office.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Password Protection Doesn't Work Properly.

My Password Protected pages ARE protected on the Desktop and Online versions.
    However, they are UNprotected on the Windows10 app!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base