OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. ability display seratch results by pics in spite of text

So that i can visually make my selection

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow original and printout to be inserted at the same time. Juat as a 'both' to the selection dialog.

Allow original and printout to be inserted at the same time. Simple to implement- just add a 'both' option to the current selection dialog.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. up grading it more

by upgrading it of course

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Embed / sync web pages

I would like for example to embed entityexplore pages from Bing in spite of having a link to them for my geography companies or people info repositories

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. come back to surface pro 1 pen

COME BACK TO SURFACE PRO 1 PEN PLEEEEAAASE! super light, no battery needed, no crazy ink stuff, and always always worked! What could you do better? Why have you done worst?!??! Surface pro 3 pen needs a new battery every 3 months, just stop working every once in a while (take out the battery, put it back, fun, fun, fun!), does some crazy shaky ink every once in a while (more often under sunlight), that new pen is just trouble! Every time I go back to my old surface, I'm missing the good old days (yeah its still working, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Kill the desktop version and focus on UWP version only

The UWP/Modern version is getting better and better. It has still some missing functions but please, kill the desktop version finally and just focus on one version! Don't keep alive two parallel versions. Just focus on the modern version, polish it, keep it clean and light. It is already good enough so you can kill the desktop version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I use

I use OneNote for organizing Outlook emails and some emails have the date sent missing or wrong for various reasons. If dates are missing or wrong, OneNote sorts by email sent date do not work properly to provide date ordered email listings . If the time is not correct, OneNote facilitates user adjustment of time sent by providing easy to use clock face based time adjustment tool beside the time display box. Users need the same function for the date box beside the time box so that we have a calendar adjustment tool to facilitate changing the date sent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. allow phone audio recording for longer than one minute

the Windows Phone client still can't record unlimited audio the way Windows Mobile could and iPhone client can. Please add this for the business users who are still supported on Windows Phone for another 2 years+

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Import pen textures

It would be great to have the ability to import our own textures from our own file. In the same way that one note has the rainbow and galaxy textures.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. My laptop with Windows 10 and Office 365 quit printing to OneNote 16. Need a tool to fix it. It had worked for months previously.

I've printed from browser to OneNote 16 for months but it quit working. I worked with about 6 MS techs for several hours and it still doesn't work. I didn't do anything to stop it that I know of but no one seems to know why it does not work anymore. I need OneNote to work so I can avoid printed copies and organize my financial and personal documents. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 원노트에 '기호'삽입이나 기호 자동고침 기능을 넣어주세요.

예를 들어 MS 워드나 데스크탑용 원노트는 -> 를 누를 경우 자동으로 화살표가 뜨도록 하는 기능이 있는데 원노트앱에는 있지 않아서 불편합니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There are too many gliches

it frizzes wile sending a file in it has problem synchronizing always i uninstalled reinstalled bought 1TB of cloud service and even more but this program it continuously freezes dose not synchronize to many simple problem that should have been fixed by now i have surface book the most expensive pc for Microsoft and I'm am getting most expensive service for office 365 witch is also Microsoft this is a too big of a problem to my opinion you need to fix this! i also installed the 64bit 34bit version still the same problem it also has a big problem…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Identity Manager

I use Office 365 for personal, work and volunteer work. It would be very helpful if there was a way to switch easier between identies or if there was something to allow one person with multiple identies to easier access onenote from one identity and then put items in another one. Presently it often confuses my computer and devices when I need to switch and haven't logged in and out of the program repeatedly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. workpapers

I am using OneNote to compile workapers for accounting purposes.

1. There is a button to save a page as a custom template. What about a button to save a SECTION as a custom template? I know you can copy a section, but its still tedious to blank out all the contents of each page.

2. When you export out to pdf, is there a way to set-up within OneNote where the PDF export will contain bookmarks for each page title?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. video

Allow Video recording directly into onenote ios. Currently one has to record video outside of onenote, and then insert it from within one note. Please allow it to be recorded directly, just like one can do with photos.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Syncing a notebook with drawings and inkings causes things to mess up a lot

When I draw something in my android onenote and then edit it in my windows 10 tablet, the mistakes that I fix get resynchronized again and again....it is really frustrating, please fix your sync system

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. OneNote Template: Book Journal

Ex Libris - A Book Journal you can keep track of your literary life—past, present, and future (favorite books by genre, authors to explore (favorite reading spots, books to skip, etc)
    See also: https://www.amazon.de/Moleskine-Passion-Journal-Hardcover-Prägung-schwarz/dp/8862933193

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base