OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. when i have more than 10 section

when i have more then 10 lectures (e.i 1-10) (left to right) for me to be able to see the last lectures from left to right ( e.i lecture 10-1). when i right click and lecture back to front

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export currently selected OneNote text container only, and as RTF.

This would allow collaboration within OneNote after final publishing work has begun, and keep pages around document content "messy" and organic, while still being able to export the main text body to - for example - InDesign, GitHub, whatever tool used to automatically update placed contents. Maybe even have persistent export links?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MAKE STUFF SPIN PLEASE

I WANNA SPIN SHAPES PLEASE

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. video or voice recoder that also writes what it here or see's down in notes for you

a voice recorder that writes down everything the instructor or teacher says turning them into notes. because sometimes its easier to see what the person said than hear it and it can label it as it does it can case more than one person is talking at the same time so you know when the teacher is talking or a classmate. the same could be done with a video recorder it writes the notes done that it see's and can tell when it already wrote something down so that it doesn't accidentally write the same things over and over and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have an option to turn off Alt Text images

Every time I insert a hyperlink, I get an image, usually not relevant to the link, shortly thereafter. Annoying to say the least and I have to remove the image. Can there be an option to turn this feature off for those of us who care not to use it? Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When Notebook is on the cloud

Need some sort of size scale or a way to show the total amount of cloud storage per notebook and how much has been used.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There does not seem to be any support articles dealing with the exportation of full class notebooks to both pdf and onepkg formats.

I cannot export full class notebooks in onepkg nor pdf file formats. I get a variety of error messages when I attempt doing so for the teacher AND for the student(s).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be better if there is password option if the user accidentally clicks on delete so that it won't get deleted by itlself.

It would be better if there is password option in ONENOTE such that if the user accidentally clicks on delete it should not get deleted by itself unless we enter the password. Last week my ONENOTE was frozen and it deleted my notes all by itself and even though I saw it in ONENOTE recycle bin it failed to open as it shows loading the page and it won't even allow me to restore by right clicking on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix password protection exploit

So I've been using OneNote as a diary, until recently I've found an unsettling matter.

It seems that all it takes to bypass the password "protection" of sections is to do the following:
    1. Create a new notebook.
    2. Export an existing section (password "protected") into the new notebook.
    3. Open the exported section.

Even though I really like the ease of use OneNote supports, I don't think I'll be using OneNote as my Diary application until it'll be fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. List of hyperlinks to sections and pages

Ability to access a list of hyperlinks to sections and pages - my use case would be query a to SharePoint list for use in Excel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop the multiplication of Notebooks

I continually find myself with multiple notebooks with the same name in different areas of my desktop, some syncing some not.
    It is impossible to work out what notebook to open, unless you look at its properties to see where it is syncing to. Even if you delete a notebook, it seems to come back in various dropdown menus such as in teams and teh multiplication starts all over again.
    One Note becomes 100 Notes. IT is ridiculous.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. red x instead of prints

Onenote for phone needs fixing since Dec 2017 upgrade prints show as grey mountain with a red x everything fine on all other devices. I NEED this for travel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. image scale similar to android

Microsoft releases an option in Android in 2017, where I can open with the image app. This option allows me on my phone to zoom and do not need a big image. It will be possible to the same for windows 10. The idea is to compress the image to small size but can be open in Photos for zooming. If people want to edited well they can still use the original scale.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pinch Zoom 500% in OneNote

Please make this the same as when you type it in. At the moment it is only 300% which makes it useless for using as a tablet with drawings for surveys which is the whole reason for buying the machine

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to click on pic at the end of each page title in lists to directly open its link

Ability to add an URI link to the pic used in title lines in list and that in spite of opening the page to launch the URI then you can do it directly from the list pressing on the pic too. That way u can launch a web site, send a mail or phone depending of your use ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. categorize

Can the tasks created in OneNote be categorized automatically? When viewing task in Outlook the OneNote tasks are not grouped or have an index to sort by.
    It would be nice if they were labelled per e.g. Notebook name, subfolder or similar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Give user control over automatic font resizing

Lists automatically reduce the font size; this can be very annoying. Please give the user control over this "feature". On/Off would be a good choice. Or +-n; n=0 means the same as Off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base