OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Allow the OneNote app to export to a package file (like the desktop version can)!!

Allow the OneNote app to export to a package file (like the desktop version can)!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make OneNote twist tornado sytle from upper right side of screen, (S)isappearing to lower side of left screen upon closing ♥❤Microsoft❤♥

Make OneNote twist-crumble tornado style from upper right side of screen, disappearing to lower side of left screen upon closing ♥❤Microsoft❤♥

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. onenote mobile search needs to improve

This applies to the Mobile version - When I do a search for a keyword embedded inside the body of a note say a long article, then all I get is a hit on the note/page in which the search keyword is located - there is no feature that highlights where that keyword in that note or page is.
    Nor is there an option to do a Find within the note or page.
    Compare this to evernote mobile for the same feature that both (a) highlights the search term in the page and (b) has the specific feature to search…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Locate current section in tree

Please allow a function of ‘locate current workbook in tree’ or something similar to what you can do in visual studio when you’re working on a class. At the moment if I search for a notebook and select the result, I jump into that notebook but the tree doesn’t change so you totally lose the context of where you are.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I wish there were preset templates for doctors also according to specialities like ophthalmologist etc

I wish there were preset templates For medical records

Also one note online learning videos from Microsoft

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Insert Printouts into two column table with each page in its own row in the first column

This would allow notes for a page to be put in the second column and would move subsequent pages down when the notes exceed page length

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. delete a tab or pages from multiple student notebooks

I know you can recall a distributed page but can't go back later get it back. I want to be able to fix mistakes when I realize I've disorganized or distributed something I've changed my mind about.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Carousel view of Pages and Sections, like "Task View" in Windows 10.

Similar to the "Task View" setting on the Windows 10 task bar that lets me see what I have open on my desktop, I would like to be able to flick or scroll through the top of each page in a section.

I want to quickly see what the content is, without having to click on each page, one at a time.

I have many notebooks, with many sections and pages, and I am always clipping things into my Quick Notes section in my base notebook, that I then have to find and move to the right Notebook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It should be possible to easily make multi-level lists

I have been using Microsoft Word for quite a while and what I like a lot in that application is that you can make multi-level lists.
    It is possible in OneNote but it's not very easy, compared to Word where you can press one option.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Open a section WITHOUT going into it's first file

It would be wonderful if i clicked on the sections without going into the first file in the section; it's super annoying. I would like to open a section to a list of what is in my section that i can click on to open.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add "Legacy" View, baking-in OneNote XX desktop version

to the universal Windows App. Then add a choice to default to the universal app UI when switching to tablet mode for Surface/2in1 machines.
    Can you do any less? What a brave corporate logo!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create an audit trail for embedded files

As O365 enterprise users we'd like to be able to audit file embedding in OneNote. This audit should be able to answer questions such as 1) which user and OneNote client initiated file embedding, 2) the metadata of the file embedded, 3) how many times on which clients by which users the file has been opened or saved, and 4) embedded file copies and deletions.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to be able to distribute to class notebook Contents section as well as their pages

Its helpful to have pages in a couple of different places especially if the syncing doesn't work! And sometimes it doesn't! Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. leverage pen support to truly differentiate note-taking

right now pen is supported in one note more or less for 'drawing' and for 'note-taking', but this has not been explored very far.
    digital note-taking is superior to physical note taking for several reasons, each of which could be explored and developed in OneNote:

• infinite whiteboard: allow panning not only down and right but in all directions; allow export of whiteboard in formats not constrained to printed page sizes, e.g. PDF, jpg

• much deeper zoom: it is great to be able to richly annotate diagrams or sketched out tables, but frustrating that the zoom level maxes out so quickly,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. i can't login via my gmail account!!!

Why are remove possible of authorization via gmail accounts?? How i can login in my onenote notebooks for work with it????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. adonit styluses should work with onenote

Why won't outside styluses, such as the adonit jot pro, work with my one note or my surface 4? I see no reason for no cross compatibility.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. schnelle farbauswahl

die Möglichkeit die Farbe und Strichstärke schnell über regler zu verändern...
    so wie bei professionellen Zeichenprogrammen.
    Aber undbedingt auch die möglichkeit die Palette schnell wieder verschwinden zu lassen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Edit a hyperlink menu should allow you to pick a pictire in its place

In addition to finding a picture right clicking and linking it to a URL or page in one note, we should be able to do the inverse and right click on a url and edit it and make it a picture too. People are more likely to post links but they are blue, noisy and not nice to look at.

This would especially play well with content rich EDU work for OneNote in the classroom

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Change this content to personal" every time I paste into OneNote

Copy notes <ctrl+c> open OneNote and highlight page for notes, <ctrl+v>. Popup: "Change this content to personal? The ownership of this content will be changed from work to personal. Your organization may track this action." EVERY TIME I paste. I'm assuming that it's already personal SINCE I paste into OneNote almost every day, multiple times a day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)