OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Ability to quote from another page

We use OneNote extensively for our to-do today and project. We have sections for general (forever) projects and deliverable projects, scratch areas etc. We spend a few minutes each day planning and those to-do's go on a page.... to-do today. These are a mix of one off's and part of projects / project plans executed.

This often means a level of duplication - which we try and avoid with a passion. Bits of brain dump on project pages with checkboxes that then need to be on today - not the whole page, but the chunk for today.

I want to…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open window screen capture selection

Capture snapshots of open windows from pull down menu, similar to capture functionality in emails within Outlook. Otherwise you have to do a manual drag around the window that you want to capture.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Propojení Outlook s OneNote

Při propojení z Outlook do OneNote a vytvoření nové stránky, bych ocení propsat nejen podrobnosti, ale i poznámky. Kdyby se poznámky na této stránce editované ve One Note propsali i do Outlook, bylo by to dokonalé. Děkuji za přečtení a prosím vytvoření forum v mém jazyce.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Save and send as jpeg

Send and Save as jpeg

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ctrl+N (to reset text style) doesn't work when text is selected from right to left

Steps to reproduce:

1. type some text

2. make it bold

3. Take the cursor to the far right

4. Hold shift and start selecting text towards left by tapping left key

5. Release shift and hit Ctrl+N

Expected result: Should have unset bold and make the selected text normal

Actual result: Doesn't do anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I would like the ability to create a customizeable slide out menu to create a fluid interactive whiteboard experience. Adding a faster way t

I would like the ability to create a customizable slide out menu to create a fluid interactive whiteboard experience. The menu would slide out from the right or left, similar to the current way to access the full menu when in full screen. Adding a faster way to access the pen/eraser tools during a lesson while annotating in OneNote's full screen view would be helpful.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remember previous selected Move targets when you move another item

Every time I move a note to another tab it ask me about the tab name again and again. Please user test your programs. Google does that much better. I work in combination with Office Lens on Android

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Royal Blue to OneNote Desktop App

The default one note app that starts when you click the surface pen has a "royal blue" ink color that is not included in the one note desktop app... come on guys lol

Please add the same colors to both apps

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Post sent email to OneNote tab as part of send process

I would like to be able to select a OneNote tab as I am composing an email and have the email automatically post to that tab when sent. In the current configuration I have to (1) send the email (2) navigate to the sent folder (3) select the sent email (4) click on the send to OneNote icon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve editing of handwritten text, like MyScript® Smart Note Taking™

Adding the "interactive" feature introduced by MyScript®, as shown on https://twitter.com/kurtsoeser/status/759085673144061952 into our favorite Microsoft app would be a huge step forward !
    I'm not speaking about simply "copying", but since Microsoft has bought N-Trig (stylus technology), why not recognising the impressive achievement of MyScrip®, and get along with them to bring this technology to OneNote ?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Verbesser Synchronisation] Nicht nur je Notizbuch, sondern auch Abschnitte und Seiten

Gelegentlich gibt es Schwierigkeiten bei Synchronisierungen wie in jedem Programm. Könnte man nicht nur einsehen welche Notizbuch synchronisiert, sondern welche Abschnitte und Seiten innerhalb des Notizbuches synchronisieren, könnte man besser selber eingreifen und Probleme beheben.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow to pre-define list of standard text

It would be nice if you could pre-define text block that you often re-use in some sort of list. To use them, it would be sufficient to only paste and change minor things (like parameters etc).

For using onenote as a labbook, this would be massively useful, but I guess in other work environments this would have similar advantages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Small oversight in OneNote 17.7167.57761.0

In OneNote 17.7167.57761.0 I have already opened the default notes. When I run "More notes" the default notes appears on the list again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. arrows can't be resized

When I drew an ARROW in OneNote, I could go back to the arrow at some future point and resize and/or reposition the arrow.

Now once I click away from a newly created ARROW, it becomes a graphic of the arrow head and a second graphic of the body of the arrow. They can't be resized and they can only be stretched as a graphic (which can make them look very distorted and usually I need to delete the arrow and start over).

I'd like to see the earlier functionality of arrows returned.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add min and max next to close button in full page view

I use full page view a lot. It is my default view. But if I want to minimize OneNote in this view, I have to first leave full page view in order to have access to minimize in upper right.

I am assuming the point of full page view is to limit buttons and tools, but it already has a close button. This seems like something related.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please stop asking me to download OneNote for mobile when I log into outlook.com

It is quite unbelievable to me that your systems cannot tell that I am, and have been for YEARS, using OneNote on my mobile device. It is extremely annoying and counter-productive to have to view and deal with the pop-up box asking me to download OneNote to my mobile device EVERY TIME I log into outlook.com and go to OneNote online. Everything is tied together with the LiveID...it should not be difficult to determine that a user DOES NOT NEED the message. Furthermore, why isn't your system smart enough to STOP ASKING is I've already said "No" to the message…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide the search box

Allow for the search box to be hidden from the section toolbar (separately to hiding this whole toolbar altogether) especially useful to allow more section tabs to be displayed especially when using OneNote in half-screen mode.
    Alternatively, allow for the search box to be moved to another location e.g. on the ribbon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Macro function to move file attachments to new page

I often post emails to OneNote which have file attachments. Leaving the attached file is too much overhead compared to an 'insert print'. Therefore, it would be very useful to be able to select a page like this and invoke an icon that would create a new indented page (for each attachment) and move the file attachment to that new page as an 'insert print'. Optionally pasting the new page link into the originating page would ensure the the relationship between the pages.

I do this today and it takes too many steps to be efficient. (1) Send email to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base