OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Option to strip pagination in Send to OneNote print driver

I like to collect documents into OneNote to read. If I have a Word or especially a PDF and use the print driver to put it in OneNote it creates a page for each page in the document. The print options in Word and Acrobat don't allow for non-paginated printing. In fact, it's fine if OneNote prints pages, but it should allow me to keep them all in the same notebook page.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We request whatever iOS has for windows phone 10 with most priority

We request whatever iOS has for windows phone 10 with most priority.
    It's absolutely not fair to decide the feature/function for user according to the votes number. The whole world know that windows phone user is much less than of iOS and android, and this is Microsoft's fault. Most import, these who insist to use windows phone is your most faithful user. If you treat your most faithful user like this continuously, I really suggest you, Microsoft company, give up its windows phone system and mobile device,because you will lose your last key users forever.
    It has been years, we…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add handwriting options like they were available under Wondows 8.1

Under Windows 8.1 in the handwriting mode there were cursor movements, word separation/joining and single character editing possible. This would be very convenient for OneNote under Windows 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. onenote importer thoughts

1. create a check all / uncheck all button in (2 select evernote content menu)

2. post the code to github so developers can see how interaction with onenote and 3 rd party tools is suppose to work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add equation display for windows phone version.

Cannot view any equations in the mobile version. But equations are shown in the iPhone version! Just let onenote shows all equations. That would be fine to me. Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I miss Office 2013

After I got OneNote for O2016, - a lot of the choises I had with O2013 are gone. It has, as I see it, become a less usefriendly tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set shortlinks from Words to Words to Jump between notices

Hey Bodies :-)

My Idea is to link words with words. I want to mark a word and set a shortlink to any other word in my whole OneNote books or sites. Also to make it possible to link one word with as many word i want. I would call it maybe "intern link".

This would be very great and would enhance the possibilities in OneNote infinitely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Gallery or Post-It View

Idea: Create a post-it or gallery view that shows snippets of all pages on notecard size items. Allow the items to be easily moved and color coded.

I think this would be immensely helpful for lists of things (task lists, gift lists, movie lists, vocabulary lists, test questions, etc). I could eliminate another note program if OneNote handled this more elegantly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve the Artistic Feel and Allow True Customization of the Pen Experience.

We need truly customizable pen, paper, and ink options. We need a better artistic experience. A Fresh Paint plugin would be a fantastic addition. Or even just user-defined colors and pen widths, different inking mediums (oil, watercolor, pencil, pastel), and custom brush and pen shapes. While I understand that this isn't an art app per se, being able to do more than just write with this fancy pen and computer doesn't seem like too much to ask. In quite a few of my classes, I still need to do some sketching by hand. My professors are fine with me doing…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Essential changes for school system for assessment and evaluation!

Education system needs ability to launch photo, video and audio INSIDE app. Teachers are required to document student learning in the moment. Too hard to constantly drag video and audio in from files. An unnecessary step with so many students to document. Teachers will continue to use other apps like noteledge until this is fixed. Please, this small fix will change the way we do our work! Also, show video on page as a window of video not pylon. Too hard to tell what each video is without annotating beside it. Again an unnecessary step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Disable recent edits

For privacy concerns I don't like that OneNote preserves a record of all edits for notes going back several months. I'd like the ability to either (a) disable the function of preserving edits entirely or (b) perhaps better the ability on a note by note basis to periodically clear the edit history (like clearing history on a browser).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve Seemless transition of Old versions of OneNote notebooks to the new OneNote 2016

Lost hours and hours of valuable notes and books when converted over to Onenote 2016. Used to brag about the product to all my friends and family now not sure I want to invest my time creating a new notebook in 2016 if it does not transfer over as a notebook in a future upgrades. Very disappointing... also very much miss the feature of pen opening OneNote 2016 directly just is very confusing only opening the scaled down Onenote.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Share live view of window/desktop

Similar to what webex can do. Allow us to share what we're doing on our screens at the moment. OneNote already supports video, so this shouldn't be too hard.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow user to export restults of search (including links) to a page in one note

if you search and have a bunch of notebooks, would be nice to be able to have a toc that spans ACROSS notebooks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Erase all option

I would like a quick way to erase all work done with the DRAW tools. Currently, I have to select the eraser and swipe over all the writing on each page of the notebook. I teach several sections of the same class and use the notebook as a presentation device. At the end of class, I would like to be able to quickly tap and erase all that we have done so that the file is ready for the next class.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add configurable settings for syncing to avoid large data charges/hangups

Please let me know if i'm missing a setting or some way to achieve this already in existence...

I use OneNote on WP8.1 for work. It is a really good platform for performing site inspections and audits where i take a great volume of hi res photos and write descriptions and observations for each.

We can work as a team, all do our various bits and sync up to a master document on OneDrive and then open the whole thing as a single word.doc for final formatting, thus saving a great deal of time!
    However. these files are large (hundreds…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: Jumping ink when page is viewed in multiple windows

As per title. This has always been an issue in OneNote for as long as I have been using it (it is not new to ON2016, and has occurred on a number of devices).

Viewing the same page in multiple windows while inking on one instance can result in major instability. Ink gets moved to various points in the document, and generally stacks on top of each other. No option to undo. Stacked ink is completely incomprehensible and impossible to 'untangle'.

I thought I would give it a try again with ON2016, no luck. Totally ruined a document and there…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add "Send to One Note" tool

It looks like One Note 2016 doesn't let you send the entire Powerpoint to One Note. You have to take a screen clipping. This is inconvenient and frustrating.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. windows explorer thumbnail generation!

how am i suppose to tell what is on page quickly?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base