OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Using office lens without internet/OneNote

Office Lens would be perfect if we could also use it without any Synchronisation (OneNote/Internet). If the Picture would just to be found in the Gallery (under saved Pictures e.g.)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Drawing

Use the fine drawing tool used in other Office programs. The drawing tool in OneNote leave much to be improved. It is not possible to attach ie a circle to a photo. If you insert text over the photo, the photo will move but the circle will stay.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Outlook 2013 export to OneNote change

Currently there is a sent e-mail to OneNote option in Outlook 2013. I would like to see a option where I can choose where I would like to add the e-mail. On top or at the bottom of a page. I work at a big school right now(35.000 students / 4.000 employees) and everybody creates and edits notes from new(top) to old(bottom) on every page. If they add a e-mail to OneNote the e-mail gets attached on the bottom of the page, we would rather have the option to choose top or bottom.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the pen button on Windows 10/Onenote so that one can select a default Onenote

The Windows 10 version of Onenote does not allow the user to properly select a default version of Onenote (Desktop or Store [Modern] version) to be activated by depressing the pen button on the Surface Pen. This is a well known issue, but it has yet to be fixed...

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Amazing software.. One benefit would be to add extra pen input capabilities.

An underline shortcut option would be great. Many paint/noting software have a shift underline option (basically while holding shift key or any other key, an creates an underline in drawing mode. For example.. Microsoft Paint creates a straight line when holding down the shift key. This would be great.

Another suggestion; can your team implement options for a different cursor in drawing mode? Currently, the cursor is hard to see at times because it is so small.. The cursor used in Microsoft Paint is a good example as the pencil tool has a pencil/pen icon which is much more better…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio and ink timing syncing like RichReview (or Livescribe)

Hi

I was a fan and a user of Livescribe Smart Pen , I loved that pen because it sync my written notes with the recorded audio and display it in a good way

onenote now has audio recording but it display it and sync it to the audio in a bad way

you need to make it like this new app from microsoft research , notice how when playing the audio the synced ink is highlighted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twSTqxghHNQ

also you can look at livescribe desktop app and it will give you the same idea

please make this happen , it's…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Windows Phone: record pin

Ability to pin a record button or photo button directly which would also record location, time and date of recording (as Evernote WP8 app does)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide a way to suppress the Microsoft Account Sign In prompt

When launching OneNote for the first time, users are prompted to sign in with their Microsoft account. For organizations using Office 365, this is 1) unnecessary, and 2) confuses users because they try to sign in with their organization credentials, which fail. The user is stuck until they either figure it out or call the help desk.

I would like to be able to suppress the prompts for signing in with a Microsoft Account while also not preventing users from doing so if they choose to later on.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Open section / notebook in a new window with right-click

We can open a new window of what we are currently viewing from the View tab in the ribbon menu. But I'd like to be able to right-click a section or notebook and open in a new window from the right-click menu.
    What say you?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. completed task font

When a user has a task list in OneNote with the checkboxes and marks the task completed by checking the check box.

It will be great to change the font type of that item to strikethrough.

It will really help in staying on top of your tasklist.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bigger mouse pointer with graphic tablets

Make the mouse pointer appearance adjustable (size, style e.g. crosshair) when using a graphic tablet. With small strokes the pointer is so tiny that it is almost impossible to see where you currently pointing until you actually write something.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to move Lotus Notes documents to OneNote

I understand that today, OneNote has good integration to Outlook, but my primary email client is IBM Notes (earlier called IBM Lotus Notes). OneNote can be a good reference database, if there is a way to directly create a formatted note from a rich document in Lotus Notes.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. OneNote Should allow same concept of folders on harddrive

I am new to OneNote and have a hardtime converting my local files up to OneNote. The major problem is that once I created a NoteBook and Section everythingelse comes as a page. There is no way to easily change the NoteBook name to a Section.

This is difficult when planning my notes because I do not know if a subject I am taking notes will turn into a main folder(section) and how many sub-sections will it need.

Having NoteBook -> Section -> Pages. is not enough for me.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Audio, Powerpoint, Handwritting Sync

For educational use, there needs to be a way to sync the audio with the handwritten notes taken on a powerpoint presentation, and have this able to be played back in OneNote. Powerpoint often provides animations and other things that can only be represented through powerpoint. So my suggestion is allowing the user that takes written notes or draws on the powerpoint as it is given or advanced, to be embedded into a OneNote page. This would be different than screen recording because hopefully it would take a lot less storage to just have audio tied to handwriting on a…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve the visibility of small pens for graphic tablet users

I am using a wacom tablet to write and draw in my oneNote notebook. Unfortunately it is really easy to lose the position of the cursor and so I have to search for it before I can go on with work.

Just look on the picture on the following link to see what I mean:
    http://postimg.org/image/gcjcs6q7p/full/

It would be great if you could make small pen sizes more visible like adobe does in photoshop.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Organize receipts

I would love to see a better receipt organization on OneNote. We should have a pre-defined page(s) where all of the receipts we capture through Office Lens displayed in a thumbnail view and clickin/taping on a receipt will make it full size for better viewing.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. allow scrolling when printing pdf's or other large files to onenote.

When I print a pdf to onenote it places each pdf page into a separate page in onenote. That prevents the user from scrolling through the doc easily and makes it much less user friendly. If the document is 30 pages I have to manually click on each page to advance through the document

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integrate OneNote with Cortana

OneNote for iOS 9 is integrated with Spotlight. Why Windows 10 Mobile don't do it?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base