OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Crypt not working in free onenote edition

Crypt not working in free onenote edition
    Once we right click the tab and choose crypt, it would not working, just tips us the crypt not working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be really neat if the user could create editable screentips on a onenote page (store extra info/notes w/out cluttering up the page)

It would be really cool if the user could create editable screentips on a onenote page so that the note taker could store extra info and take notes w/out cluttering up the onenote page)...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Move the book navigation to left

In general I like the tree navigation found in tools such as Scrivener. They are better suitable for thinking and outlining. The tab navigation does not really add value and the navigation on the right confuses user experience. I think there is tremendous value in following some of the features available in Scrivener.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please make sharing templates more simple than having to 'move or copy' the page then havig to use 'page size' to make the template...

It would be far more convenient for those users who frequently use templates if the template formats was similar to the other office programs. I constantly make templates for use at work, and my company is adopting OneNote based on what I have done; however, the process of sharing templates is far to complicated for people less familiar with the program

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When working in a table and hovering mouse near row or column leading edge, enable addition of elements like in Word 2013

In Word 2013, when I have a table in the document, and I hover my mouse on the right column or bottom edge, a small "plus sign" pops up that enables me to quickly add a column or row to the document. Currently in OneNote, I have to move my mouse to the ribbon to insert these items. If OneNote recapitulated this feature currently found in Word 2013, it would quickly improve my work flow.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. One note help needs major

OneNote Help > Find "edit styles": keyboard shortcuts, choose how spell, What does Not enabled..., Create or customize page template, ADHD and me.

I got ADHD

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add a scale for measuring drawings for engineering and architecture

If I print an autocad or grab a screenshot of a pdf and put it in one note, I want to be able to measure from one point to another, and then annotate.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatic equation numbering

If possible add a numbered tag which will automatically refresh and increment, ncluding subnumbers. eg. an tag may have a display number 3.11 where the number 3 represents the paragraph or section and 11 would be the sub equation number. Similar to LaTeX maybe in adding these tags.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Release an upgraded version with more formatting options

I adore OneNote. It's my favourite Office product. But obviously, being a free application, it lacks some of the useful formatting options that Word has. I'd like to see more Word features in a paid for OneNote version. Shape options and the like.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Windows Store App: Add Page Range to Printing Support

Unfortunately, just like the Mail app, it is not currently possible to print out a range of pages from a OneNote document.

Can the OneNote team please talk to their Microsoft Reader or IE11 colleagues – they have shown that it is possible to print out page ranges from within their Modern apps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. evernote

Make Onenote able to cooperate with Evernote.

Although It may sound crazy, and likely not feasible due to licence issues, I have to use both systems because some people I know prefer Evernote.
    I prefer Onenote, and it would be great if I could read Evernote's shared notebooks so that I don't have to use both systems.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. in metro version of oneNote, allow a double red line as the left margin... just like legal pads

Many legal pads have a double line to designate the left margin. It is useful to have this line all the way down the page (vertically) when making lists. I put my "check box" (the little box the forms if you hit cntrl+1) on the left side of the double line and then I put my priority ranking (1,2,3,4) on the right side of the margin. I usually strike through when done and / or check the box.

It would also help if there was a way to auto re-arrange the list by priority number (the number on the right…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. OneNote phone integration like Galaxy Note / Surface Pro 3

Improve integration of OneNote with phones with pens / styli like, e.g. Galaxy Note and Surface Pro 3.
    Android: Lockscreen Ink Note new pages
    Windows Phone / iPhone : Add ink support so that hardware makers make use of it and launch one, or use capacitive pens on phones.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. create notes based on location or time

an example if you activate location on the app, and you registered before some university or school the app could on each run determinates if the location is the same and open a kind of "student notepad" or something like that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. OneNote的OCR功能

我最喜欢OneNote的OCR功能,远超很多所谓的专业OCR。但还是有一些小问题。之前不知向哪儿反馈,这次趁机反馈了。
    一、字与字直接的空格是怎么回事?
    二、希望你们能把繁简字分开,一篇文章多数是简体字的时候,就不要老是识别为繁体字了,同理,多数是繁体字的时候,简体字出现的优先级也要调低;
    三、英文斜体字识别很差,几乎无法识别(也许是因为多数文本都是简体汉字);
    四、经常吞字,最常吞的是“一”,我觉得吞字不要紧,但至少那边留一个小符号提示我们一下吧?
    五、经常吞标点,同上,留一个统一的“吞字符”下来,作为提示;
    六、连续数字超过2个的时候就会吞数字;
    七、省略号总是识别有问题;
    八、前引号没问题,后引号总出现问题(80%的情况后引号是识别成英文的);
    九、“儿”字总识别失败,会裂开;
    十、“但”字也会裂;
    十一、“人”、“入”总是识别不清,这类相近字应该更仔细地识别。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow for lists to be embedded on different pages

Let's say I have several staff and I have a list of things they are completing on separate pages. It would be great to be able to link each section 'or box' to a master list on another page. That way if I add an item to their list, or they do an update, it is updated in my master list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Keep it simple but complete

I have been using "note" programs for 30 years and OneNote is really beginning to stand out from the crowd, Google and Apple don't seem to be in the race. There is one thing that could kill OneNote, like it did Lotus Notes, and that is getting away from the simple, core, purpose of organizing and searching everything everywhere. OneNote has to satisfy two opposites, remain simple and intuitive while covering all platforms and data types. If the team keeps the focus on OneNote being an "amazing" program that users go to first, it may be the most important MS…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Active attachments such as Powerpoint

Allow for a user to insert a document such as a powerpoint that has audio, or will have audio recorded, but at the same time there are animations in the PPT which make saving as a PDF not useful. So as the PPT gets clicked through in OneNote, it moves and shows animations all the while the user can add handwritten notes, or text, audio, etc to sync with the playing of the ppt slides. If this is too much, then at least allow a PPT to be embedded to show animations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't screw it up.

OneNote may not be perfect, and I like improvements, but don't destroy it with capricious UX revamps like have happened to other Microsoft products. Thank you. WE LOVE ONENOTE!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base