OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Enable External Links and large Notebooks to be exported in OneNote 2016

Currently exporting large Notebooks is not working in OneNote 2016, would like to get this fixed. Also, exporting a page does not enable hyperlinks to websites.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Artistic onenote for drawing with tilt & rotation detection and more with Cintiq 27QHD Interactive Pen & Touch Display

onenote is best for taking notes only with some function of drawing. some times we can't express our thoughts fully beautifully. so make one note with support of Wacom cintiq pens have the ability of tilt recognition and rotation recognizing. so we can bet apple pencil.
    this make onenote as drawing tool also. it pave the path for future surface pen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. List Sections down right column rather than on top beside Notebook name.

I'm working on a user manual with numerous sections. Doesn't work well to have them spread out across the top beside the Notebook name. too much scrolling. However, if they Sections could be listed on the right panel side where Pages are listed, much more room would be available to display Sections. Choosing a Section would then open the Pages in the same right side panel for that Section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Scroll within a page

I would like the scroll bar to auto hide as an option....or remain visible at all times as an option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Further develop recipes aspect

Using onenote to store and organize recipes is a great feature, however, it is a very static one that can be replace by many other apps. I would like to see a feature added that allows a user to select recipes and have the ingredients of those recipes be added to a new page. This is something no other app does and would be an HUGE benefit to those trying to be more efficient in the kitchen. It would be a nice feature to plan your meals out for the week and have an ingredient list for the whole week…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Continuously updated history list

Have a dynamic window I can configure to stay permanently open that lists all notes created and updated in date order. The current history view is great, but it is not dynamic or persistent. Also, have the default be all notebooks. This gives me the one capability I have in Evernote that I dont have here.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why the heck isn't there a typeover feature in OneNote?

This feature was in WoidPerfect 4.2 for DOS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. cut and paste into word and powerpoint

i'm using my surface pro to make drawings with my surface pen. Next I like to paste them into word or powerpoint. Result is messy, far too large and a segmented picture. Unusable! My workaround is to paste into paint, copy again from paint and then paste into word or powerpoint.
    Please fix!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Client Billing

Create the ability to track time for each NoteBook. Image a lawyer using OneNote for case management. Each client case is an individual notebook. When the lawyer opens the NoteBook, for whatever reason, the time the NoteBook is open is tracked and collected for variable time periods; monthly, quarterly, annually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Writing in Right-To-Left is a nightmare

Here are only some of the bugs in Right-To-Left:
    1. Incorporating any Latin letters will break the alignment and make it hard to get back
    2. Aligning your paragraph to the right will also sometimes affect paragraphs above and below it
    3. Copying and pasting ink when the page is in Right To Left alignment will break up the ink and spread it out
    4. Going into the math equation editor in a Right-To-Left paragraph will make it almost impossible to get back to the same line
    5. If a line has only Latin characters in it, it'll automatically snap…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Embed Microsoft Channel 9 and Virtual Academy videos.

Your blog post (https://blogs.office.com/2015/11/12/onenote-in-november-embed-video-record-audio-insert-files-and-more/) suggested posting here additional ideas for video formats beyond YouTube, Vimeo and Office Mix.

I would like to propose Microsoft Channel 9 videos, plus Microsoft Virtual Academy videos.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Where are top requested features?

Hello. I am an advanced user of OneNote for a very long time and thanks to me dozens of people are using this great piece of software. Like I said it is a great software however this doesn't mean that you can not improve it more that's why I always spend time to give my feedback and recommendations about it.

However as far as I can see no one is listening and responding. Between OneNote 2013 and 2016, none of the top requests were addressed. Let alone this, there is not even enough update to consider. And moreover no one…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Evernote to OneNote. Import Evernote notebooks as tabs within one OneNote Notebook

Please allow importing Evernote notebooks to new onenote tabs within the same notebook versus creating new notebooks for each Evernote notebook

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Light grey fontd

Read the info at contrastrebellion and explain whatever possessed Microsoft to use LIGHT grey spindly fonts in the dialogue boxes and everywhere else in OneNote 2016. Please change them to black.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Linkable or Referenced Items

It would be great if you allow to create items within pages that can be referred or linked.
    For example if I can create a list of topics with a id/key field. Then I can refer to it (by clicking and hovering the mouse pointer) other pages without copying it over and over.
    At the moment if you want to refer to the same point/bullet/topic in different pages use has to copy and paste it in all pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Simplify handwriting for lefies

Windows 10 doesn't allow either OneNote or OneNote desktop to run in full screen. This means that when I write with my pen using my left hand and put my palm down slightly before the pen, I hit the startbutton since it's positioned on the left side of the screen.

Allow me to run any version of OneNote in true fullscreen so I don't hit the startbutton every time I want to take notes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Share simplified article to OneNote

OneNote for Windows 10 should have an option to share a simplified article when sharing an URL. Just like the OneNote Clipper.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pasted images/PDFs should be placed at cursor location

When pasting a PDF from Windows Explorer (using Windows 8 and OneNote 2016) I click well below the last item, but when I paste (printout), the image and file goe above the last item.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. how about the ability to embed video from LMSs like Moodle which are locally hosted at a school or even remotely hosted

I like the you tube feature, however in places like where I live, youtube is very slow still. I find that I need to download the You Tube videos so my lessons are not sabotaged by slow internet access. I usually store a copy of the video on our local Moodle site. If I could embed directly from that Moodle site to one note, that would be awesome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Missing the paste as function, or it is not easy to find.

Missing te paste as function, or it is not easy to find. Using OneNote 2016 from professional plus

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base