OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Get rid of your ********* "some connected experiences aren't available." Maybe I don't want you intruding on my data? Yes, I want privacy!!

Get rid of your ********* "some connected experiences aren't available." Maybe I don't want you intruding on my data? Yes, I want privacy!!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to change heading styles in OneNote

It's very frustrating to be allowed to change the default font, but not the heading styles. At the very least I expect the heading styles to inherit the default font, even if I can't change the size or color...

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. autocorrect

PLEASE bring back autocorrect customization to OneNote for Windows 10 that we had in OneNote Office 16. I used autocorrect to input many symbols in my medical school notes to make things easier to read.

For example:
    "inc" autocorrected to ↑
    "neg" autocorrected to ⊖
    "primary" autocorrected to 1⁰
    "=>" autocorrected to ⇨

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Characters are partially removed automatically

Hundreds of Korean users experience characters removed automatically when using latest OneNote. This problem has happened since 2018. Janet H. J Park in Microsoft Agent is only giving unhelpful response with macro reply - recommended to post here to get help.

When user types quickly on OneNote the part of characters are gone:
    안녕 --> ㅏㄴ녕 (ㅇ is gone)
    원노트 -->노트 (원 is gone)

https://answers.microsoft.com/ko-kr/msoffice/forum/all/%EC%9B%90%EB%85%B8%ED%8A%B8-%ED%95%9C%EA%B8%80/0eb8708b-d200-4dd8-9410-2de631948299?auth=1&page=1

I have no idea why I need to keep using latest version of OneNote, many users already abandoned and moved to OneNote 2016.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy section group to another Notebook

Today, you can MOVE a section group to another notebook, but you cannot COPY it.

User Scenario: We are transitioning a product to another team and our documentation is stored in a OneNote Notebook Section. We are copying our documentation to the new team's notebook and then making updates. To avoid issues during the product transfer, we want to retain a copy of the section group in our current notebook until the transition is complete.

Note that a similar suggestion called "section group" was marked as complete, but the link to the support site in the user voice idea only…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sort pages within a TAB

It would be awesome to have the ability to sort pages inside a TAB alphabetically.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Read only mode

Please add read only mode to prevent unwanted editng.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. more subpages and collapsible

My OneNote version is 16.0.12914.20000. I suggest that OneNote can expore that the depth of subpage and make each level of subpage can be collapsed. The situation right now is that only depth in 3 of subpages can be created and only root page can be collapsed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please let us set reminders right inside One Note.

Others have posted this as well, just adding to the idea. It makes no sense not being able to set reminders, but yet we can create checklists and everything else. OneNote is the best, so lets please keep it that way.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keep Outlook Integration In OneNote for Windows (Like 2016)

One of the most powerful feature is the ability to tag things as Outlook Tasks. Also the ability to create a OneNote page from a meeting. These features are the heart and soul of OneNote.

1,558 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Send Page via Outlook Email

OneNote 2016 allowed users to send a page via e-mail after it was created. This is absolutely critical for users that leverage OneNote to capture notes from meetings to send those notes out to all attendees (many of whom, especially leaders, do not use OneNote). Currently, when the "Share" button is clicked, and "Send a Copy" selected, only Twitter and Windows Mail show up as options for sending e-mail. For companies that require Outlook, this is unacceptable. We need the ability to do two things natively: track attendance (where did the checkboxes go?) and send pages via e-mail. Very frustrating…

606 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatically update pdf printout

Automatically update pdf printout, when pdf file is updated

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Crop in OneNote

I would like to be able to easily crop or format my images within the OneNote app instead of having to do it in PowerPoint and then copy/pasting into OneNote.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Layout

Absolutely hate the new layout - The new OneNote interface takes up way too much screen space (expansion of all the menu options on the left side of the screen takes up almost half of the display). Please offer the option to switch back to the horizontal layout, or at the very least, allow us to move the menu to the right side of the screen so that our notes don't shift every time we navigate our notebook. I understand the pressure to match competitors (such as, Notability), but to change something that already works well is a terrible move.…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OneNote Reminder

One note is amazing, but the app. has not reminder, most of the notes need to be reminded later for follow-up or to-do tasks. hence it is better and a must to do opt for the new version of one-note. please add this option like IOS reminder.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teachers with non school email adress should be allowed to use all features of ClassNotebook

All teachers don't work in school and don't have a school email address. A teacher with gmail account should also be allowed to create and use all features of class Notebook. why disparity among teachers. OneNote should allow everyone to use classnotebook features

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Page sorting options

Newest onenote pages should be on top of the list, not bottom, for quick access to more recent content. Or at least add a page sorting feature.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. adjusting the paper size

I really love OneNote and digital notetaking for all my classes and studying. But one thing that throws OneNote far behind Good Notes, Notability, ... is that you simply can't adjust the paper size to A4 (I would like to print my pages). Overall it just looks neater and is better for studying to have an actual A4 sized page. Please do something about it!!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Read-only mode

Dear Microsoft,

Please add a feature in OneNote to where users can make a NoteBook, Section, Section Group and or Page Read-Only. It's easy to accidentally edit notes when copying them. I want to be able to lock my notes to prevent editing.

P.S. OneNote 2016 is the reason why I got a Microsoft 365
    subscription. Don't mess this up!.

Best regards

Christopher

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Evernote Converter: No Longer Supporting or Actively Developing

The importer software is still available for you to download and use, but we’re no longer actively developing or supporting this tool.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base