OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Layout

Absolutely hate the new layout - The new OneNote interface takes up way too much screen space (expansion of all the menu options on the left side of the screen takes up almost half of the display). Please offer the option to switch back to the horizontal layout, or at the very least, allow us to move the menu to the right side of the screen so that our notes don't shift every time we navigate our notebook. I understand the pressure to match competitors (such as, Notability), but to change something that already works well is a terrible move.…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to change heading styles in OneNote

It's very frustrating to be allowed to change the default font, but not the heading styles. At the very least I expect the heading styles to inherit the default font, even if I can't change the size or color...

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Copy section group to another Notebook

Today, you can MOVE a section group to another notebook, but you cannot COPY it.

User Scenario: We are transitioning a product to another team and our documentation is stored in a OneNote Notebook Section. We are copying our documentation to the new team's notebook and then making updates. To avoid issues during the product transfer, we want to retain a copy of the section group in our current notebook until the transition is complete.

Note that a similar suggestion called "section group" was marked as complete, but the link to the support site in the user voice idea only…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. OneNote Reminder

One note is amazing, but the app. has not reminder, most of the notes need to be reminded later for follow-up or to-do tasks. hence it is better and a must to do opt for the new version of one-note. please add this option like IOS reminder.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Section Tabs at Top

OneNote 2016 was easier to navigate with the Section Tabs at the top instead of on the side. Please add an option to adjust the location of the Sections tabs.

421 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Kindly please assist to bring back Copy Link Paragraph function in OneNote Web

OneNote Web do not have this function of Copy Link Paragraph it is very useful and urgently needed. As this function available on the OneNote application and while users shares the notebook in SharePoint or MS Teams the team members is not able to click on this link/function.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Get rid of your ********* "some connected experiences aren't available." Maybe I don't want you intruding on my data? Yes, I want privacy!!

Get rid of your ********* "some connected experiences aren't available." Maybe I don't want you intruding on my data? Yes, I want privacy!!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow selection of Teams or Outlook when sending copies in OneNote for Windows 10

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneNote for Windows 10 のコピー送信先に Microsoft Teams や Outlook の選択肢拡充希望
    Allow selection of Teams or Outlook when sending copies in OneNote for Windows 10

■Description(内容):
    OneNote for Windows 10 において [共有] > [コピーの送信] をする際に、メールやSkypeのみが表示される。Microsoft Teams や Outlook を選択できる機能の拡充を希望します。

When using the “Share” – “Send a copy” function in OneNote for Windows 10, mail and Skype show up but please allow us to select Teams and Outlook.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Crop in OneNote

I would like to be able to easily crop or format my images within the OneNote app instead of having to do it in PowerPoint and then copy/pasting into OneNote.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sort pages within a TAB

It would be awesome to have the ability to sort pages inside a TAB alphabetically.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. adjusting the paper size

I really love OneNote and digital notetaking for all my classes and studying. But one thing that throws OneNote far behind Good Notes, Notability, ... is that you simply can't adjust the paper size to A4 (I would like to print my pages). Overall it just looks neater and is better for studying to have an actual A4 sized page. Please do something about it!!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Must have ability to merge and split cells!

The most popular post that mentioned this was in 2014 and it still is not fixed, so I thought it was worth suggesting again. This seems to be a very basic functionality of a table on any computer program.

284 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better drawing and shappes tools

Why not bring the tools for drawing shapes, already built-in in Power Point to OneNote?
    As far as like OneNote for teaching, it is very limited when i need regular shapes and precision drawing.
    i.e. In Power point i can draw vectors and specify its size and direction by setup size and rotation in its properties (with precision numbers), but in OneNote, an arrow its just an arrow without any specific configurations.
    i.e. In Power point, a single line can be shapped in many configurations, that for technical data, can make all the difference.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. OneNote Reminders!

It would be so helpful if I could add reminders for tasks in onenote directly (kinda like how Evernote allows you to). I love that is done through the app so it truly pops up on my screen reminding me that I have a task to do.

252 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. autocorrect

PLEASE bring back autocorrect customization to OneNote for Windows 10 that we had in OneNote Office 16. I used autocorrect to input many symbols in my medical school notes to make things easier to read.

For example:
    "inc" autocorrected to ↑
    "neg" autocorrected to ⊖
    "primary" autocorrected to 1⁰
    "=>" autocorrected to ⇨

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Insert option to merge table cells in the onenote.

Insert option to merge table cells in the onenote.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Windows 10 + Office 2016= Useful Product

It needs to have the same functions as onenote 2016 plus the windows functions. I'm tired of having to use both because neither has all the functions I need. It honestly is baffling that so many features are exclusive to one or the other.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please include the PDF Export from OneNote 2016!

The ability to export single pages, sections and entire notebooks into a pdf file is a really helpful tool, that is missed by many users.
    See also:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeonenote-msowin10-mso_2016/how-do-you-export-a-pdf-in-onenote-for-windows-10/371daf74-9084-4d84-a806-8ea6bb93935a

Please include this into the windows 10 version!

1,066 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Page sorting options

Newest onenote pages should be on top of the list, not bottom, for quick access to more recent content. Or at least add a page sorting feature.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reminders

Please implement reminders. They would help make OneNote a complete solution so I don't have to use another application to keep track of the notes I take in OneNote

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base