OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Locking Student Pages-Set Time to Lock

It would be helpful if you could set a page (distributed to students) to automatically lock at a certain time. When you go through Review Student Work and navigate to a page, I would love to see an option "Page Lock Settings". This would help streamline some work for teachers and allow them to set things up ahead of time rather than in real time.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paper styles

please add more options for paper styles like dotted paper for clear note-taking in math as well as isometric paper for the many engineering students who use OneNote. Also, borders to show where the print guidelines are would be nice

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. One Note for Windows 10 lacks many of the basic features available on OneNote 2016

I'm not quite sure how Microsoft describes OneNote for Windows 10 as the "best version" when it lacks many of the basic features available on OneNote 2016. I'm sure there are several other features missing from this supposedly new and improved version, but I'll list a few problems I ran into that are of absolutely no issue on OneNote 2016.

1. In OneNote for Windows 10 you can only insert a printout of a PDF. In order to insert a PowerPoint or Word document, etc. you’ve got to first convert the file to a PDF on your own (outside of the…

1,600 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Microsoft Editor to OneNote

Microsoft Editor is now embedded in Word and Outlook, but can't be used in the OneNote apps. It's greatly needed .

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. recent edits

Add the ability to look at recent edits in the OneNote for Windows 10 app like you can do in OneNote 2016 (You can use OneNote 2016 and follow the instructions in the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/see-a-list-of-recent-changes-in-a-notebook-in-onenote-for-windows-55dc5183-9112-4c7e-a9cf-44cd66c19c77)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to change heading styles in OneNote

It's very frustrating to be allowed to change the default font, but not the heading styles. At the very least I expect the heading styles to inherit the default font, even if I can't change the size or color...

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Crop in OneNote

I would like to be able to easily crop or format my images within the OneNote app instead of having to do it in PowerPoint and then copy/pasting into OneNote.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. OneNote Reminder

One note is amazing, but the app. has not reminder, most of the notes need to be reminded later for follow-up or to-do tasks. hence it is better and a must to do opt for the new version of one-note. please add this option like IOS reminder.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Get rid of your ********* "some connected experiences aren't available." Maybe I don't want you intruding on my data? Yes, I want privacy!!

Get rid of your ********* "some connected experiences aren't available." Maybe I don't want you intruding on my data? Yes, I want privacy!!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Update OneNote UWP to use Webview2

Since we installed Chromium-based Edge, HTML embeds in OneNote (UWP app) no longer share the session with Edge since it's using Webview. Updating to Webview2 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/ would fix this

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. find and replace

Please stop bothering us and DO a find and replace OR AT LEAST say that you're gonna do this. Do not allow people to be unpolite because some of you are not acting as Microsoft people!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. layout

I really hate this new layout for Windows 10. It takes up WAY too much space on my screen in order to see all the files. It was MUCH better when I could see the notebooks and folders all listed in a single row down the left hand column, with the tabs at the top. Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to eat up more screen space to do the same thing? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE provide the option to go to the old view.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Graph View Like Obsidian.md (Mind map)

We want your second brain to work like a real brain, so Obsidian encourages you to make connections between your notes. Simply type [[ and Obsidian will auto-complete the link.

With connections in place, you can navigate your notes and get inspiration with backlinks and graph view.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. reMarkable Integration

Hello,

reMarkable (see https://remarkable.com/) is gaining in popularity and provides an amazing writing experience in a tablet setting. Could Microsoft work with reMarkable to provide integration support between their device and Microsoft's OneNote? Thanks so much!

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Kindly please assist to bring back Copy Link Paragraph function in OneNote Web

OneNote Web do not have this function of Copy Link Paragraph it is very useful and urgently needed. As this function available on the OneNote application and while users shares the notebook in SharePoint or MS Teams the team members is not able to click on this link/function.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Insert option to merge table cells in the onenote.

Insert option to merge table cells in the onenote.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. layout

this needs to be fixed--truly a setback

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Section Tabs at Top

OneNote 2016 was easier to navigate with the Section Tabs at the top instead of on the side. Please add an option to adjust the location of the Sections tabs.

431 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. OneNote for Windows 10 クライアント アプリにて作成したノートブックを既定で任意のフォルダー配下に保存する機能について

■Title(件名):
    OneNote for Windows 10 クライアント アプリにて作成したノートブックを既定で任意のフォルダー配下に保存する機能について

About the function to save the notebook created by the OneNote for Windows 10 client application under any folder by default

■Description(内容):
    OneNote for Windows 10 クライアント アプリにて Microsoft 365 アカウントを使用してサインインし、ノートブックを新規作成した場合、OneDrive for Business ライブラリの最上層にノートブックが作成されてしまいます。
    そのため OneDrive for Windows 10 クライアント アプリにて作成したノートブックを既定で任意のフォルダー配下に保存する機能の追加を希望します。

When I sign in with my Microsoft 365 account in the OneNote for Windows 10 client app and create a new notebook, the notebook is created at the top of the OneDrive for Business library.
    Therefore, I would like to add a function to save the notebook created by the OneDrive for…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base