OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow to add Links as pages with reading view

It should be possible to add a page whose source is a link. So the page only consists of a link, and when opening it shows a (cached) reading view of said page. Similar to how it works in Evernote right now

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import from OneNote 2010 to OneNote online

The records in MS Office 2010 OneNote should be importable to OneNote online

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ms should totally allow extensions for onenote, to add real functionality.

Think for instance a finance tracker extension, you could add incomes and payments, generate graphics and whatnot, but it would be linked to notes, so for each bill you could have the real document scanned, with all the onenote mojo applied to it (like indexing and OCRing the picture and annotations)

I can immediately think of many great use cases for this. Finance tracking, stock management, tracking employees, it would be perfect to small to mid business, and it would be so simple to have all that data shared (with access permissions of course).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. speed of paste

Each time i copy from say Excel and paste to OneNote, the process is very slow .
    This has bene the case for previous and current (ie 2016) versions of OneNote. Could this be fixed for good?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Touch tap "right-click" issue

The following issue has been present since the release of Windows 10. A Surface 3 or Surface Pro 3 using OneNote 2013 or OneNote 2016 will at times begin treating touch tap as a "right-click" action. The touch tap "right-click" issue is not limited to the OneNote application but is system wide.

The common factors for the issue have been
    1. Surface 3 or Surface Pro 3
    2. Windows 10
    3. OneNote 2013 or OneNote 2016.

The issue is present in the latest versions of OneNote.
    OneNote 2016 v16.0.4229.1024
    OneNote 2013 v15.0.4753.1003

Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 Professional "th1 10240…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 希望onenote有像word里面SmartArt的功能

这样方便使用onenote作为只是管理的人用来做思维导图,不是方便很多吗

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default to the current Notebook when creating a Hyperlink

It would be REALLY useful when creating a hyperlink if OneNote defaulted to the current Notebook rather than displaying a list of ALL Notebooks.

This would save me every time I want to create a link having to scroll down a list of Notebooks to get to the current one and then expand the relevant sections, etc.

Maybe a toggle would be better i.e. the current behaviour or default to the current Notebook when the “Link” screen is displayed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. User Experience: Wortweises Markieren nach Doppelklick

Für die Textauswahl wäre ein gleiches Verhalten, wie in den Office-Produkten sinnvoll: Doppelclick markiert ein Wort, bei Ziehen der Maus werden weitere ganze Worte markiert, derzeit (OneNote 2013) klebt die Markierung auf dem ursprünglich markierten Wort.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. rely more on OneDrive folders (all versions)

So that we can share folders with their corresponding notes, simply opening access to the right users. The files will be smaller and it will sync much quickly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Optionable arrows along a line aka "multiple-arrowheads-along-90degree-line"-shape.

I use the "arrowline+90degree-line"-shape a lot. But I need it more advanced: I wanna decide how many arrowhead-lines coming out of the original line. Picture a vertical line beginning under the heading and along it three lines with an arrowhead at the end goes out to the right underneath pointing at three subheadings.
    Kinda like if you connected the bullets of a bullet-list with its subbullets.
    It's a great way to visualize the connections in outlined notes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Passcode feature on WIndows 10 Mobile

Currently OneNote Universal app on Windows 10 Mobile can view passworded section it is not enough because OneNote saves a lot of private info so
    Please support Passcode feature for OneNote Universal app on Windows 10 Mobile

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. surface 3 oneclick button on WIndows 10 / Office 2016 nedd to open Onenote desktop NOT Metro.... pleeeeease fix asap.

surface 3 oneclick button on WIndows 10 / Office 2016 nedd to open Onenote desktop NOT Metro.... pleeeeease fix asap.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow fragment identifiers for locations within a page to which links can be created.

Navigating longer pages looking for information can take time. It would be useful to allow parts of pages to be tagged with the equivalent of a fragment identifier. This identifier could be the target of a link from other pages. This would reduce the need for scrolling the longer page, looking for the relevant information. It would also reduce the need to break a page into smaller pages to segment out individual pieces of information

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to open pages in a new window to be able to view several pages at the same time.

I work with several computer screens and it would be nice to be able open several pages at once and drag them to other screens to view and work on mutiple tasks at the same time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete option on Sync

I really like the online sync, but sometimes i want to delete jus on my Mobile phone to free up spaces and leave the online Note.

So i'll suggest that the delete option on Windows Mobile have an option that keeps or delete notes on either or Both sides, as user specifies .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let's make a Study lock-down mode.

I am a college student and I love using OneNote to take note, although... OneNote is not an easy program to actually learn from, that's why I would like to suggest a mode in OneNote with a timer that locks down all other programs (or keeps them at the background).
    The Internet is a fun place, but it really is distracting when you are trying to study, so I would suggest a feature within the mode where you can search the internet for a certain topic, but just for a certain amount of time. another feature would be to track…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. how can i see who read my shared onenotebook

how can i see who read my shared onenotebook

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show Recent notes on default Live Tile

In addition to all ideas asking for you to display the page content when the page gets pinned to the start screen, I'd like to see a list of my recent notes when the OneNote app itself gets pinned.

The reason is that some times, just by looking at the title of a note, I can remember what I have to do. I could create multiple lists of things to buy, one list (page) for each place I have to go.

If you display my recent notes to the live tile, it gets easier for me to remember of every…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hotkey to send text to OneNote

A Win+ hotkey to send selected text from any app to the next line below the current OneNote.
    "Send to onenote" is not very usable when you just want to continuously select and send snippets of text while working in a word doc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [New pages at the top in the pages list] Neue Seiten zu oberst in der Seiten Liste

Es ist natürlich, dass neue Einträge in einer Liste oben erscheinen. Oder erscheinen in Ihrem Outlook neue Mails unten im Posteingang?
    Meine OneNote listet zugefügte Seiten aber unten, am Ende der Liste.
    Gerne hätten wir die Option, dass neu zugefügte Seiten oben erscheinen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base