OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Onenote has defect about 'Korean Word' searching system

If you want to searching specific word in Korean. You got wrong result.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AnmQL4KecrM5gpdvSyMxZwf-QC8jsg
    It is txt file( Bible in Korean)

You can copy and paste Onenote and Word.
    Then finding this Word '이러한'
    You can see different result.
    This is such a big issue for every Onenote User.
    I can't trust Onenote Searching system. I used to using Onenote as life Note. but if this problem will continue, I'm not gonna use Onenote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Red pen" feature

"Red pen" is similar in a sense to formatting what you type but the difference is it remains on. For example, when you turn on Red pen, your typing will take on a defined set of characteristics (bold, red, background color, whatever) but even after you move your cursor, the formatting continues.

It's similar in effect to tracking changes in MS Word.

This is really useful when your updating an existing file and want to see your updates. It's also useful because you don't have to continually re-format the text with each new area you type.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The chat function should be optional. It severely limits the ability to use the notebook for more serious classroom uses.

The chat function should be optional. It severely limits the ability to use the notebook for more serious classroom uses.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. More Colors in Drawing Feature!!!!!

The text options offer dozens of color options, yet the drawing feature only offers 16. A wide array of colors is necessary to optimize drawing with One Note. In the previous version, entire art projects were possible with just a touch screen. With the Windows 10 update, the drawing lab has less to offer than the basic box of Crayola Crayons.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. drag and drop

Drag and drop content (eg, image, textbox) from one page to another.
    ie, drag the content, hover over the next tab (it shows) then keep dragging and drop in place.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We are working on a fully digital interactive notebook and need to be able to create Foldables.

We need to be able to recreate a multipage foldable within the notebook page. The ability to turn up or down a "flap" and write on one side or both sides. I realize that this might not happen yet - but would be wonderful and really eliminate the need for paper. Plus it makes a much better interactive notebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Synchronization Methodology

The methodology of synchronization seems to be very linear, in the sense that pages and sections tend to synchronize in order including all media on the pages and do not let you view them elsewhere until it's fully synchronized.

I recently restructured a 165MB notebook and it has taken a huge amount of time to synchronize it - as well as using 3.54GB worth of data on my phone. There seems to be some flaw in the way it calculates the synchronization - it could be duplicating the media uploads during the operational transformations.

During this restructuring, my notebooks dont…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sync individual sections

Ability to sync individual sections with other sections a user has access to. This allows all documentation to be completed within either notebook and removed duplicate copies and need to transfer data.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. todoist

two-way sync with Todoist (via IFTTT)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would love to have a button in the task bar that allows me to see the most recent notes I have made

I would love to have a button in the task bar that allows me to see the most recent notes I have made. The "mini notes" would display in the notification center just above the quick action buttons. I see it displaying as a note card or todo list with actionable features. such as a list made in OneNote would just display the checklist. you could then check them off as you go. Also a trash can icon or something similar would be nice on the thumbnail so you can quick delete notes that have been dealt with.
    also allow…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Info Select"

Allow "section groups", "folders" and even "notes" within each type on the left side. On the right side, the side that shows say a note, when you make something a subpage, make each level collapsible. Also, on the left side, PLEASE make it so I can use the keyboard to navigate, maybe hit the tab key to switch to each side. They way you navigate now sucks... Just saying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. OneNote Desktop and OneNote Windows store should have their own User Voice forums

They have completely different feature sets and requesting features that already exist in one version but not the other is very confusing. It makes me feel like you don't really care about either version because you don't both acknowledging that they are VERY different.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Embed in onenote

We have in Denmark a large educational online video resource/workbench site called "skoletube" where the teachers and students can upload their own videos. Is it possible to allow the embed code from that site into OneNote so we can use the features of OneNote together with skoletube?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lync Presence

Integrate Lync Presence with OneNote. This could be used to provide a live contact list for a team, that can be shared. Also enables users to expand on the notes features when having a Lync chat with someone.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add text or other content that stays unseen until double clicked.

It would be nice to be able to add text or other content that does not take up any room on your page. It would just show as an icon (or some reference) that user could double click on to view otherwise it stays out of sight.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. OneNote Importer -- allow paste in login password

When running the OneNote Importer (for Evernote) it prompts for a Microsoft account login. My password is STRONG and difficult to type, and I would normally copy (from LastPass) and paste it, but the app does not recognise CTRL-V (and there is no right-click > paste).

Suggestion: enable paste.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. same onenote cache and notebook store location for OneNote Touch and OneNote Desktop.

This is must have. There is no point in having two copies of same data to be used with different apps. It is not the case with other office apps like Excel or Word or PowerPoint. Then why does OneNote Touch and OneNote Desktop need separate notebook store location. It is a waste of space on my Surface tablet. Hey Microsoft please help us all.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. See mark of other people that editing in OneNote

Like in Word 2016 and Word Online.
    Do it also on OneNote Online.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adding grid lines on a note that has rule lined

I would greatly appreciate it if you could add the ability to add custom grid lines on a note that has rule lined enabled. Onenote only has the ability to do one and not both. Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base