OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Reduce size of large images imported from Evernote using the importer

Agree with MichaelJRees in his post "How to reduce size of large images imported from Evernote using the importer" (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_onenote-onenote_apps/how-to-reduce-size-of-large-images-imported-from/70189414-40b7-4e71-884f-3ffc5677f001).

I have lots of images in my Evernotes. They're sized to whatever screen I'm using when within any Evernote app. This is the same for any image in Onenote, when the image has been added into Onenote in the normal way.

However, when using the importer tool the images only display at native size, and are thus unusable in Onenote. This is a showstopper for me as I have so many images.

Thanks

Steve

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard is hidden on note rename

Hello; it is completely impossible to name/rename a note on a Surface Pro 3 without the physical keyboard, because the keyboard won't show up. Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please fix: Lasso select leaves "ghost lines" that show up and vanish throughout livesync with onenote cloud.

After using lasso select to select an area, and sometimes when drawing lines using the shapes tools, onenote will represent the lasso select AND my ink at the same time, and show lines that aren't really there. They will flicker back and go away with every sync to the liveserver. This happens when I draw lines using the shapes tool lines.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Tumblr

When we share photo in tumblr with onenotes, I like to send the photo with link, not only link.

Thanks & Regards,,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give option to highlight in one note for windows

In one note for windows, there is no option to highlight which is there in windows 2016. Moreover i am not able to find the way to maximize it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Turkish i problem on Windows 10 Mobile

All letters are fine but I can't type Turkish İ on Windows 10 Mobile version of OneNote.

It was working well actually, but recently this bug appeared. I waited a couple updates to write this report. Today OneNote updated again and still not fixed.

There're tons of rage about this bug on reviews (mostly in Turkish Windows Store). And there're tons of reports in Feedback hub about this problem.

Here's more information this buggy letter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dotted_and_dotless_I

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add the ability for checked tasks to disappear or move to another notebook similar to what is done with iPhone OneNote.

I would be great if I could check off a task and have it autohide but still available to unhide later or, even better, have it automatically moved to a completed tasks page with date and time of completion.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need Sync with Active Page Like Visual Studio

We need a sync with active page like Visual Studio. When you have tons of notebooks and tons of links it becomes hard to understand where you are once you start clicking on the links.

Regards,
    Mike D.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Erasing ink often doesn't work

As of 16.0.6741.2048, erasing ink on OneNote using the pen eraser often doesn't work, or works partially.
    What will happen is that sometimes erasing wouldn't erase the ink - or it would except it wouldn't refresh the view until you try to ink something over what you've erased.
    This means that if I ink something and try to erase it - it would appear as it if has not been erased, and I wouldn't know if it was actually erased or not until I tried to ink over the same area again (which would either suddenly make the old ink…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [bug] Can't change a value in a quick access toolbar when accesing it with a shortcut

OS: Windows 10, OneNote: 16.0.6965.2058 (info from Properties->Details)
    When I'm trying to change for example a font size, pressing on a value with a mouse allows me to do that. But when i do that with a shortcut, e.g. Alt+3, i hear a sound that indicates that this operation is not permitted and the value won't change. About half a year ago everything worked fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow rotation in OneNote iPhone App

currently the OneNote iPhone App does not allow the rotation of the screen when taking notes or recording voice.
    Problem: on most mobile devices the microphone is on the bottom of the device.
    being able to rotate the app I could use the microphone on top for a much better recording quality

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Separate OneNote touch from OneNote 2016

Nothing in Office or on my Surface told me there were two versions of OneNote available. When I finally found out, I also found that I could not get around the limitations of the free version in several areas-mostly in saving web articles. The free version won't go away, and the Office version can't seem to get around it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When using ink to text all resulting text should be in the same grouping.

If I write a half pages of notes with my Surface Pen, and then select it all and do an ink to text, Onenote seems to have a mind of its own on what should be grouped together. Rather than try to guess, can't Onenote assume that if the text is selected together, it should be grouped together?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. suface pro 4 Click the button on the Surface Pen to open OneNote and take a note, even when your device is locked

Update Onenote 2016 to allow Click the button on the Surface Pen to open OneNote and take a note, even when your device is locked,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Linked text for study and business with in different pages

In Microsoft we click a word - it go to another word in the file. Similarly in Microsoft we can insert link of a particular page but not a particular word in a particular page. It can be achieved by viewing onenote 2 on a single screen. Then we can link easily. This feature very important for education. To explain particular word or definition we can use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make it possible to link notes from different pages on iPad version

Even if pages are in a different section or a different book

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Variable number fields

The title might sound a bit complicated. The idea is that you would be able to have a field where you can put in a number, and then some other fields that can output some math depending on that number.

A use example could be using OneNote as a cookbook, then at the top of a recipe you could input the amount you're cooking for, then down lower at the ingedients you can see the correct amount.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Page titles should be able to wrap in the page list pane for a section

If a page title is long (and critical information like a date is at the end) some of the info is lost. It would be nice to have a configuration option to wrap a page title in the list of pages that is in a pane on the side of a onenote page.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Insert link on a picture

Now we can insert link only on a text. For more easy way , give the option to insert link on a image.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base