OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. you can include all the feature that we know and love in word for example:

you can include all the feature that we know and love in word for example: word count, sentence case, built in coffee machine and a better way to include other documents than printouts and hyperlinks, and also an easy way to convert to word document or make more suitable for printing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. While using pen ink, have hand be able to scroll, not also start inking.

As in 2013, it would be great if after writing notes, the default would be that your finger can scroll across the page, so that you can move the screen and keep writing, instead of going to move the screen across, and having ink appear from your finger. This would also help in 'smudging' from the hand whilst writing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can One Note Keyboard shortcuts be matched with Microsoft word keyboard shortcuts

While researching the keyboard short cuts for One Note, I noticed that they are different from key board short cuts for Microsoft Word.

I was wondering that it might make the user life easy if they are same for same features across office suite. In my case I was looking for increasing and reducing the text font.

Thought that I will share this.

Thank You,
    Harikrishna Lalam

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Duplicate/copy a page in two folders and make them "stay the same", so that both react to new inputs.

Duplicate/copy a page in two folders and make them "stay the same", so that both react to new inputs.

Lets say that you have a list with notes that you want to change and have in two different folders. So if you are part of two different organisations, but want to use the same organisation rules or different notes in both folders. I want the changes made to the copy in folder one to also be changed in the copy in folder two at the same time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Run other office applications inside OneNote

what about being able to choose for each individual section or tab, which Office document to run that tab as. For example: upon opening a new section or page, the user could choose to run it as a Word or Excel document etc. in a simple form. When that page is open, the menus would change to that of the respective application, there would also be the option to open the page in its respective application for full editing ability. I know this would be extensive and probably to far out, but could it not minimize the need to have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. an easy way to set up onenote for a meeting to link agenda with papers

The result we would look like a paper folder for a meeting with agenda first and direct links to all the topics' papers and personal notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. on the page date field allow skips forward and back by year and not just months

On iPad when entering the date for a page you can only move forward or backward 1 month at a time. It would be good to be able to move back or forward a year at a time. This helps to get the dates on historical pages correct

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change the default font for Page Headings exclusively/Page content exclusively.

Instead of having to manually change the font for every single page you create, or change the font of the content for every page you own manually, it would be a massive time saver to have this as an option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tag Display like Quick Steps

I have quick steps setup in Outlook to move or tag emails. I would like the same sort of window within OneNote to be able to see a set of Tags all at once. This would allow one to not have to manage a list and to be able to see 6 or 8 tags all at once like you can with the quick steps window in outlook. As always being able to pick how many you see at any given time would be a plus.Then Tag away.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. option to stop updates

add a setting to stop updates/to regress through updates so when something is buggared up you can get functionality back

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Select regions from assorted pages, display as aggregate set via named view

I frequently find that subsets of otherwise unrelated pages can combine to provide unique and useful information. Today, I can copy what I need from assorted pages into a new page, but that duplicates storage. It would be nice to use a screen clipping like utility to record page region coordinates and pin them via context menu items to target virtual layout items. Context menu targets (named views) could default to an on-the-fly, sequential page layout or be made to correspond specifically to more complex, pre-created page layout items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Cortana read aloud option for notes

Read aloud option like Edge EPUB read aloud

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a *Horizontal* variant of the Insert Space tool

I have learned to appreciate the Insert Space tool as it is, but I think that there should be a horizontal variant that 'makes space' rightwards and 'removes space' leftwards.

Maybe you could even include it in the Universal OneNote app later as well.

Thanks for reading!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multilevel

Does Microsoft have any plans in updates for OneNote to introduce the Multilevel list menu as per Microsoft Word (e.g. 1, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc)? Many students globally use OneNote but it is very frustrating that this feature is not available in OneNote. As you would be aware of the flexibility of OneNote for notetaking, it is of particular frustration to Commerce and Legal students that this feature is not available.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Angles and arrows

Showing angles while drawing arrows would be very helpful! (teacher in electricity)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. desktop shortcut

Please allow shortcuts for notebooks, sections and/or pages to be pinned to the desktop and/or taskbar (Windows 10 PC)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. of course it is a very wonderful application but still left with a single problem,Please try and improve some of the keys and various option

What I'm trying to say about the application is that it should added some certain features to help improve it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. how to fix copying tables when you need it

I have made tables and put my categories in them when I went to copy it only copied y what I put on the tables not the table

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base