How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Bring back the radial fly out menu in the W10 Store version of OneNote

On Win 8.1, Windows Store OneNote featured a radial menu allowing easy access to line colors but also thickness. This menu was removed and subsequently the ability to change line thicknesses was removed _completely_ which is a huge regression un OneNote functionality. Thicker lines allow for a nicer writing experience on the screen of Surface 3...

578 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

KrisJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

59 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carolyn Prieto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why aren't you bringing it back? Will you explain another easier way to constantly change between colours, erasers or writing tools -especially- when in full screen mode, instead of going to the top to unfold the whole tool bar.. is not about how many clicks it takes to unfold the bar tool, is about the fluidity of note taking as if you were on paper.

• Dub Dublin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new draw menu is a huge improvement, but still nowhere near as good a design as the old radial menu. *Please* bring back (at least as an option) the radial menus - they were one of the best OneNote features ever!

• regs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only if optional. For many classic popup toolbar is easier and faster to navigate.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have gone through considerable trouble to try the old onenote version on windows 10 (Surface 4 pro) to try the radial menu. I absolutely love it. I can not believe that such a convenient feature is not available a least as an option.

• Fritzly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And while you are there please add it to the entire Office suite and Windows too. MS keep publishing videos f the future of computing ad all portrayed Radial menus! In the real life it was removed form the only app that used it; it makes no sense.

• Katrin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

formsradial menu needed also in one note like it is existing in word Jet.

• Chris Choate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add my name to the list of people wanting the radial menu back. That was such a convenient tool.

• Tomas Petricek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used the OneNote App on Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8.1 heavily and I absolutely loved the radial menu. It made it extremely easy to switch between pen & eraser and I used the ability to choose easily custom colors (via nested menus) all the time. Now that this has been removed from OneNote in Windows 10, I find it extremely cumbersome to access all the features of OneNote that I'm used to from the Windows 8.1 app version. Please consider bringing radial menu back to the app & adding it to the desktop version too!

[Cross-post from: https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums/327186-onenote-for-windows-windows-phone/suggestions/6204543-include-radial-menu-in-desktop-onenote]

• Tomas Petricek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used the OneNote App on Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8.1 heavily and I absolutely loved the radial menu. It made it extremely easy to switch between pen & eraser and I used the ability to choose easily custom colors (via nested menus) all the time. Now that this has been removed from OneNote in Windows 10, I find it extremely cumbersome to access all the features of OneNote that I'm used to from the Windows 8.1 app version. Please consider bringing radial menu back to the app & adding it to the desktop version too!

• sketch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want it. It can be made optional for people who need it so desperately for their convenience.

"In general, make the desktop version more conducive to handwriting notes."

strongly agree

out of my experience (OneNote 2016 with surface 3) it is faster and easier to go for the standard menus instead of using the radial menu.

but: you need to create an extra menu with all your favorite pen related functions for easy access or else you have to constantly switch between menus.

Would be nice to see the radial menu in the full screen / expansive mode of OneNote desktop

please bring back radial menu for onenote, especially add in to desktop onenote 2016 for full screen or normal mode

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base