How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Group objects and anchor ink to text and images

Select objects (Handwritings, pictures or text) and group them using right mouse click menu to move objects easily! This also prevents unexpected shifting and enables working with multiple layers.

1,752 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chiu Kit Lam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

348 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chey Fregon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was disgruntled to find, after sifting through the web for a while, that this is not a thing, and the forums go back years requesting this feature. We love using OneNote in my department, but when I'm making a sharable book that has things like interactive to-do lists, etc. I don't want someone to accidentally delete anything (especially when they are new- who hasn't done this and felt awful?).

I have backups and templates created, but it's a lot of work to fix a deletion, and it doesn't restore the data that was deleted that may not be backed up real-time.

I work in education, and I second, third, fourth, infinity the teachers who've noted this same thing. Sure, we can snip or screenshot to manually group things, but some sort of anchor function, which is native in so many other Windows apps, seems like an essential function...yet it's never been added?

This seems ludicrous.

• Matt Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. This is a MUST have feature. Moving items around (especially drawings) is too frustrating without it.

• FJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add the ability to anchor texts to pdf/images. Otherewise, what is the point if text moves/disappears behind layers? This is a serious lack in feature.

• Rocky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really is ridiculous. I just assumed it would be there but my search took me here. Very disappointing. Just when I was going to recommend it too!

• nr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are we still waiting on this????? I dont even think anyone from MS is paying attention here....

• JW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this should have been a feature in OneNote ages ago. It's a feature in Word, in Power Point and probably in Publisher too. Why is it not in OneNote yet?!

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed addition. How did nobody at Microsoft think of it originally?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People have been asking for this in onenote for years. Forget it. Your requests are falling on deaf ears with Microsoft. Look for another drawing app that does it.

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

using OneNote as Wiki, please add this feature like in PowerPoint.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base