How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Windows: Mindmap functionality

I like to organise my ideas in a Mindmap then add some meat to the bones in OneNote. Adding mindmap functionality would make it a one stop shop for me. Todo lists, project plans etc can all be drafted up in one place.

2,060 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Declan Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

141 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course not, that would require you to listen to your customers and add the capabilities that they are requesting to increase our productivity - NOT the Microsoft way of doing business.....

• Willian Ma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have a mashing IDEA!!! what about allowing to link mindmap nodes to specific pages (through "copy link to paragraph" links) it would be awesome, so we mindmap all our projects, artifacts, etc, and can easily get to the main project page of each project/artifact/study/report.

It would be amazing! and it would ease us to manage our time and priorities.

• Willian Ma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved the coggle.it style, please consider making similar, and don't forget to allow creation of relationships. (same as "create a link" between nodes in coggle). and please, allow more colors if possible

• Rafael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote would benefit so much if it would implement "concept mapping" (i.e. a graph of concepts), and not just a tree as in "mind maps"

• Jakub G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 please. Mind maps are one of the best note taking tools, and OneNote is the best note taking app... please integrate the two...

• Mike Doraey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And now Microsoft is Sunsetting OneNote 2016, the add-ons for mind mapping in OneNote 2016 are not available for the "new" OneNote app installed in Windows 10. Yet another step backwards.

I still do not hear of any plans by Microsoft to add its own mindmapping functionality.

• Bill Leask commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on MS, isn't it obvious that a note taking tool should have its own mindmapping functionality? Been waiting an age for this

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They've added the ability to integrate MindMeister into Microsoft Teams - why not look for MindMeister integration with OneNote?

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple mind map function similar to Freemind would be a great addition to OneNote. Nothing too fancy - just simple to use like everything else in OneNote.

• Jeremy Stein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to happen; you could very well make Mind Jet redundant. It would greatly benefit collaboration in my workplace

• Michael Pilgrim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know there's already a suggestion of having an actual mind map function (great idea btw). But I'd also like a View option which maps out all your notes / sections / pages in a mind map type display

• Michael Pilgrim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to view (and edit) my notes in a mind map type display - similar to scapple - where I can see all my sections and pages and perhaps even choose which sections / pages appear in the mind map type display

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you're mind mapping you need to get your ideas unimpeded and let them flow onto your paper. The Surface Pen would be great for this because it's the most natural way of entering information. We need a way to have OneNote recognize Pen writing, convert it to a mind map, and have some basic mind mapping functions.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base