How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

One OneDrive folder for all personal notebooks using every app on every platform

This idea concerns not only Windows, but OneNote usage across all platforms and app connectors.

I noticed while using Microsoft Teams, when I created a new personal notebook, Teams created a new folder on my OneDrive called Notebooks. Although I already had another folder for my OneNote files. I then tested my Android phone and when I create a new OneNote here, it's save to the root folder of my OneDrive. I tried to out where OneNote stores it's first notebook and it's also stored in the root folder of OneDrive.

So what I would like is that all instances of OneNote use the same folder on my OneDrive to store OneNote files. Maybe best practices to not store them in the root folder and use for example the Notebooks folder. This way OneNote's with the same name are not created in multiple folders, causing confusion about which is the correct file I was working in.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Niels van de Coevering shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base