How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

local

I use OneNote for business purposes, but for security reasons I am not allowed to store it in any cloud service that is external to my company. I am currently using the 2016 OneNote Desktop app, which allows local storage.

Please put a mechanism in place that will allow storage of data locally, without any need for cloud access.

Otherwise I'm sure myself, and many others that use OneNote at work will have to find something else.

I've been an avid proponent of OneNote since 2004... it would be a shame to have to give up on it after all these years...

154 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, agree with the original poster. Please include the ability to keep notes on local storage.

• Krista commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, very much wish for this.

If nothing else, being able to run our *own* on premises server is necessary. Integration with OneNote Android would be killer, too.

We have notes on data we *can't* contractually put on the cloud, or any devices outside of our direct control.

• dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes and yes! Project notes that can not be stored with the other files related to the project in a private network!? This is seriously hurting our documentation ability. Our office went to Onenote for all project notes years ago, and now, we can not open and save back into that file.

• JC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They really put the cart before the horse on this one. Before they started shoving this little mobile app down our throats, they should have made it at least as capable as the desktop app.

This is really a service issue. You don't force something on people—you make it so good, they wouldn't want anything else!

Feedback and Knowledge Base