Add ability to sort Pages
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. Here are some of the results of the survey –
• Sorting is needed for pages, sections, and notebooks
• Sorting should persist while navigating, after close of notebook, across all devices, and be seen by people they share the notebook with
• Current OneNote users want the following sorts – alphabetical, date created, and date modified
• We heard from a lot of users who wanted to set section lists and page lists in a sort that they wouldn’t change often, but there was also a set of users who mentioned that they would want to live in a certain sort order, but switch to another sort order as an aid to locate specific items within their list
Thank you again for your responses. This information helps us understand the experience we need to build to match your needs.
Benoit Bourgeault commented
I can't believe this is not a built-in feature...I've got thousands of sections and pages all random in my OneNote...My users are also complaining...Simple common sense.
Hello, There is one big one missing on the "gathering feedback" comments. We also need a way to sort email "pages" by date the email was sent, not just by date it was added to the OneNote!
In addition, we need to be able to sort "by conversations" and then by date received, i.e. like in Outlook when all of the same emails in the same email chain are grouped together.
One Note would otherwise be a great tool for archiving emails, but without these functions it's VERY difficult.
Dustin Plourde commented
It would also be great if you could customize a setting for OneNote to sort by Notebook color per the user's preferences. It becomes a pain to drag and the notebooks where I need them every time I make a new one. Also Currently it is impossible to even move the Notebooks on the mobile app, which is beyond frustrating since I'm a neat freak. I could bear with this limitation on the mobile app if it used the desktop order for the Notebooks.
- Personalized color-coded sorting (ideally being able to create different preferences for Notebooks, sections, and pages)
- Keep organization consistent between all devices
Anthony Castro commented
Seems like this should be pretty basic functionality out of the box
PLEASE add the ability to sort pages, either or both by Alphabetically, or Date Created/revised.
Qasim Shahid commented
This should be a default sorting capability.
i tihk so too.
Sort By Date, Sort By Date, Sort By Date, Sort By Date, Sort By Date, Sort By Date,
ON ALL VERSIONS
Frank Gillett commented
This is a major gap and big reason for staying with Evernote.
lol, just deployed OneNote 2019(!) and amazingly enough, the feature is still missing.. Rather than curving icons and changing the ribbon's color scheme, why not actually work on adding new features? It's just bizar that I still need to rely on a 3rd party plugin for such basic features as "Sort".. Guys, come on!!
Kevin L. Nix commented
PLEASE...add the capability to sort pages by alphabetical order and/or by date for Onenote in ALL operating systems. This should be a feature of Onenote and NOT an add-in.