How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Record Video Like You Can in OneNote 2016!!

I would like the video recording feature to be returned! I need to be able to continue recording videos into my OneNote. Not linking---recording directly from OneNote.

147 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

J.O. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Across Ireland, recording video presentations for our new Junior Cycle curriculum is a specific requirement. Please include this feature.

• Chris Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I literally tried to use this previously available feature tonight in my law school class. I don't know what brainiac thought it would be a great idea to reduce functionality, but seriously? Linked notes to the video worked great.

I thought we would try to improve programs--not make them worse?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's funny how they seem to purposely miss the record video feature in the basic OneNote while it has the "take a picture from camera" option and OneNote 2016 has the record video while it misses the "take a picture from camera" option. I'm going back to Apple, their app (Pages) can handle both features.

• Katrina Rigby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! Especially for teachers, I have my students create skits and presentations using the video record feature all the time! Why would Microsoft take it away?

Feedback and Knowledge Base