How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Keep Outlook Integration In OneNote for Windows (Like 2016)

One of the most powerful feature is the ability to tag things as Outlook Tasks. Also the ability to create a OneNote page from a meeting. These features are the heart and soul of OneNote.

653 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vicky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steven Petrillo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is simply ridiculous that MS could not leave OneNote 2016 alive, while moving functionality that we love in the 2016 version to the UWP version. You have seriously taken a real step back with this change and I need to now find other options. I cannot believe that here it is April 2019 and this is not back.

• BTF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to create a task in OneNote and have it show up in Outlook is brilliant. Losing that would be like losing my left hand.Please, please, please add that to OneNote for Windows.

• Ted Langevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integration with Outlook tasks is a key reason why we adopted OneNote in the first place. Please bring this feature back!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality is essential to migrate to OneNote for Windows from OneNote 2016.

I agree with all comments, and I ask: would Microsoft chance it or not? and when?

outlook contact linking would be awesome!
    create and link to outlook tasks must come back!

Outlook Integration is a must for me in my daily workflow. I rely on it to keep track of Outlook tasks (using Flags), Outlook Meeting Notes, Linked Notes, emailing Page content to people who don't have access to the Shared Notebook (via a single command: Ctrl-Shift-E). It works great, and I'm an evangelist for the Desktop version.
    The Windows 10 version seems like a step backwards to the Desktop version. Why would you want to do this? Why not just give us the option to use the version that works for us? Why are you taking so much screen real estate in the W10 version? I'm going to hold on to the Desktop version as long as I can. We're already looking at alternatives: Confluence and JIRA.
    Good news: I just found out Windows-Shift-S replaced Windows-S to take a Screen Clipping. The Screen Clipping ends up in your Clipboard and press Ctrl-V to paste it.

- Link to Outlook tasks.
    - Button within Outlook to send email to OneNote
    - Link to local folders

What make OneNote integrated with our PC

• C. Yusuf Mumtaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tasks can be connected with To-Do (as Outlook will also be connected); but linking OneNote pages to Contacts, emails, etc. would be very useful.

• Deb Cullerton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As time management consultants, we've convinced 1000's to use OneNote because of the task integration. We also teach it in our Meeting Effectiveness classes and it drives usage internally. Why would you ever drop this feature?

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As many others have said, Outlook integration is absolutely essential. I need the ability to create meeting notes from a calendar item at a very minimum before I could ever consider using "OneNote for Windows 10". I guess I'm sticking with 2016.

For team collaboration it's essential to have the Outlook integration. Otherwise we are back in the stone age of paper book organizer.

• Bartosz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bring all Outlook Desktop integrations from OneNote 2016 to OneNote for Windows

• PCC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Surface, New OneNote, lost the ability to send email to a OneNote page very sad! Need to copy and paste now, kind of clunky. I agree with others, this functionality was very cool and powerful, hope to see it back soon.Considering going back to OneNote 2016 in the meantime

What idiot in Microsoft decided to take the most sought after functionality out of the product?

I was moving to OneNote from evernote BECAUSE of that functionality... if its taken away I won't migrate to OneNote.

• Mary Branscombe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can turn this on in the Insider version of Outlook already, under Settings - you pick modern OneNote instead of desktop; needs Office 365 licence possibly

In 2008 I started working with Onenote. One of the most powerfull features was the integration with Outlook.
    Every meeting, e-mail (including attachments) send to Onenote with only one click on the button took away a lot of work.
    Please give it back :-)

• Geoff Prior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I made the switch from Evernote to OneNote mostly because of the Outlook integrations. And creating a Task by using the Flag Tag is one of the most powerful. It needs to stay. Mind you, I won't be moving from the 2016 version till this feature is enabled.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base