How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Keep Outlook Integration In OneNote for Windows (Like 2016)

One of the most powerful feature is the ability to tag things as Outlook Tasks. Also the ability to create a OneNote page from a meeting. These features are the heart and soul of OneNote.

267 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vicky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PCC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Surface, New OneNote, lost the ability to send email to a OneNote page very sad! Need to copy and paste now, kind of clunky. I agree with others, this functionality was very cool and powerful, hope to see it back soon.Considering going back to OneNote 2016 in the meantime

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What idiot in Microsoft decided to take the most sought after functionality out of the product?

I was moving to OneNote from evernote BECAUSE of that functionality... if its taken away I won't migrate to OneNote.

• Mary Branscombe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can turn this on in the Insider version of Outlook already, under Settings - you pick modern OneNote instead of desktop; needs Office 365 licence possibly

In 2008 I started working with Onenote. One of the most powerfull features was the integration with Outlook.
        Every meeting, e-mail (including attachments) send to Onenote with only one click on the button took away a lot of work.
        Please give it back :-)

• Geoff Prior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I made the switch from Evernote to OneNote mostly because of the Outlook integrations. And creating a Task by using the Flag Tag is one of the most powerful. It needs to stay. Mind you, I won't be moving from the 2016 version till this feature is enabled.

There are so many features that were lost in regards to meeting notes.

1. The Outlook button that launches a onenote page with meeting details automatically populated.

2. Automatic attendee participation

3. Ability to easily email a meeting page to attendees. Now, you only have the share button to send a copy, and it must use the "modern" Mail app to email, can't use Outlook. And you have to manually have to type in participant's email addresses to send to.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, without this OneNote is not powerful enough for Me. I will need to switch to another system.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. If this feature is not on OneNote - then I will find another system. This, as per the other comments is what makes OneNote so powerful, as meeting/project/team management tool. Lose this and we may as well go back to producing Word documents & separate email attachments.

• Marc Rohde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree with this. If I can't quickly create a note from Outlook OneNote isn't worth using for me. I would convert back to Evernote.

• Rob C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is the integration with outlook that swayed me to OneNote over EverNote. Loose that, loose the completive edge IMO

Feedback and Knowledge Base