How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Send to OneNote from Outlook

Outlook allows me to "copy" an e-mail via "Send to OneNote" into a page. This is only working with the OneNote 2016 desktop app. It would be great if I could send an e-mail to the UWP OneNote app.

160 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Denise Vajdak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, definitely. I know we can "print" to OneNote app, but that puts a static image, not clickable text.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've decided to shift to UWP OneNote, so it's disconcerting to have OneNote 365 Desktop open up when I send and email to OneNote. I'm hoping to be able to uninstall OneNote 365 Desktop someday (will that ever be possible?) but I wonder what will happen to "Send to OneNote" if that happens.

• Douglas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone below, the experience of uses and time savers from this fraternity below, shows all how powerful this tool can be in addition to what we're making the best of.
        Convenience, & speed, is the benefit.

• Taylor Hensson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, this function is absolutely essential for me!
        I still have the OneNote button in Outlook but it always wants to send it to OneNote 2016 instead of the "new" OneNote. If that could be fixed, and also the same feature could be added for the mobile outlook app, it would be a real dream.
        Forwarding the email to me@onenote.com is an alternative solution that I'm using for now but it annoys me that I can not choose the notebook/section i want to send it to then.

• tapb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And to include the "Search" box to quickly find a page or section.

• TracieT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the key reason why i uninstalled the app and re-installed OneNote 2016 Desktop - i use the send to OneNote feature every day all day and from all my installed applications. I have multiple notebooks with dozens of sections in each so being able to send straight from Outlook/Word etc to the correct notebook and section and page is fantastic. Importing meetings from Outlook is also used everyday (I haven't been able to find this in the app) ... all key MS integrations that the app is sadly lacking.

• Harriet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use this as part of how I archive emails - I'll frequently pick them apart and rewrite snippets of information into actual documentation. I mostly use onenote 2016 just for this function now - and then move them in UWP win10 onenote.

• Chaz Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be especially useful for business customers that use the full Outlook experience. Really, there should be 1 mail client for WIndows 10 and features should unlock / change based on O365 subscription and if you're using your corporate account or personal accounts.

The Windows 10 mail client cannot retain the formatting like Outlook and OneNote 2016 can.

Feedback and Knowledge Base