How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Need paper size options!

The infinite paper size being the only option forces me to keep using OneNote 2016 or a simple pdf editor instead of OneNote for Windows 10. It is impossible to export anything from OneNote if I cannot tell where the page ends--it always will format horribly.

206 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got off a Customer Service Chat about this exact issue and was directed here to vote as well. Frustrating that this was functionality available in Print to OneNote 2016 (where you could select any number of pretty basic paper sizes) and Print to OneNote is limited to A4 & Letter only. I use plenty of documents that are 11x17 and contain scale drawings that I like to keep in OneNote for quick reference. Scaling things down shouldn't be the only option :(

The lack of this option makes OneNote *useless* to me. I used to use it all the time on my older tablets. Recently upgraded to a windows 10 tablet. I cannot use this for my purposes anymore.

• DC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So much empty space in the margin if I want to print out an article that I clipped, it should utilize the whole 8.5X11 page...

• John Aalegaard Larsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can Only confirm the stress to this. OneNote is so good now, i can do everything except Tagging, doing Reminders, but most important. print my Pages. I can only be bring my Tablet with me. and when i wants to share my pages with others. I Have to let my tablet travel around for all members attending the meeting.
        Cause the printing is horrible. It even divides Pictures in half. i'm almost laughing.
        All the best To you Microsoft developers. Looking forward to the next step

• Reece Adragna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this will be the only supported version of OneNote, it is absolutely necessary to be able to set page size.

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have thousands of Pages of OneNote in our company and printing pages of forms and info is now a mess using One Note for Windows 10. It's a disaster. All reports we have to use a system with OneNote 2016 setup on it.

10 steps backwards

• Javier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's ridiculous this was removed in the "better" version, how do you expect anything to be print or exported without breaking all the formatting? Devs are out of touch with their own product.

• Stacy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe paper sizing is missing from this version of OneNote. Such a basic and much needed/used feature. Will revert back to using OneNote 2016 if this cannot be added ASAP.

• jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you should make the screens less complicated because they are sometimes hard to get to!.

Great! As suggested it is necessary to give the opportunity to write with an infinite scroll of paper, like Word does, choosing the format (like A4, A3 etc).

• Lewis Ham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Or it would be helpful to be able to add gridlines that correlate with paper sizes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base