How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Need paper size options!

The infinite paper size being the only option forces me to keep using OneNote 2016 or a simple pdf editor instead of OneNote for Windows 10. It is impossible to export anything from OneNote if I cannot tell where the page ends--it always will format horribly.

369 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others have said, this is a requirement for notetaking software. Please, Microsoft I want to believe but I can't print my notes! I can't export them to any usable format. You know people take and share notes with one another right! Please! Please!

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use One Note exclusively for college, but what a hassle when I need to print some notes or homework.. I have to insert spaces to get the page break to look ok.. windows OneNote is worthless to me, other than having the ruler option.. but I prefer 2016

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a real killer, having a page with no boundaries may have some theoretical esoteric benefits for cross platform use, but practically is a seriously retrograde step. By all means make a boundary-less setup possible, but don't punish your regular users by losing the ability to have fixed margins.

PLEASE think again and re-introduce this very basic feature. I continuously recommend the use of OneNote to my friends, but that is become difficult when it is increasingly clumsy to use. It has become an embarrassment now.

• Achia Cohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you serious? I can't move to office 2019 because there isn't OneNote in it and I can't use OneNote of windows 10 without be able to change the page size.
    For god's sake, people need to print their work, how can they do that with infinite sheet?

• Sami Ortoleva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the love of god, either allow us to set the page width, or add an option to scale the width of printouts to the max width of the notes so that printing actually works.

I don't know how, after this many years, a simple scaling option for printing is still unavailable. This is a basic feature for a note-taking application. It was in the desktop version of OneNote.

What is the holdup?

• Caitlyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having only an infinite page is extremely annoying, not being able to choose a page size and see where it ends severely limits OneNote and makes it nearly useless for me.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. Also the print margins for import prints into onenote (by the onenote-printer) are much to big (should be set to 0!)

• M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. Need to print notes for work and cannot find the A4 page option. No idea how to change this. Don't want to bother with having to shift all my work from OneNote for Windows to OneNote 2016. Stuck now, and can't move forward. Very disappointed.

• Christian Schmitz-Moormann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using a grid as background is a way less than perfect work-around. Please bring the option for page sizes from Onenote 2016 to Onenote for Windows 10.

Adding my voice to this discussion. Setting paper size and margins is an absolute requirement for any product that I am going to share or print. Please elevate this to the top of the list.

Just got off a Customer Service Chat about this exact issue and was directed here to vote as well. Frustrating that this was functionality available in Print to OneNote 2016 (where you could select any number of pretty basic paper sizes) and Print to OneNote is limited to A4 & Letter only. I use plenty of documents that are 11x17 and contain scale drawings that I like to keep in OneNote for quick reference. Scaling things down shouldn't be the only option :(

The lack of this option makes OneNote *useless* to me. I used to use it all the time on my older tablets. Recently upgraded to a windows 10 tablet. I cannot use this for my purposes anymore.

• Nancy Pan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really annoys me that I cannot set up the page size when I print the note.

• DC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So much empty space in the margin if I want to print out an article that I clipped, it should utilize the whole 8.5X11 page...

• John Aalegaard Larsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can Only confirm the stress to this. OneNote is so good now, i can do everything except Tagging, doing Reminders, but most important. print my Pages. I can only be bring my Tablet with me. and when i wants to share my pages with others. I Have to let my tablet travel around for all members attending the meeting.
    Cause the printing is horrible. It even divides Pictures in half. i'm almost laughing.
    All the best To you Microsoft developers. Looking forward to the next step

• Reece Adragna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this will be the only supported version of OneNote, it is absolutely necessary to be able to set page size.

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have thousands of Pages of OneNote in our company and printing pages of forms and info is now a mess using One Note for Windows 10. It's a disaster. All reports we have to use a system with OneNote 2016 setup on it.

10 steps backwards

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base