How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Templates in UWP

If you're going to remove OneNote from Office 2019 and recommend people use the less full featured OneNote UWP app...you need to add pageTemplates from OneNote 2016/365 to the UWP app.

All functionality for Page Templates,
Creating a template
Saving a template
Using a Template as default for a note section

562 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

John Wildes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris Conley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bonus points if you can setup templates to be automatically used when creating a OneNote Page from an Outlook Meeting. (UWP OneNote needs to be integrated with Outlook first, though.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have sold Onenote 2016 as a default program to my entire team and it is part of our shared meeting-software now. However - this depends fully on having templates.
        Will these be back and when?

• ko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along the same lines, renaming a template would also be a nice

• Plymouth Sid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh dear!

There seems to be an underlying policy ~ Do NOT support the functionality of "legacy" apps by wrecking them

Bah!

Specifically, a number of my "notes" are based upon various templates (generated specifically, in the main, to aid printing on A4. I now need to remove the underlying template and I cannot do so !

bah ! Again

Plymouth Sid

• KKendall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been on OneNote 2016 and REALLY like/use the templates. This deficiency in OneNote UWP forces me to create everything in OneNote 2016 and let it sync over. Of interest, when the sync happens, not everything necessarily syncs, in particular ruled lines.

Whaaatttt?? They are removing templates? Why? It's the best feature! Back to Evernote I go...

Templates are key to efficiency - as a note-taking software, templates are extremely helpful in staying organized. Evernote actually just added that feature and it's incredible! I have been utilizing both for some time now, but it looks like Microsoft is taking away the features that other companies have created because they know how important they are! Add templates that are modern and simple, not with the old Microsoft background designs like the ones in 2016. At least add in a feature where people can design their note page and then save it as a template.

• Amelia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't understand why the template feature has been stripped out. I used to rave about onenote and showing people to do list feature was a real seller, please tell us that it will be added to the Windows 10 version, this is the only version i currently have access to

You will also need the Skype for business add-in. We cannot take notes from the meeting anymore

• Philippe Bruno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, add the missing features ASAP. Because the feeling we get with this new "light" OneNote UWP is like we are forced to use WordPad instead of Word!

• Jerry Bradford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put these back in OneNote. We've integrated templates into all of our Administrative meetings, staff meetings and even use for simple fillable forms. We NEED these. It's a major reason we cannot adopt the UWP app in our school district.

• Andrea Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHAT!!! I hope they don't get rid of the full version of OneNote, it is amazing and I just can't use the one online because it lacks the functionality of the full version, does not have the accessibility add on, and is just horrible in comparison.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base