How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Win: Integrate tasks and tags across OneNote, Outlook (desktop/web/app), Windows 10 mail/cal, and Microdoft To-Do app.

Integrate tasks and tags across OneNote, Outlook (desktop/web/app), Windows 10 mail/cal, and Microdoft To-Do app.

396 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kirk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been teaching productivity using Outlook and OneNote for 12 years and using outlook for a lot longer. One of the strongest features is the tasking feature. It give me the ability to see all of my task commitments along side my calendar time commitments. The ability to tie tasks from OneNote to Outlook is critical as it allows you to have all your commitments in one place.

To remove that capability making one note independent, and adding planner and teams and two other separate places, now all my task are spread out in 4 separate places and it is difficult to know when I am overcommitting and I have to constantly track 4 different lists in 4 different places.

It is a MAJOR step backwards for functionality and for usability to remove these from the Windows 10 version the desktop version of OneOne stops being developed. In fact as Michael shared this, the functionality should be not removed, but rather added across all the platforms Including the one he missed, Mac.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Outlook integration (taks) must be taken over in the app! This function is very usefull, I can’t work without it....

We use 1N to take meeting notes, so we use the Tasks a LOT, every week. The issue is that it's very clunky, and it takes a lot of time to add a lot of them to a page.

• Geoff Prior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally, I'd be very happy to see this continue in the Windows 10 version. Currently only available on the Office version I believe...

• Vicky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have tags that could be used in MS Office applications also. For instance, when reading a word doc I want to "tag" some content and add it to OneNote. Or Excel, I want to "tag" items in a spreadsheet so that I can follow up on them.

I would also like to have Cortana plug into this integration, since Cortana's tasks/todos appear to be separate from the Microsoft To-Do app, outlook, Windows 10 mail, and OneNote.

Feedback and Knowledge Base