How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Improved Tag User Experience

For tags, as a user, I expect to be able to select any color for any of the symbols. For instance, for the color scheme of my notebook, red stands out best, but it is not a color option on most of the tag symbols I want to use for customized tags.
Also, as a user, I expect the application to have the functionality--such as in Word--for the user to be able to select any symbol from a wide variety of fonts. (Potential code reuse opportunity here?)

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeanne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminOneNote Team (User Researcher, OneNote Team) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you very much to all of you who took the survey. The survey will close today, Wednesday the 18th at 1 pm PST. If you have started the survey, please complete by that time.

Preliminary results indicate that icons around shopping and home activities are needed as much as business-related icons. 23% of you sometimes use the same icon for a tag but with a different display name. The display name and icon are the most important components of a custom tag. And I hear you, having the ability to create custom tags on the MAC is a must.

• Andra Gregory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll take the survey, but WAY MORE IMPORTANT than tag icons is really just being able to have a dynamic list of tags that refreshes. For example: As a user I want to be able to take any type of notes across pages and sections, and use the To Do tags within the notes. Then I ALSO want a summary page that shows ALL notes tagged as To Dos, and have that list on a page automatically updated so it's always up-to-date with the latest and greatest To Dos. This to me would bring OneNote from an awesome note-taking tool to THE ULTIMATE productivity tool (for me and across my org). Please make this possible...! Thanks, Andra

Feedback and Knowledge Base