How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

OneNote needs crop tool

I LOVE OneNote - I'm an instructor and work for a couple Microsoft Training Partners. PLEASE add the ability in OneNote to crop an image.

684 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sally shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the crop, rotate, table of contents, and calendar features from the Onetastic add-in. Hoping to have them in the W10 app because I use them regularly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that you can't crop in onenote! IT is after all a kind of scrap book

PLEASE for the love of all that is good and great add the crop tool to the application already!

I can't believe it is 2019 and you still haven't added the ability to crop photos in tablet mode.

It's 2018 Microsoft! Get your act together and just add a cropping tool into the application. The application is better than the online version, yet is the version of the two that doesn't have a cropping tool! Some people in previous comments have mentioned OneNote 2013, and there is now OneNote 2016, so it is obvious that community feedback is not important to you. If a cropping tool isn't added I may as well stop using Microsoft products and use other ones.

• Mike Atkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Available in the Online version, but not in the app or full OneNote 2016. OneNote on my 5285 tablet is so close to being the tool I need. Just add the ability to crop photos taken and embedded!

• Federico Cassissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote for windows 10 should allow cropping pictures in the picture tab. The option should also be available for pdfs imported as pictures!

• David Burg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not simply associating double-click with the default image editor configured in Windows? No need for custom image tooling, just open the image in the default handler for the format.

• Denise Vajdak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should not have to download a 3rd party app (OneTastic) to get a BASIC function for images in the full desktop client (ON2016). This has 300 votes. How many until it becomes a reality?

There are already two cropping tools in place.

1. Right click on an image and select "crop", or

2. Or just use the snipping tool.

There are better screen capture and image edit tools out there -- utilize one of them, and don't over-burden an already good OneNote application. It's not intended to be everything for everyone.

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One note has a crop tool. Right click on a image, and a button says crop.

• Aren Cambre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Important for people on devices with cameras. I can take a pictures with my Surface Pro, but I can't crop unnecessary picture content.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base