How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

OneNote needs crop tool

I LOVE OneNote - I'm an instructor and work for a couple Microsoft Training Partners. PLEASE add the ability in OneNote to crop an image.

757 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sally shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • smak858 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed, it's 2019 & crop STILL not available. Defeats the point of Insert File Printout function if you have to fiddle about with other screen clippings to eliminate huge blank areas of uncroppable screen shot. These are all O365 files, come on Microsoft, get with it!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! Additionally, add keystone correction too, as you can do when you take a photo inside the mobile OneNote app.

• Andrew Macaulay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote for Windows 10 (not desktop) really needs this feature! Please consider adding it as a matter of urgency. Until then, I will have to continue using OneNote 2016.

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any point asking for features on this site?
    Microsoft rarely listens anyway....

I print to OneNote frequently and document testing results under it. Some times there is almost a full "empty" page before you get to the notes. It would be great to "cut" off the bottom of the empty page to pull my notes up instead of the big empty space.

• Karyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the crop, rotate, table of contents, and calendar features from the Onetastic add-in. Hoping to have them in the W10 app because I use them regularly.

I can't believe that you can't crop in onenote! IT is after all a kind of scrap book

PLEASE for the love of all that is good and great add the crop tool to the application already!

I can't believe it is 2019 and you still haven't added the ability to crop photos in tablet mode.

It's 2018 Microsoft! Get your act together and just add a cropping tool into the application. The application is better than the online version, yet is the version of the two that doesn't have a cropping tool! Some people in previous comments have mentioned OneNote 2013, and there is now OneNote 2016, so it is obvious that community feedback is not important to you. If a cropping tool isn't added I may as well stop using Microsoft products and use other ones.

• Mike Atkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Available in the Online version, but not in the app or full OneNote 2016. OneNote on my 5285 tablet is so close to being the tool I need. Just add the ability to crop photos taken and embedded!

• Federico Cassissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote for windows 10 should allow cropping pictures in the picture tab. The option should also be available for pdfs imported as pictures!

Having the crop tool is essential. It should be an easy add it, so just Do IT!

• David Burg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not simply associating double-click with the default image editor configured in Windows? No need for custom image tooling, just open the image in the default handler for the format.

• Denise Vajdak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should not have to download a 3rd party app (OneTastic) to get a BASIC function for images in the full desktop client (ON2016). This has 300 votes. How many until it becomes a reality?

There are already two cropping tools in place.

1. Right click on an image and select "crop", or

2. Or just use the snipping tool.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base