How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Allow collapsing of multiple levels of sub-pages

Would be great if we could have the ability to collapse pages like this:

Suppose we have a section for a course, say MATH.

MATH (collapsible)
Module 1 (Collapsible)
Module 2 (Collapsible)
(etc etc)

Right now, only the first level (MATH) is collapsible.

Thanks!

811 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fabrice shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

117 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Heather Mann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ah - I misunderstood. Only the top level is collapsible, not sub sections. My bad. Yes, +1 for this!

• Heather Mann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My OneNote (Office 365 Click to Run) has this. Hover over the parent page, right click and Collapse Subpages is an option near the bottom of the list. You'll then have an down arrow to the right of the parent page title to indicate there are subpages hidden. HTH

• Bia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+99 pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls for the love of Johnny make this happen!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering how much this features is wished for and the apparent effort to implement it, I don't understand why we still don't have it after all these years...

• Ariance EDMI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Super vote on this! This is so important and convenient to have. So hassle to move a subpage with lost of subpages under it.

• Brent Knorr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for this, it is very cumbersome to not be able to collapse sub subpages

• Cody Sprague commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can make anything a "subpage" but only one level for collapsing? what a cluttered mess. Fix it now please.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't use OneNote until we are able to collapse subpages! Really need this programme, but must search for one that allows collapsible subpages in the mean time.

• Bryan Coon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is done? You can collapse subpages in the free desktop version of OneNote. The collapse icon isn't visible until you hover over the parent page though.

• Steven Nobile commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice if you stack your collapsed PageContent objects that everything wasn't moved when you expand one. There should be an option to pin the PageContent object

• Sophie K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years!!! How is it possible? It's really frustrating! This is a simple fix, how is it possible you don't consider us at this point? Why did you give us the possibility to tell you what doesn't work, and then ignore us in this way?

• James Pstrzoch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not agree more with the expressions of frustration listed by my fellow users! This is an easy fix and in actuality it should not be considered as a fix, but rather Microsoft should strive to make the functionality of online versions of their applications to be identicle in functuality as the download versions of the same software.

Please and thank you!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base