How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

edge to onenote

Please make it easier to tell which notebook a web page will be going to. I've got a lot of notebooks and can never tell where a web page has gone. There seems to be an option to prompt for a notebook, but I can't seem to make that work either. I am very hopeful about the possibilities, but can't seem to just get to the right notebook to start with.

19 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

RE Harrison Crossville TN USA shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this something that is hard to do. If you are killing IE why not make this feature work with edge.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simple. Enable linked notes to work with the Edge Browser. (currently this only works with Internet Explorer).

• Mox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, users of Edge should be able to choose where a OneNote clipping will be located, just like users of other browsers can do.

Because the OneNote Clipper extension to the Google Chrome browser provides such a location picker, and Edge does not, I continue to use Chrome for all web-browser activity for I which I might require the full utility of OneNote or OneNote 2016-- so that I can pick and choose where the clipping will be stored in my OneNote notebooks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base