OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Onenote for Windows should get Search Capabilities (OCR)

I prefer the layout of OneNote for Windows however I had to recently switch to OneNote 2016 after discovering that it had search capabilities for pdfs and powerpoints (through OCR) which I really need for school. I just wish OneNote Windows had OCR. I'm upset. Please change this! Is there a reason for this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Page Sync Status Indicator For Desktop OneNote (Office 365) Same As For OneNote(Microsoft Store)

The Page Sync Status Indicator for OneNote For Windows(Store Version) is useful when switching devices to tell if page of interest has been updated yet. When using a desktop computer, I much prefer the desktop version of OneNote(it's more powerful and easier to use with a keyboard and mouse). Please provide a page sync status indicator for that program as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. OneNote Reminder

One note is amazing, but the app. has not reminder, most of the notes need to be reminded later for follow-up or to-do tasks. hence it is better and a must to do opt for the new version of one-note. please add this option like IOS reminder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. zoom

why aren't we using zoom like everyone else in the world at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integration with Microsoft To Do lists

Should be able to insrt To-do lists into One note pages. You should be able to insert existing To Do lists (with tasks, sub tasks, due dates, notes and other things) as a block so you can see the whole thing as part of a note in a page. Whatever you do in the note block gets updated in To-do and vice versa.

Would be even better if you can create a To Do list in a One Note page, and that list would be created in To Do as well automatically.

This would be a really useful feature to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cursor

Please make the normal cursor more visible, maybe bold. When moving around the screen, I lost track of my place because I can't see the cursor.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sharing Improvements

1) A tab to check who has logged in or viewed shared notebook, 2) a refresher button to send "notebook updated" to those "shared" with

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Roku Account Setup

When you are Roku account setup and activation is done start watching the entertaining roku channels that such as different categories such as TV shows, Movies, Sport, Music and a lot more. When you are start the Roku account setup then collect the requisites and follow onscreen instruction. If you facing any problem then you can read here complete setup and important troubleshoot Roku Account setup error. Otherwise contact us Roku expert via email or live chat window. Call at Toll Free no: 866-275-5815
    visit us: https://activatemybox.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Four (04) Requests to MS

17 April 2020
    To: Microsoft Company
    Dear Sirs/Madams,
    (1) I am a Professional Writer & Historian. I am 60 years old. I am NOT a “Techie”. But I Work daily on my Laptop. I am a Lifelong MS Office User. I do not plan to Change to Apple.
    (2) CAN YOU PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOUR (04) REQUESTS MENTIONED BELOW?
    My Four (04) REQUESTS to MICROSOFT:
    (1) Improve MS ‘One Note’ ACCURACY to Convert Typed Text, or PDF, to MS WORD (or just Plain Text). (Note: please check-out DeliOCR. Very high accuracy with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a canvas function like a resizable clip board that lets me add images and writing to it - then move it around as i want

I NEED a function that lets me assign a certain area of a page as a "canvas group". Inside this group I want to for instance attach a picture, and then be able to write both ONTOP of the picture and on its sides.

If I move the canvas group around - the written annotations should follow.

Right now I have some images added to my canvas and I want to add a bit of text above the images. This skews the images downwards and disaligns them with some annotations i have on the right side of the images. Annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Outlook Tasks Created in OneNote Keep Breaking

The Outlook tasks I create in OneNote and send to Outlook keep getting grayed out with the message "We couldn't find this Outlook task."

I am keeping them in the same folder as the tasks I generate in Outlook and share with OneNote and the connection from Outlook is still functioning, so it appears to be exclusively an issue on the OneNote side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. integrate Onenote Tags into Teams & Planner

OneNote Tag functionality improvement

Integrate OneNote Tags into Teams & Planner so the Tags in OneNote can easily flow into the other programs.

For example, i create a to do tag in Onenote for a specific project. make it so those tags are available in planner to easily assign to specific individuals. Also, being able to create a channel off of specific tags and having that channel receive a notification anytime a new tag in OneNote takes place. This would give me a summary of activity on OneNote right in teams environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Too many steps to erase Using a Tablet

I use an old Bamboo Tablet for writing in OneNote and I really like it. You guys have made great improvements so far to its usability. Let me suggest an easy one. When I hold the pen down for a couple of seconds a tool comes up that lets me Lasso Select an area. At that point, there should be two options. Move the area or Delete the Area. So, along with double crosshairs to move the area should be a nice big X that lets me erase it with one step. Now, what I have to do is hold…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pencil bug

The Pencil function does not work very well on my Surface. When I use color pencil, or any pen drawing the ruler, the screen blinks every time when the pen touches the screen, which is very annoyingly. Happens to all colors of pencil.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send to One Note: Allow setup of page name contents including date

When send to one note is selected, there is no option to customize how I want to label my Page Name. I would like to be able to add the date of my outlook meeting when sending to one note. If it could automatically perform this action, it would be a lifesaver.

I looked in one note to see if it was an option and researched forums, but did not find any solution. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. lock

Lock Page - It would be good if there was a simple way to right click a Page to Lock or Unlock. This would ensure that the page couldn't be accidentally changed. It is currently too easy to change things on pages and accidentally move or type over something. Ideally it would be locked in a similar way to viewing a PDF. You would then put the Page in to Edit mode to modify and then lock it after finishing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm having trouble with OneNote crashing repeatedly whenever i do anything with a specific section

I'm having trouble with OneNote crashing repeatedly whenever I do anything with a specific section. I can't delete it, can't move or copy it, cant type word on it as every time I do that, OneNote will crash. I try the online version also, but it said that "OneNote is not responding''. Earlier I open the online version and the windows version at the same time. I don't know if that's the cause.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. See/Edit same note in different pages/sections

Some notes may impact on more than one activities, therefore it would be a great addition if a note block, with all its structure and tags, could be seen and edited in several pages, sections

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make OneNote capable of generating a table of contents with links

Make OneNote capable of generating a table of contents with links to the individual pages. I would like to be able to generate a table of contents (alphabetically sorted) of the pages in a notebook on a single page. I would also like this same functionality for a top level page (a page with nested pages under it) for the nested pages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base