OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Add Unlimited Page Labels (to complement limited notes tags)

OneNote tags at the moment seem to function more like information type and priority markers. While that has utility for classroom or meeting notetaking, it is a serious handicap for those involved in bigger research projects involving tons of literature and notes which need to be organised in multiple ways - topic/theme-wise (esp. corresponding to the outline of the research work), reading status (Pending, In Progress, etc.), literature priority (Primary, Secondary, etc.), schedule/reading list order, etc. Please open up a flexible labelling system that allows for easy adding or removing of unlimited custom page labels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. automated

Enable for web based documents to be automatically printed/inserted into OneNote. If either school or business posts something to a specific spot each day, the option to have this document (Word/PDF) automatically inserted into OneNote would be amazing, save a ton of administrative and even manual click to print. Productivity is key.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create Custom Auto Generated Pages

I use OneNote as a planner. I would like to auto generate a new page each day with a copy of a template I have created. Additionally I use checklists and it would be very fancy to be able to have my checked off tasks disappear on the next day list. I also use a cell for notes, It would be nice if that could clear its info except for the title. I may not be using correct terms for the techies. If I could send you a pic of my screen I would! Thank you for all the hard…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please include invert colour option for imported pdf printouts and images

I use Onenote for most of my school work, and with the dark mode, writing on it is very convenient, EXCEPT, there is NO OPTION to invert colors on an imported image or PDF printout. This means you have to BLEACH YOUR EYES with the white background and black text PDFs, even though your Onenote is on dark mode. Honestly, this feature is very much asked, and will be greatly helpful and appriciated if OneNote could add this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. paper size option should be there

for easily making digital hand written notes and prining them in A4 size paper

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Put your money and effort into the one people aren't complaining about, Microsoft...

Keep OneNote 2016, drop the 2016, make it look fancy but don't let it lose any of the options it has. In fact, take all the add-ons that are out there and PUT them INTO OneNote 2016 and #micdrop #byebyeanycompetition.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please let the users log-out from other PCs

Please develop a way to let the users log out from one note in other PCs. This is a very serious security issue and if Microsoft cannot resolve this, I think many people-including me-would refrain from using One Note. For example, Kakaotalk let us log out from other PCs even when we cannot access that PC directly. It keeps track of which PC I have logged into, and let me logout remotely. I quit my job recently and forgot to logout from One Note. Now I am so anxious that my data is left where I do not have any…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reminders

Please implement reminders. They would help make OneNote a complete solution so I don't have to use another application to keep track of the notes I take in OneNote

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. misplaced

Allow moving multiple sections from misplaced sections into another notebook. This is especially helpful when you have lost your entire notebook and have no recent back ups. Your only option right now is to move each section one at a time. Thankfully, I can do this. But, if you are organized like me, that means moving hundreds of sections, one at a time. Also, after moving them, they are not in the groups I organized them in at the higher levels also. For example, I have 3 "August" folders for the past 3 years. I don't know which one goes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Section Name in Top Purple Bar

Currently the very top purple bar displays the page name - Windows PC Version. I wish I there was an option to make it display the Section name instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Individualized permission setting for sections/pages

This is NOT about sharing single pages or sections of a notebook.

My company requires the ability to set some pages/sections of a notebook to view-only, while others need to retain full edit access.

This is similar to setting permissions for individual folders within a server. Umbrella permission for the notebook, but the ability to restrict certain sections from being altered.

It is necessary because templates that are shared can currently be altered by anyone who the notebook is shared with. This is the case for attachments as well, like email header/footers and excel files.

Please provide this capability.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. HAVING BULLET POINTS ON THE LEFT AND RIGHT MARGIN AT THE SAME TIME

I would like the bullet points to be shared on both sides of a page. That way, a large bullet point that is meant for two pages can be compressed in a single page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatic text color in Dark Mode

I like the ability to insert documents into OneNote as a printout. I also like the dark mode as it's easier on my eyes. The problem I run into, when using dark mode, the text is in white, but the PDFs and other files I insert as printout have a white background. It would be great if the "Automatic" text color would "change" to stay visible depending on the background. IE: White text while typing on the dark background and black text while typing on the white background. There used to be a similar feature with mouse pointers back in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stand alone Purchase of One Note

Please make Stand Alone Purchase of One Note 2106. I really beg you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. adjusting the paper size

I really love OneNote and digital notetaking for all my classes and studying. But one thing that throws OneNote far behind Good Notes, Notability, ... is that you simply can't adjust the paper size to A4 (I would like to print my pages). Overall it just looks neater and is better for studying to have an actual A4 sized page. Please do something about it!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. OneNote pdf as printout everytime

After one of the latest Office update my pdf documents is no longer inserted as printout in OneNote but instead as pdf icons.

Is it possible to change it so that all pdf files is inserted as printouts?

I use Rocketbook and everytime I upload something I have to right click to see the pdf file.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create simple form functions

This stems from wanting to keep my literature review forms within OneNote, so I can make a template to fill in the form/make notes on the journal I am reviewing for my dissertation... Have a feeling this may not be implemented till years after I graduate though 🤦🏻‍♀️

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Android version like the window version

The android app version is missing many features and the majority of the existing features cannot even be used on a tablet. Please make it like the windows version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. the pages sometimes jump to the top of it

In a recent month, whenever writing a new note or looking through an old one before, the pages will always suddenly jump to the top of the note, which wastes me more time going back to where i am reading again! Almost everytime.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create a text box

Creating a text box to write on a picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base