OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Create title of note while recording audio note from android widget

On the one note android app I can set a widget for making audio notes. I'd like to be able to title the new note that is created as a part of the process of taking the note.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. recents notes list in OneNote 2016

Now that OneNote 2016 is being developed again, one feature I'd like to see brought over from the Win10 app is the recents pane.

(I wouldn't mind the UWP app's navigation add an option in OneNote 2016)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Could Onenote support latex and katex? Paste equations from wiki or other website, onenote cannot show the equations' svg images

Could Onenote support latex and katex? Paste equations from wiki or other website, onenote cannot show the equations' svg images

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Selective sync of sections or pages

With very large notebooks, we are seeing people run out of storage space on various devices. It would be awesome to select sections or pages that we want synced to local storage vs. Remaining in the cloud. Or possibly intelligent syncing where only recent sections are saved locally and old sections remain in the cloud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Don't bundle OneNote for Desktop with Office or make it optional

I prefer the modern version of OneNote from the store. It's lightweight and simple to use. I don't want to be forced to install an other OneNote App with the Office 365 installer that I will not use. Please give us the possibility to choose which version fits better to our needs. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Let us format the pages.

We can export pages as PDF, and in that process they are formatted to a printable format (like A4) anyways. Why can't we have these borders while editing the pages? It would be of HUGE help, as this would prevent drawing over edges and help the user with managing spacing.
    This is absolutely necessary, for example, for students if they want to hand in work they did on OneNote as a PDF.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. lecture immersive

Insertion de fichier sous forme d'impression, Ils serait intéressant qu'ils soient dans un format OCR, que le lecteur immersif soit disponible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include math, ruler, and different colors in the onenote desktop app. And a way to highlight the cursor so students can see where I am point

Include math, Ruler, and different color ink in the one note desktop app. Also if there is a way to highlight the cursor so that my students can see where I am working on the big screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve string search in OneNote 2016

String search is less powerful in OneNote than in Word. OneNote doesn't find strings between punctuation marks like dashes (eg, -string- ) or phrases like "this string".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to widen quick search results

When you have articles within sections, within section group, within section group, within section group, it would be nice to have an option that automatically widened the search results box to match the length of the longest result article path.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. pdf printout

PDF Print Out IOS IPAD Pro

I am running one note for IOS on my IPAD. I use online version of one note to drag and drop PDFs into notebooks. I work mainly with engineering drawings that have been created in autocad / revit and then PDF'd. When i try to print out the PDF the print out orientation will be wrong and part of the drawing is missing. please help!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Page size setting in one note

I LOVE one note... except for one thing... I cannot set the page size to a default and then have the page continue to scroll down like in other note taking apps. I love taking digital notes because it saves time and paper but in order to really review I also really like having paper print outs. It is much more difficult to do this in a well thought out manner without appropriate paper size settings

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. View option - Vertical list to horizontal tabs

I really would like you to implement an option to the Windows 10 OneNote App so I can have my notebooks as tabs at the top of the app instead of the list to the left. I have OneNote 2016 on my work computer and it is far better way to organize notes and notebooks, I think. Can you not just add a view setting so I can have my precious tabs back? Thanks! /Chrille

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Right click for checkbox cross

I use checklists in onenote a lot, but have specific deadlines for them. If I haven't done them, I copy them over to the next week. For all of the old ones that didn't get completed, I want to be able to cross them off so that they are not left undone, but are also no longer actionable.

Right click or press and hold to fill a checkbox with an X would show that the point has been actioned, whether that's cancelled, or moved elsewhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Files on demand for OneNote cache

I want the same files on demand feature as for files in OneDrive, but for OneNote Notebooks.

When this is turned on, delete data that is used less frequently from the cache to save space. The download of data would still work as it does now,.

All opened notebook titles, sections, and page titles are cached, and pages themselves are synced on selecting a page, like it does now when you first open notebooks. Pages / sections / notebooks that you refer to frequently are kept on your device, as are any where you have selected the "always keep on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Добавление функции голосовой записи речи с её последующим распознаванием и переводом в текст

Добрый день! Меня зовут Артём, компания Северсталь. Пользуюсь Вашими продуктами MS Office 2016. Хочу изложить свою хотелку. Активно пользуюсь Вашим планировщиком OneNote - особенно его мобильной версией для Android. Будет здорово, если Вы добавите функцию распознавания речи и перевода ее в текст, чтобы можно было озвучивать планы и задачи самому себе, а видеть их уже в виде готовых написанных тезисов/пунктов. Для меня это особенно актуально, когда вечером возвращаюсь домой в машине и формирую список задач на следующий день. Эта возможность позволила бы конкретно мне экономить от 15 до 30 минут каждый день и возвращаться домой раньше, вместо того, чтобы сидеть…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Summarize Task List Across Notebooks and Pages

Consolidate to-do list across several notebooks and tabs with ability to sort by the notebook and tab names. This enables advanced consolidation of actions into a consolidated to-do list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Splash Screen with dark background to suit dark theme

I love the dark theme, thank you for having implemented that. But the splash screen still has a white background which dazzles me when I open OneNote. Could you please add a dark background for those who have dark theme?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A4 Page Size for Onenote Win 10

I would like to set the a4 format on onenote for Windows 10.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base