OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. 3 improvements for OneNote classroom notebook (from a teacher's perspective!)

OneNote classroom notebook:
    1) There should be a way to recover deleted pages/section (i.e. it should actually appear in the recycle bin- which it doesn't at the moment)
    2) There should be the option to lock the name and destination of distributed pages so that 'Review Student Work' can find it (if either is changed by the student, the page has to be searched for manually)
    3) There should be an option to distribute sections within existing section groups in student's notebook - so that their work can be better organised.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. link one note todo list to the todo application list

When a todo list with tick box is created in one note it would be great if ita list of one note todo could appear and sync in the todo application as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Where is the export feature on the OneNote app?

OneNote 2016 has an export to .pdf feature. Why doesn't the OneNote app for Windows 10 have this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a feature to change the size of the page and to save our notebook in a folder offline too like in One Note 2016

At school all of us usually we need to take notes and obviously for study reasons we need to print them. One note store app allows us to print our notes but not in the correct page format making, especially, handwriting hard to read because too small. I tried One Note 2016 and yes it has that feature but it continues to crash making this problem hard to fix for me. Even save notebooks offline in our device because of at school network can be used only by teachers. I hope this feature will be added as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V as other Office apps do

Every other MS Office program supports Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V for cut and paste. Ctrl-V is especially important. Currently doing the same kind of pasting in OneNote takes three mouse clicks.

This is my highest priority request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change Default Page Colour

Those with reading issues requiring coloured overlays (e.g. Dyslexia, Meers Irlen etc.) constantly have to change the page manually whenever we add a new page. The ability to change the default page colour for all new pages would help with easier and more efficient note-taking in school and university. The ability is there to change the colour of the page anyway, adding a default option would make things a lot easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Solid shapes

There should be solid shapes available for inserting. A filled in rectangle, rounded rectangle and circle should be available for highlighting whole paragraphs, creating a colored background to write on and more.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PLEASE give us the same Word text editing features for basic things like autocorrect, math functions, etc.

It is infuriating that I cannot take class notes and copy over math equations, or use shortcuts/autocorrect features to quickly type mathematical symbols. I am a biology grad student, and I have to navigate through multiple menus every single time I want to use a delta or micro symbol. This makes taking quick notes impossible. Either make the autocorrect rules we set in Word apply across ALL Office apps, or integrate the Options tab from Word into the rest of these apps. I didn't have this problem with OneNote 2016, but y'all discontinued support and updates for it, leaving us…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to set my page size in Onenote for Windows 10. I want it to feel like a normal notebook

I would like to set my page size in Onenote for Windows 10. I want it to feel like a normal notebook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. default proofing language is still German in OneNote when creating a new page even though all other languages except English deleted

Please sort this out. I should be able to select what language I want as default and it should work. All defaults are English UK and it still forces German Switzerland which is extremely annoying. I installed the German language pack because I also sometimes work in German but now the German has over run all the English. I have removed German from all proofing options and language options in Office. It should be possible to set a language as default for all new pages. It should also be possible to set the proofing language by selecting a page or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. note containers appear randomly

Stop the note containers from appearing randomly on the page. I'll go to click on the screen to add a note container for a school assignment and it will scroll me down and put it over on the next page or even the page after, and if it does go on the same page it still goes on the very bottom. I'd love to either see this fixed or for a new method of creation to be implemented like dragging to create a box after clicking a "create box" option in the toolbar at the top of the screen, or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Download or Export Notebooks/Sections/Pages

I've been using a work account for research notes and now need them in my personal OneNote - but can't!

Please let us download notebooks from OneDrive to create backups, or copies that can copied.

I discovered that I can't even copy pages or sections from OneNote (work) to OneNote Online (personal).

We can't always work in the same account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 원노트 pdf 내보내기 기능 제발 만들어주세요.

이번에 원노트 앱을 사용하게 되었는데 (windows10에 기본으로 깔려있습니다) 전에 있었던 pdf 내보내기 기능이 없어서 정말로 불편합니다.
    onenote app에도 이 기능을 업데이트하면 더 많은 사람들이 onenote를 편하게 사용하고 사용자 또한 늘어날 수 있을 것 같습니다!
    제발 만들어주세요..
    감사합니다!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OneNote 2016 good but needed more, to move to a more restricted Windows 10 with less features has been a retrograde step

I use OneNote for many applications, an important one is to develop and keep electronic laboratory notebooks (ELNs) for my research group at University. Since the onset when I started using OneNote I saw its potential and decided to harness its power, which indeed has increased over the years. There are several features in the 2016 version that would need to be implemented to make it an extraordinary tool for ELNs or other applications. Instead Microsoft has moved into a Windows 10 experience, effectively a simplistic or more immature form that requires my team and myself to go back and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Text direction in tables

Can we please have the ability to change the direction of text in table cells? Whenever I copy and paste something from word with the text in a different direction, onenote can't handle it and puts it horizontal again. I don't want to have to paste a word document as a PDF, I want a table to be easily edited as table cells.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. OneNote Pro 2013 search works for a word, or a 'word in single quotes', but "fails for a word in double quotes".

OneNote Pro 2013 search works for a word, or a word in 'single quotes', but fails for a word in "double quotes". Please fix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Linking to specific PDF pages and destinations with a screenshot

I often have to refer to books and Tables in pdf documents. It would be amazing to link from onenote to a specific page and it would be even better if you could take a screenshot of a section in a pdf, embed it into onenote and link that screenshot back to the section in the pdf where the screenshot was taken so you can understand The excerpts or screenshots context.

I know that you can work around that by printing the pdf somewhere into onenote and linking to the individual page. This doesn't show an excerpt, is tedious and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Evernote Converter: No Longer Supporting or Actively Developing

The importer software is still available for you to download and use, but we’re no longer actively developing or supporting this tool.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Onenote .pdf upload and directly linking to page in pdf

If a PDF is uploaded to onenote (Onenote uploads folder), it must also be possible to navigate directly to a specific page in the pdf in addition to navigating to the pdf only (by clicking on the pdf link in onenote).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base