OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Option to invert color in images in dark mode

I have lots of images in OneNote which consist of lines on a white background. I would like these to be shown as white lines on a black background in dark mode.

However, there are also images which I don't want to invert color for, so there should be a toggle in the View tab, or even better you could make it possible to choose whether or not to invert color in dark mode for each image in the right-click menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Inclusion of the option to disable 'automatically switch between inking, selecting, typing, and panning'

This option exists in OneNote 2016 but in the latest version OneNote 2019 it is lacking and to say the least it is frustrating. I'd like to be able to use the pen to select texts and objects without it automatically jumping to the ink mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make Onenote as enlighten app

it's a pity that OneNote does not work as an enlighten app. It would be great if we can use OneNote in both mode because we are using WIP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add a shortcut or icon to collapse all Level 1 (and Level 2) outlines within a page

This will enable user to quickly see the outline without having to individually collapse each outline on the page. Example:

1. Breakfast (collapsible)
      1.1. Main dish
      1.2. Drinks

2. Lunch (collapsible)
      2.1. Appetizer
      2.2. Salad
      2.3. Main course
      2.4. Dessert
      2.5. Drinks

….

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. OneNote and Teams: integrating personal and school accounts

I've had this problem for a few years now:

I use OneNote from my personal account for all my lab experiments. I want to keep them on the personal account because while the institution I am at might change (and hence the school/work account), my personal account will stay the same.

For my projects, I am mentoring students who possess school accounts. However, it is known that I cannot share my personal account notebook with their school accounts. To resolve this, I end up sharing the notebooks to their personal accounts.

This is a really poor but workable solution.

Now,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Recuperar contraseña

Deberia haber algun mecanismo para recuperar el acceso a una seccion de OneNote protegida por contraseña cuando uno olvida la contraseña.

Hay muchos casos en el que uno puede perder las contraseñas de una seccion. Si la informacion guardada dentro de la nota es importante la persona que usa el servicio de OneNote se ve muy perjudicada.

Espero que creen un mecanismo para verificar la identidad y asi poder modificar la contraseña olvidada

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. shortcut

Same shortcuts for all, or at least been able of selecting standar shortcuts from other languajes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Markers on an image

Much like dropping pins on Google Maps, I would like to be able to place markers on an image and have them hyperlink to different pages. Perhaps the tags could be used as the markers so there is a place to manage them, but I should be able to maintain a collection of different ones. The ability to show/hide markers would be fantastic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Floatover Hot links on Images

Would greatly like the ability to add hot links to images. I am aware I can single link an image, but for example if I have a map, I would like to be able draw shapes over it and be able to make those shapes invisible links to individual pages. Or even if you had a picture of several buttons and did not want to have to break it apart, but have each button have a different link. I would expect the link to maintain a connection to the images so if the image moves or gets resized, so does…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Endless folders and subfolders like "workflowy"

Allow creation of endless folders or sub-folders to put pages into, something like "workflowy"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Image or inserted pdf page manipulation

Loving the ability to send a printout of the pdf to OneNote, however, some of my pdf printouts have a large useless white regions around each slide, making the inserted printout take much more space in a OneNote page, forcing me to zoom out. It would be very helpful if we could have the ability to cut out the white regions in the OneNote, or at least be able to type or drop text boxes on the white regions so at least they could be useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please allow paragraph formatting in OneNote pages

I often paste entire paragraphs into OneNote, and I'm stuck with the spacing between paragraphs and the sizing for each line that was used in the original document/web page. Currently, I have to paste the text into Word, remove all of the paragraph formatting, and then copy and paste it into OneNote. I'd like to be able to format paragraphs directly in OneNote.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't require Microsoft account login

I can use OneNote 2016 without logging into a Microsoft account. I want to do the same with OneNote for Windows 10. This is important because I use it at work and I cannot create a personal Microsoft account to login to OneNote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sync Design Notes to Notebook Pane

It's really annoying when you open OneNote and it defaults to the top of the notebook pane, while you have some design note open that is what down in the notebook pane index.

Please include a feature to easily sync the open design note to it's position within the notebook pane, Visual Studio has this feature for programs you have open in the solution explorer, to quickly sync between a file/folder view and the open document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use Segoe UI Emoji font on all platforms

Windows UWP version, Android app, iOS app and Online versions use full-color emojis. When you view the same page on Desktop 2016 version, it's the monochrome Segoe UI Symbol font. I want it to appear full-color across the board and use the same emoji everywhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to see that OneNote uses immersive reader with PDF's

Very important for educational purposes especially for students that have reading disabilities. I know that a person can take a photo of text and the immersive reader can read that. Would like to see this with PDF's.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "F4" repeat last command

Please add the "F4" button command (like in word, excel, etc.) that will repeat your last command. I love this feature in the other MS apps and it makes formating a breeze.

User Story: User bolds a section of text. User highlights a different section of text. User wants to bold the highlighted section. User presses "F4" and the text is now bolded. The "F4" keystrok repeats the last command initiated by the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base