OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. I wish Onenote supports the following 1.Sorting data in table 2.Ability to Align data in table cells

1. To sort table contents numerically and alphabatically

2. Like we can align table contents to center or to left or to right in excel..It would be great to have that feature in Onenote Table data sturucture. I have never expected that microsoft missed it out for table in Onenote.

Apart from this i also would like to suggest a new TAG which is similar to that of TO DO tag but when the event is completed and the choice box is selected it would be nice to strike off that event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add keyboard shortcuts to increase/decrease fonts

Please add the following keyboard shortcuts to OneNote:

Ctrl [ = increase font size by 1
    Ctrl ] = decrease font size by 1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. There should be an option to distribute new section group to a specific group of members in a class

There should be an option to distribute new section group to a specific group of members in a class

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. one Note split screen to allow two notebooks side by side

split screen so can have two books or pages side by side to allow drag and drop from different pages and books

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. change OneNote view

allow user to change OneNote layout so that tabs are on Right hand side vertical like a normal tabbed folder - with expandable/collapsible or drop down pages inside each tab.

with wide screen pc pages get lost on far right hand side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How to add Cartoon Network on Roku

If you are interested in activating the Cartoon Network channel, here we explain the channel activation steps. To start with choose the compatible device. Connect your device to the Network. To add the Cartoon network channel, move to the channel store category. Add the channel as the search results appear. Find the channel activation code and enter the code visiting the page, cartoonnetwork.com/activate. You can now wait until the channel activation steps complete. For help and support to complete the channel activation, reach out to the team of techies Just visit our blog https://www.gocomrss.com/cartoon-network-roku/ or call @ +1-866-990-6730

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Be able to choose formatting for different programming languages

For example, when using sql, keywords would automatically be highlighted in blue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Immersive Reader Suggestion

My son recently attended a Microsoft virtual camp, and he said, "Why can't Immersive Reader read a sentence with expression?" He asked me. Can Trini or other people who work @Microsoft please share this feedback to the OneNote dev team?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Comments/Notes/Tool Tips to OneNote

It would be great if Microsoft could add ability to add a comment or note or tool tip--something that appears when I hover over a word with my mouse. Similar to adding a comment/note onto a cell in Excel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. copy paste option doesn't work well

whenever i copy paste handwriting on one note it seems to put distance between each line i drew that isn't there.
    from what i figured on my own is that whenever i open the page on Hebrew it doesn't work and when on English it seems to works

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shocking Experience with OneNote for Windows 10. It over wrote and removed OneNote for Office 365 -0 spent hours restoring with enginneer

OneNote for Office 365 was removed and overwritten without my permission by some unknown update to Windows 10 Prof. I had to for 3 hours reinstall Office 365 to get back OneNote for Office 365 and get rid of OneNote for Windows 10 that is nota fully functional program. I have 100s of client Notebooks that I have to now pull back manually one by one into OneNote for Office 365. It took me over 3 hours with a Microsoft engineer to fix the problem. This push of OneNote for Windows 10 into the system wasted your engineer's time and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Distribute to Content Library from OneNote Add-In

Our school district created Teacher OneNote Notebooks with curriculum. Teachers install the OneNote Add-In to distribute curriculum from the OneNote to ClassNotebooks inside of Teams. We would like to be able to "Distribute to Content Library" from the OneNote notebook. This would allow teachers the ability to use the Assignment Feature inside of Teams by attaching a document from the Content Library. We have put in alot of work building OneNote notebooks to distribute to Class Notebooks. Please work on allowing the "Distribute to Content Library" to work in the Class Notebook Add-In for OneNote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Embed Notion page into OneNote Page

I love OneNote, but Notion has some features that it lacks, especially with tables / database functionality. I don't want to change to Notion, but if I could embed these features within OneNote it would enable me to have the best of both, and use the url links back from Notion to go to OneNote pages. If I have a page I need to be live in multiple places (a common request!) in OneNote, I could embed the page in all of them, to be able to use onenote but work around its limitations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Vertical bar down the side of outline to show indent level

For working with indented collapsible outlines it would help to have the option of a vertical line down the left to show what level these are.

The section already knows what level it is indented to, e.g. you can expand/collapse with alt+****+number, and I would love the bars to reuse the colourful bars that show edits by other people along the right.

This is standard in a lot of indented apps, e.g. other outlining tools, or even forums like reddit, and makes it a lot clearer and more accessible to navigate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set proofing language by Default to English - I can only modify the proofing language for a selection, by default it is in Dutch

Set proofing language by Default to English - I can only modify the proofing language for a selection, but by default it is in Dutch (my Office 365 account is through the Dutch organization I work for), so it is really annoying to have to change it all the time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would like Classroom Notebook to be GCC

The Classroom notebook is great from a manager/direct report collaboration tool. It would be great to have this feature for government!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base