OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Thumbnail View in pages

The windows store app for Onenote allows to view thumbnails of the pages, which is extremely useful and convenience.

I just bought the Office 365 to sadly realize this simple option is not supported. Just why?

How come the mobile app is superior to the desktop app.

Thanks for your time.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better touch support.

I have the Lenovo Flex 3 and I use a stylus to write and take notes. Constantly switching between Draw and cursor mode to zoom and navigate my pages takes up a lot of time. it would be great if we could use multitouch gestures like pinch zoom, drag 2(or 3) fingers to move around the page, pretty basic stuff. Most if not all touch screen PCs support 10-point multitouch, so I think it would be useful for a lot of people.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Cornell Style Notes

Cornell style notes are becoming popular in schools and for a good reason. Cornell notes have three sections, a main body where you right your typical notes, a column on the left where you interact with the notes by adding questions, and a section at the bottom where you write a summary of the page. It is much easier and more effective to review notes in this way, which is why it is becoming so popular. The only problem is that everything is becoming more digital as well, especially for colleges when it is vital to study, and we don't…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let OneNote move to SD

There is now no possibility that OneNote Notebooks are saved on SD Card.
    Mobiles with limited internal memory need the space for operating system.
    Please lets move the cash files to SD card

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Optionable arrows along a line aka "multiple-arrowheads-along-90degree-line"-shape.

I use the "arrowline+90degree-line"-shape a lot. But I need it more advanced: I wanna decide how many arrowhead-lines coming out of the original line. Picture a vertical line beginning under the heading and along it three lines with an arrowhead at the end goes out to the right underneath pointing at three subheadings.
    Kinda like if you connected the bullets of a bullet-list with its subbullets.
    It's a great way to visualize the connections in outlined notes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to have an image on my Tabs

I want to be able to have images that will be shown on the Tabs or as part of the tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. scroll bounce

Just started using onenote app, windows 8 i think, on my asus for medical school. Its great, but would really like to be able to change default font. And it keeps doing this scroll bounce type thing where i try to scroll down and it hops back up to an earlier section. Don't know if this is intentional, but as midterms approach may throw my computer against a wall out of frustration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make onenote more lefty friendly

Sometimes my palm presses another onenote page then I have to go back. Give the option of moving the menu on the left, to the right side of the screen. That would help a lot, thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. There should be a zoom function on both the laptop and onenote online's view mode.

Users should be able to zoom in and out when using the OneNote app and whilst using the OneNote online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make initially available the option for locally installed OneNote to easily store onto On-Prem SharePoint Server

This is extremely difficult to do for the first time. This option only becomes visible/available once you have successfully opened/saved a OneNote document. Please continue to support your loyal On-Prem users!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Printable Page Layout

Windows journal has a very good page interface that would be nice to see available in OneNote. This feature/option to have a multiple "scroll-able" smart page layout like journal or word would be preferable in many instances. (i.e. doing homework which may have to be printed for submission).
    It's also nice to have access to those pages with out having to set up a separate page within the notebook. When I want to go and print either to printer or PDF, it would be nice if I didn't cross my imaginary margin and end up with half a word or…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bring back the Whiteboard-Photo function in W10 Onenote-App

On Windows 8 i can take pictures in whiteboard modus and the picture will be cut out around the whiteboard, on windows 10 i miss this funtions. but i need this funtion!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide/collapsible text without deleting it

While preparing a notes It would be nice feature to hide some content under the heading/main text.

My suggestion would be that a user could click and drag to highlight the text, the same as you would to copy or cut, then right-click the text or use a toolbar command to "Hide selected text or object" and that text would "roll up" just like a pulldown shade over a window. There would be a gray bar indicating that there was hidden text there and the user could click on it to "unroll" it, then click again to roll it back…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Live status of OneNote while editing on PC

when I am deleting, creating or adding something to a new page, how should I be able to know whether the process has been completed or not ? I think a live status somewhere at the top of the page would be great! Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Passcode feature on WIndows 10 Mobile

Currently OneNote Universal app on Windows 10 Mobile can view passworded section it is not enough because OneNote saves a lot of private info so
    Please support Passcode feature for OneNote Universal app on Windows 10 Mobile

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow user to choose from all available notebooks and sections when sharing to OneNote on on Windows 10

On OneNote for Mac OS X (from the App store), I can decide what notebook and section I want to save whatever I'm sharing to. On Windows 10, for some reason it only shows the latest open section instead. Please update OneNote so that it allows me to choose from any available notebooks and sections when I'm sharing to OneNote.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Grid view is too big, plz add a grid view between the smallest and the almost smallest. thank you!

The small grid view is super tiny and the next size up is huge. For note taking I would really appreciate a grid sized just between the two.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. match text size to grid/ lines

Make the text fit to the grid / line size. Now, if I press enter, the new line doesn't fit to the grid any more and proper alignment, if you add another text field, is impossible.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Snap normal text to grid or lines, also after handwriting recognition!

Please add an option to snap normal text to grid or lines! Also snap handwritten text after ink to text conversion to grid/ lines. That would make proper alignment possible. Right now, adding text on the right always screws up the alignment

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base