OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. how can i see who read my shared onenotebook

how can i see who read my shared onenotebook

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View dimensions of a page when using OneNote

Make a view in OneNote that makes the notebook page look like a piece of paper you write on. Currently, when I write handwritten notes its one long "paper" without a beginning or end to a sheet of "paper". When I print. it often cuts off half of a sentence when it prints from 1 page to another.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Exclude the "In Attendance" Tag from Find Tags feature

If you are using the Meeting Notes integration with Outlook and To-Do Tag features in OneNote, the Find Tag feature becomes completely useless as it is clogged with names of attendees not present at meetings. For example, if I have a large meeting with 25 attendees and only 12 show up, and meeting of 5 people where only 3 are in attendance, and a meeting with 10 where 5 individuals show up, I now have 20 additional tags that show on the "Show only Unchecked" view in the Find Tags summary page. Simply checking off the names, but that leads…

166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be nice if you could opt to share onenote items on outlook calender so it could be viewed in that format as well

It would be nice if you could opt to share onenote items on outlook calender so it could be viewed in that format as well. So if I speak into my phone a calender / appointment it would go to the outlook calender if I opt for that or am I missing something

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Text with voice entry] Introducción de texto con voz, ya lo tienen para la redacción de mensajes de texto en el windows phone

Ya se introduce texto en mensajes de voz y servicios de chat, la introducción de texto por voz en el windows phone, lo haría una herramienta increíble para trabajos en campo, les abriría un mercado poco atendido, saludos.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show Recent notes on default Live Tile

In addition to all ideas asking for you to display the page content when the page gets pinned to the start screen, I'd like to see a list of my recent notes when the OneNote app itself gets pinned.

The reason is that some times, just by looking at the title of a note, I can remember what I have to do. I could create multiple lists of things to buy, one list (page) for each place I have to go.

If you display my recent notes to the live tile, it gets easier for me to remember of every…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. dotted grid/rulers

When sketching i always prefere dotted grid instead of lines like this:

http://www.designinorange.com/books/closeupgriddotted.png

would be cool to add to onenote. other sketchbooks have these options

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. An "As At (AutoDate)" Tag would be useful for project lists in OneNote

It would be useful to add to the list of "Tags" one that means "As At (autodate)" For example by selecting it from the list today, a bullet point starts with the words "As at 3 August 2015, .....". This would be handy for user compiled To Do lists and status lists where a date stamp is desirable to record a project status at a point in time. That date stamp need only be stamped as text and is editable too once inserted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have a Way to Reset Password

There needs to be a way to reset or remind users of what their password is. Permanently being locked out because you can't remember/find your password isn't user friendly.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Image Formatting and Properties

There should be more options to format images AND there should be a sidebar that displays the image's properties (like there is in OneDrive).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. choose a page for audio notes to automatically go to instead of each audio note creating a new page

I use a page as an inbox and I would want to be able to send a 2 second audio note I make in the car to that inbox page instead of having it create a whole new page for just that one note

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add page counts to sections and groups

Allow users to display a page count next to Sections and Section Groups similar outlook. This would let you choose between showing the total count, unread count or both (total / unread).

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hotkey to send text to OneNote

A Win+ hotkey to send selected text from any app to the next line below the current OneNote.
    "Send to onenote" is not very usable when you just want to continuously select and send snippets of text while working in a word doc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dragon NaturallySpeaking - allow integration

Dragon Naturally Speaking (#1 speech recognition app) does not work as well with OneNote as it does with Word. I presume OneNote does not allow this add-in to access (know) the preceding text, and thus the add-in doesn't have context that it can use for guessing what was said.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Optimize for students use with gestures

Please optimize OneNote for students use. I'm printing my PDF's of my lectures to OneNote on my Surface Pro 3.
    So I have all my lectures always in OneDrive and can edit them with my Surface pen wherever I'am.

But for a smarter user experience OneNote needs some new view options like Microsofts PDF Reader app. That shows you all pages if you pinch to zoom out. You could add for example a new gesture to open this view mode (for example swiping down with thre fingers).
    And there should be an option to switch to another page with an…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. copy/paste whole page

I need to copy/paste (or at least) duplicate pages. I'm planning my days by copying previous day page + deleting all completed tasks. Right now such a pattern works only I classic desktop application. I want in on windows phone (and in win10 universal app)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PLEASE disable the horizontal sidebar or allow me to. Every time I maximize one note the page centers and I have to scroll left.

I love onenote but I get very frustrated everytime I maximize the application. It centers the page even if there is NOTHING to the right on the active page. I am left staring at white space and have to scroll left. I think this is directly related to other pages in the notebook that have bigger width. But im not sure. PLEASE fix this it is very frustrating. I dont even want to go horizontal at all

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add support for javascript

It would be great if you could add some scripting to OneNote. Maybe a subset of javascript? I understand that scripting can be dangerous, but being able to use some elements (table cells) or check boxes, or maybe a special variable element would be very useful for things like D&D character sheets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base