OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. rotate "send to OneNote" Print-out / Printout / Printouts / Print-outs

Right now if you send a PDF to One-Note it sends it in the form of a PrintOut.

These printouts cannot be rotated.

The same is true when sending a word document or JPEG to oneNote. It is very hard to change the orientation once it is in OneNote.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On Surface Pro 3, sometimes my stroke is not recognized in the handwriting version of the on-screen keyboard

If I use the on-screen keyboard with stylus and hand-writing detection that I think has been around with windows for a while on the Surface Pro 3, often my first stroke is not recognized.

Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ink support on mobile platforms

I take lots of notes and visualizations in class, and it would be great if we could at least view them in the mobile apps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Let us view formulas on mobile platforms

For university, I use OneNote to take a lot of formulas. It would be great to at least view them across all platforms, so that I could e.g. learn them while being on the go.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bigger mouse pointer with graphic tablets

Make the mouse pointer appearance adjustable (size, style e.g. crosshair) when using a graphic tablet. With small strokes the pointer is so tiny that it is almost impossible to see where you currently pointing until you actually write something.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Quick links for TOC

We have the ability to create links, but a great feature would be to secondary click (right click) and add TOC link. We would basically be building a linked navigation throughout our pages and notebooks quickly. For example: I am down a page quite a ways and I get to a new topic. I click add TOC link; not only would OneNote place a link at the beginning of the page with the text that I type for this link, but it would also place a back to top link side by side the link I created. It would allow…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Template items, shapes, drawings

In classes like chemistry, math, science related, there are often several types of graphs, shapes, equations, etc that are used. Equation editor already allows this, but this is for the others. I would like to create a shape or drawing and save it into templates to quickly access later throughout all my notebooks or maybe make it notebook specific. This would really speed it up for creating.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Audio, Powerpoint, Handwritting Sync

For educational use, there needs to be a way to sync the audio with the handwritten notes taken on a powerpoint presentation, and have this able to be played back in OneNote. Powerpoint often provides animations and other things that can only be represented through powerpoint. So my suggestion is allowing the user that takes written notes or draws on the powerpoint as it is given or advanced, to be embedded into a OneNote page. This would be different than screen recording because hopefully it would take a lot less storage to just have audio tied to handwriting on a…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enhanced de- and encrypt functionality

I need to crypt different Objekts in OneNote with different Passworts. Because of that i Need a Master Passwort System. So that i can handle all Objekts with different Passworts by using just one Passwort. Exempel: I Share a OneNote Notebook with a Customer with insensible datas. But i cant give my Passwort to the Constumer, so I have to use a different Passwort for him. And with another Constumer, i have to Share another Notebook and so one, because i have many costumers.
    Very important is that this Feature will work on all my Devises (windowsphone, windowstablet, PC)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When OneNote is updated, Send to OneNote should not make itself the default printer

After OneNote is updated, Send to OneNote often becomes the default printer, notably if the regular default printer is the Microsoft XPS Document Writer. The OneNote installer should respect the default printer that the user had selected prior to updating OneNote.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pin Code for one note wp

Pin Code for wp locker. Pin code for one drive too.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change the default list type

Would be nice if one could set a different bullet list type as standard (eg arrows) instead of the standard round one

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. OneNote的OCR功能

我最喜欢OneNote的OCR功能,远超很多所谓的专业OCR。但还是有一些小问题。之前不知向哪儿反馈,这次趁机反馈了。
    一、字与字直接的空格是怎么回事?
    二、希望你们能把繁简字分开,一篇文章多数是简体字的时候,就不要老是识别为繁体字了,同理,多数是繁体字的时候,简体字出现的优先级也要调低;
    三、英文斜体字识别很差,几乎无法识别(也许是因为多数文本都是简体汉字);
    四、经常吞字,最常吞的是“一”,我觉得吞字不要紧,但至少那边留一个小符号提示我们一下吧?
    五、经常吞标点,同上,留一个统一的“吞字符”下来,作为提示;
    六、连续数字超过2个的时候就会吞数字;
    七、省略号总是识别有问题;
    八、前引号没问题,后引号总出现问题(80%的情况后引号是识别成英文的);
    九、“儿”字总识别失败,会裂开;
    十、“但”字也会裂;
    十一、“人”、“入”总是识别不清,这类相近字应该更仔细地识别。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to upload Pictures and decide what size shall have

It should be possible to upload pictures in a higher quality if needed. Charts with text can't be read after they were uploaded and resized.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Insert Monthly/Yearly Calendar without need for plugin

It seems that creating a calendar should be core functionality of OneNote, but at least the desktop version can accomplish it with plugins. The Metro version is just out of luck when it comes to calendars.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Audio/Video to text conversion

We can search audio, but we cannot convert audio to text. This may be messy, but give us a chance. Cortana and my WP are excellent at translating. OneNote could use this feature.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow anchored boxes

As it is now, a lot of editing parts of a page such as a spreadsheet can actually start to grow and encroach/overlay with other content. I think there needs to be an anchor click on a corner for example to prevent the content boxes from overlapping and maintaining their distance. Try editing a spreadsheet, adding a sheet, and then save. It grows, and if you have pictures or anything else that was close, it will be a mess now.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Diary/Journal mode

It would be nice if there was a mode/template that was tailored around diary/journal writing.

- There could be an option for the interface to resemble an actual diary if the user prefers this

- You could provide tools to create that personal scrapbook effect e.g frames for pics, cutouts, various paper textures, paperclips etc.

- When opening up a notebook created with this mode/template a new page would automatically be generated with today's date, ready for a new entry while still keeping inline with the theme/interface style the user had previously chosen.

- It would also be great if…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base