OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. In windows 8.1 onenote app was running full screen, but in windows 10 this is no longer the case. Remove the top menu and task bar!

When running onenote app in tablet mode the top menu and task bar should be hidden and only visible when swiping them in!

Need the entire screen space for writing, it was perfect in windows 8.1.

Also, bring back the radial menu!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Quick note without login] Schnellnotiz ohne Anmelden

Hallo,

unter Windows 8.1 war es mit meinem Surface Pro 3 möglich auf meinen Stift zu drücken und sofort OneNote zu nutzen. (Damit wurde ja auch geworben)
    Unter Windows 10 muss ich mich jetzt allerdings jedes Mal vorher anmelden .. das nervt tierisch.

Ich möchte wieder Notizen verfassen ohne mich vorher umständlich anmelden zu müssen, das fällt mir nämlich nachts im Bett nicht sonderlich einfach.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Combine Microsoft Word with OneNote for most awesome App

Combine MS Word with MS OneNote for the most powerful app ever. As an author being able to combine all tabs in one document for printing (kind of like a mail merge) plus all the best features of both apps would persuade me really fast to buy it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. link sentences from different tabs

Link sentences from different tabs. I am a writer. I write chapters and scenes in various pages. When I want to link together a thread for a character over a number of chapters I'd like to be able to have them all reproduced in a separate tab to see if I am missing anything. Can be done with large reports or essays as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scan handwritten notes and convert to Digital Ink

Would like to be able to write by hand on any object, then take a picture of handwriting, then convert handwriting in the picture into Digital Ink that will be editable like normal OneNote Ink with lasso selection, colour changes and so on.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Recording..." needs system/desktop level visual indication while recording is still in progress

I regularly record an extra 30-120 minutes after meetings before I remember I forgot to stop recording in OneNote. A system level visual indicator such as blinking icon in TaskTray or as progress meter over OneNote Start bar would remind me sooner to stop recording... especially if more prominent after switching away from OneNote.

NOTE: This is like Lync or Phone on iPhone. While call is in progress there is system level indication (top banner) to remind user that other app is still recording or keeping audio channel open even though user has switched to another application.

This is complementary…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. how to adjust thickness of the handwriting pen?

in win8, we can easily adjust the thickness of the handwriting,now we have update the sys to win10,that function is not available anymore..pls tell me how and why?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto size font

if i save a short note like adress or something, i'd like onenote to resize the text size automaticaly to the maximum width/height of the page, so i can easily see and recognize notes in my phone

with bigger font, it makes people easy to read it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can OneNote Show the cursor of all those who are collaborating on a page?

I would like to be able to see where the cursor is of each member who is collaborating on a page. This will eliminate individuals writing over top of each other. Creating a chaotic page of information.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Styles for Quick Notes

I have complex passwords that cycle regularly. I paste these into a quick note. I want quicknotes to have a monospaced typeface. I want that to be the default for all new quicknotes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Development of mode where pages could be presented as 'flash cards' to aid learning etc

I'm currently using a party third flash card app but populating it from information I hold in OneNote. As I was doing this I was thinking how so much more convenient it would be if OneNote could present pages as flashcards instead of having to use a third party app

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Delete option on Sync

I really like the online sync, but sometimes i want to delete jus on my Mobile phone to free up spaces and leave the online Note.

So i'll suggest that the delete option on Windows Mobile have an option that keeps or delete notes on either or Both sides, as user specifies .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Snap to ruled line spacing when inserting extra space

When I am writing (inking) on a ruled page and want to insert extra space, I always want the added space to be in increments of the rule line spacing - ie, the ink being moved should maintain alignment with the rule lines.

The current insert space tool is annoying since I have to be careful to manually maintain positioning when moving ink.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Let's make a Study lock-down mode.

I am a college student and I love using OneNote to take note, although... OneNote is not an easy program to actually learn from, that's why I would like to suggest a mode in OneNote with a timer that locks down all other programs (or keeps them at the background).
    The Internet is a fun place, but it really is distracting when you are trying to study, so I would suggest a feature within the mode where you can search the internet for a certain topic, but just for a certain amount of time. another feature would be to track…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. There needs to be a way to stop an accidental video download on OneNote or at least have it timeout.

When an error occurs in downloading a video to OneNote, there needs to be a timeout or way to stop it from trying to download. I am on day two of an accidental video download.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dear all, pl make One Note like Google Keep app, in which reminders could be set. Thanks.

Dear all, pl make One Note like Google Keep app, in which reminders could be set. Thanks.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change the name

All names starting with "One" or "First" sucks!
    It is not difficult to keep such a name starting with 1 or 1st. Many companies have done this in past in different locations in globe, but all failed? No, but none at least reached to the top. I know at least one company in India which in 1995 it was called "Brilliant's Computer Centre" (located at New Delhi) which changed its name to "First Computers" and went to oblivion quickly. Bad names used to be "proprietary" of Open Source community or Sun/Oracle circles. MS had a strong tradition to choose really…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a virtual drive option

Create virtual drive that allows applications to save and load directly from onenote. Would work like the print to onenote driver, but would allow working with files directly from onenote without having to save to a directory, open onenote and attach.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I can't find the "send page" feature or the insert audio and video. BRING THEN BACk!

I can't find the "send page" feature or the insert audio and video. BRING THEN BACk!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base