OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Allow for different "bookshelves" to organize notebooks into different categories

Allow for different "bookshelves" to organize notebooks into different categories

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Could u delete the notes from the listed search results in OneNote with right click drop-down menu

Could u delete the notes from the listed search results in OneNote with right click drop-down menu >> E.g. In the search result indicated by the red arrow, i hope to be able to right click on the search result to bring up a command menu to be able to delete the note. >> Pictures n details : http://www.bentsai.com/2014/08/could-u-delete-notes-from-listed-search.html

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Regular Expression Search including search replace ability

One of the strongest motive to use OneNote is the Search ability. It is great for nomal uses, but for advanced users Regular Expression ability take OneNote search engine to to next level. OneNote is also lacking the ability to search and replace using simple wording, wildcards or regular expression.

This functionality is platform independent and would work on all platforms (systems/devices).

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate File Explorer in Pages for all systems

I see a need to have the ability to have and insert File Explorer similar to Table or Excel object into in any page.

Having this ability would make a great improvements in gathering information and links in OneNote

This functionality should work on Windows and on Windows Phone and I assume other devices/OSes as well. Hopefully Microsoft could make this function available as an Add-on to existing OneNote 2007/2010/2013 in i that way could test and improve until implementing it permanently on future versions of OneNote

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Page as Embedding Web Pages

I see a strong need to have the ability to create pages that are completely embedded for example similar to IFRAME in HTML web pages. This could be called: Add Page as Embedded Web Page. From there the whole page will have a simple browsing menu using Internet Explore object.

Having this ability would make a great improvements in gathering information and links in OneNote

This functionality would work by default on Windows and on Windows Phone. Hopefully Microsoft could make this function available as an Add-on to existing OneNote 2007/2010/2013 in i that way could test and improve until…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. '찾아 바꾸기' 기능을 넣어주세요.

중간에 용어가 바뀌거나 잘못 삽입된 단어들을 모두 바꿔야 할 경우 이 기능이 요긴합니다. 하지만 아직 원노트에 해당 기능이 없어 외부 플러그인으로 해결하고 있는 중입니다. 워드 등의 기타 Office 툴에서는 모두 해당 기능이 제공되면서 원노트에만 없는 점은 의문입니다. 빠른 검색은 좋지만 검색 이후에 있을 수 있는 조치 등을 많이 배려해시면 어떨지 싶습니다. 찾아 바꾸기 강력하게 추천 드립니다.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sync Quick Access Toolbar customisation

Hi,

I used OneNote on my workstation and also on my personal laptop. I have customised my Quick Access Toolbar according to my needs but I find that I have to repeat each customisation across both platforms.

It would be great if the customisation could somehow be linked to my OneDrive account and auto sync across all my platforms.

Thanks!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Organize receipts

I would love to see a better receipt organization on OneNote. We should have a pre-defined page(s) where all of the receipts we capture through Office Lens displayed in a thumbnail view and clickin/taping on a receipt will make it full size for better viewing.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integrate "Office Lens" with OCR

You should integrate Office Lens in OneNote and offer the lens feature as a tile for quick start.
    Today, I testet Office Lens (Version 01.01.3205.01) with my Lumia 920 (Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developer with Update) - Office Lense don't detect text and make no OCR by making a photo of a textpage

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Horizontal Scrolling with Shift+Mousewheel

On a Desktop with a Mouse you can scroll vertically using the mousewheel and zoom in and out with it by holding Ctrl. Having spent some time in an audio editing program I am now used to horizontal mousewheel scrolling by pressing Shift. Would come handy to have that feature in OneNote as well since the shortcut combo is unused anyway. Having to aim for scrollbars feels outdated in 2014 when there is touch everywhere but for those working with a mouse this is currently the only way to pan left and right in OneNote for Windows.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Insert specific pages of a pdf

When I insert a pdf file I want to have the choice which pages are inserted.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Windows Store App: Add Page Range to Printing Support

Unfortunately, just like the Mail app, it is not currently possible to print out a range of pages from a OneNote document.

Can the OneNote team please talk to their Microsoft Reader or IE11 colleagues – they have shown that it is possible to print out page ranges from within their Modern apps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scratch-out gesture for erasing ink (in the OneNote app)

The scratch-out gesture to erase digital ink is one of the great things that make digital ink superior to regular pens. I use this gesture all the time in desktop OneNote. Unfortunately it is not available in the OneNote metro app and so I miss out on the great UI of the app (the radial menu is great for pen users!) because I simply can't live without the scratch-out gesture.

Please add an option to enable scratch-out erasing in the OneNote app.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. export to word is broken mannn !!!!

gaping pile of chit helped me loose my docs from one note because i thought that it would work it is a setting of the application ... so then i deleted my OneNote files to find my exported word docs from note were 0kbs come on Microsoft the puck ....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Separar aplicativo para Windows Phone

"Desacoplar" o aplicativo do OneNote do sistema operacional e deixá-lo disponível como um app universal separado, assim como o pessoal do Xbox Music e Xbox Video fizeram.

Assim vocês poderiam atualizar o aplicativo mais facilmente, e poderiam aproveitar o código da versão para Windows Store.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable spell check option for certain page/notebook

I think it would be fantastic if there is an option where spell check can be disabled for a certain page or notebook. This is because, a lot of times we throw in things like contact names and other things, which obviously the spell check does not recognize and we do not want red zigzag underlines all throughout the page which looks annoying. However, there might be times where we actually require spell check like drafting a letter or making notes for a blog or something.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When importing powerpoint slides- new zooming levels stays consistent for all pages

Right now after importing a ppt, changing the zoom level of a page doesnt change it for all the pages. Ex: I change page 2 zoom from 75% to 60%, then click on page 3, the zoom level on page 3 is back to 75%. would like for all pages to be at 60% after i change it on one page.
    Please fix asap!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Hidden text: A single line description or a drop-down selection!]Du Texte Caché : Description d'une ligne ou d'une sélection en déroulant !

Sur onenote on classe en onglets puis en chapitre.
    Puis dans un chapitres on se fait différent "blocs" on se met un titre en plus gros pour chaque blocs puis on liste les choses :
    MON SUJET BLABLA :
    -mon blabla 1
    -mon blabla 2
    -mon blabla 3
    - etc

On peut mettre un lien hypertexte à mon blabla 2 ça c'est super.
    On peut mettre des couleur etc et surement plein de chose.

Mon idée c'est de pouvoir insérer du texte caché à par exemple "mon blabla 3". Il faut ajouter au menu contextuel en dessous de lien...(ctrl+K) un…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search hyperlink under the text

Hello. I like OneNote very much, and that is why I'd like to suggest one more important thing to improve it.
    Search should to look not only for the text in all books, but also among the links under the text!
    You may look this short video to understand what i mean http://goo.gl/QA8N7y
    With best regards, Ivan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sort Lists

As a note taker I want to be able to sort a bulleted or numbered list of items alphabetically after the fact

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base