OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. There needs to be a way to stop an accidental video download on OneNote or at least have it timeout.

When an error occurs in downloading a video to OneNote, there needs to be a timeout or way to stop it from trying to download. I am on day two of an accidental video download.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dear all, pl make One Note like Google Keep app, in which reminders could be set. Thanks.

Dear all, pl make One Note like Google Keep app, in which reminders could be set. Thanks.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Change the name

All names starting with "One" or "First" sucks!
    It is not difficult to keep such a name starting with 1 or 1st. Many companies have done this in past in different locations in globe, but all failed? No, but none at least reached to the top. I know at least one company in India which in 1995 it was called "Brilliant's Computer Centre" (located at New Delhi) which changed its name to "First Computers" and went to oblivion quickly. Bad names used to be "proprietary" of Open Source community or Sun/Oracle circles. MS had a strong tradition to choose really…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a virtual drive option

Create virtual drive that allows applications to save and load directly from onenote. Would work like the print to onenote driver, but would allow working with files directly from onenote without having to save to a directory, open onenote and attach.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I can't find the "send page" feature or the insert audio and video. BRING THEN BACk!

I can't find the "send page" feature or the insert audio and video. BRING THEN BACk!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. how can i see who read my shared onenotebook

how can i see who read my shared onenotebook

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. View dimensions of a page when using OneNote

Make a view in OneNote that makes the notebook page look like a piece of paper you write on. Currently, when I write handwritten notes its one long "paper" without a beginning or end to a sheet of "paper". When I print. it often cuts off half of a sentence when it prints from 1 page to another.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Exclude the "In Attendance" Tag from Find Tags feature

If you are using the Meeting Notes integration with Outlook and To-Do Tag features in OneNote, the Find Tag feature becomes completely useless as it is clogged with names of attendees not present at meetings. For example, if I have a large meeting with 25 attendees and only 12 show up, and meeting of 5 people where only 3 are in attendance, and a meeting with 10 where 5 individuals show up, I now have 20 additional tags that show on the "Show only Unchecked" view in the Find Tags summary page. Simply checking off the names, but that leads…

166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be nice if you could opt to share onenote items on outlook calender so it could be viewed in that format as well

It would be nice if you could opt to share onenote items on outlook calender so it could be viewed in that format as well. So if I speak into my phone a calender / appointment it would go to the outlook calender if I opt for that or am I missing something

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Text with voice entry] Introducción de texto con voz, ya lo tienen para la redacción de mensajes de texto en el windows phone

Ya se introduce texto en mensajes de voz y servicios de chat, la introducción de texto por voz en el windows phone, lo haría una herramienta increíble para trabajos en campo, les abriría un mercado poco atendido, saludos.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show Recent notes on default Live Tile

In addition to all ideas asking for you to display the page content when the page gets pinned to the start screen, I'd like to see a list of my recent notes when the OneNote app itself gets pinned.

The reason is that some times, just by looking at the title of a note, I can remember what I have to do. I could create multiple lists of things to buy, one list (page) for each place I have to go.

If you display my recent notes to the live tile, it gets easier for me to remember of every…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. dotted grid/rulers

When sketching i always prefere dotted grid instead of lines like this:

http://www.designinorange.com/books/closeupgriddotted.png

would be cool to add to onenote. other sketchbooks have these options

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. An "As At (AutoDate)" Tag would be useful for project lists in OneNote

It would be useful to add to the list of "Tags" one that means "As At (autodate)" For example by selecting it from the list today, a bullet point starts with the words "As at 3 August 2015, .....". This would be handy for user compiled To Do lists and status lists where a date stamp is desirable to record a project status at a point in time. That date stamp need only be stamped as text and is editable too once inserted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Have a Way to Reset Password

There needs to be a way to reset or remind users of what their password is. Permanently being locked out because you can't remember/find your password isn't user friendly.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Image Formatting and Properties

There should be more options to format images AND there should be a sidebar that displays the image's properties (like there is in OneDrive).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. choose a page for audio notes to automatically go to instead of each audio note creating a new page

I use a page as an inbox and I would want to be able to send a 2 second audio note I make in the car to that inbox page instead of having it create a whole new page for just that one note

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add page counts to sections and groups

Allow users to display a page count next to Sections and Section Groups similar outlook. This would let you choose between showing the total count, unread count or both (total / unread).

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hotkey to send text to OneNote

A Win+ hotkey to send selected text from any app to the next line below the current OneNote.
    "Send to onenote" is not very usable when you just want to continuously select and send snippets of text while working in a word doc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base