OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. [Hidden text: A single line description or a drop-down selection!]Du Texte Caché : Description d'une ligne ou d'une sélection en déroulant !

Sur onenote on classe en onglets puis en chapitre.
    Puis dans un chapitres on se fait différent "blocs" on se met un titre en plus gros pour chaque blocs puis on liste les choses :
    MON SUJET BLABLA :
    -mon blabla 1
    -mon blabla 2
    -mon blabla 3
    - etc

On peut mettre un lien hypertexte à mon blabla 2 ça c'est super.
    On peut mettre des couleur etc et surement plein de chose.

Mon idée c'est de pouvoir insérer du texte caché à par exemple "mon blabla 3". Il faut ajouter au menu contextuel en dessous de lien...(ctrl+K) un…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search hyperlink under the text

Hello. I like OneNote very much, and that is why I'd like to suggest one more important thing to improve it.
    Search should to look not only for the text in all books, but also among the links under the text!
    You may look this short video to understand what i mean http://goo.gl/QA8N7y
    With best regards, Ivan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort Lists

As a note taker I want to be able to sort a bulleted or numbered list of items alphabetically after the fact

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improved exporting to single file webpage (mht)

Currently when the file is exported, the different headers are individually formatted with the font characteristics on each line. It would be nice if they also included a class attribute. For example, class=h1 for all paragraphs in OneNote that were formatted with the Header 1 style.

Additionally, it would be nice if OneNote id'd each paragraph in the document with a unique ID - that way, the file could reference the different parts of a document with a url. It wouldn't need to be the whole GUID each paragraph receives within the program, just the portion of the reference seperates…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When working in a table and hovering mouse near row or column leading edge, enable addition of elements like in Word 2013

In Word 2013, when I have a table in the document, and I hover my mouse on the right column or bottom edge, a small "plus sign" pops up that enables me to quickly add a column or row to the document. Currently in OneNote, I have to move my mouse to the ribbon to insert these items. If OneNote recapitulated this feature currently found in Word 2013, it would quickly improve my work flow.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. read status synchronization between devices

It will be great if user can read page on one device and status "page is read" "bold page name on page right list" on other devices are read too. Today when user have more than one computer it have to manually set read status on second devices. Additional read status should be on phone OneNote too, today user can't see which pages are updated.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OneNote for Windows Mobile audio record when phone is locked.

Record audio under Windows Mobile OneNote even when the phone is locked. Very useful for students to record classroom courses. Right now I'm forced to use alternative app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notebook Name at the top

Perhaps there is a way to do this that I am not familiar with? This seems like such a simple thing!

I would like to see the name of the notebook at the top of the page, where it already shows "<<current page name>> - Microsoft OneNote.

Several comments in no particular order:

1. Putting " - Microsoft OneNote" after the name of the page (above the ribbon) does not actually help me. I already know that I am using OneNote :D
    2. The Section name is in the tabs, as are the page names down the right, so why…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to tag tasks and add them to a shared (Sharepoint or Project Server) task list

It would be helpful to use OneNote to create new tasks on a shared team task list with links back to the corresponding OneNote page.
    The current functionality of the "Outlook Tasks" tag works very well except that Tasks can only be linked to the personal Outlook task list of the person that added the tag. If multiple team members add "Outlook Tasks" to OneNote pages then visibility of this task is lost.
    There needs to be better integration between OneNote and a shared team task list (on SharePoint or MS Project Server). At a minimum, it would be helpful…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In 'Send To Word' recreate OneNote headers as Word Headers

Currently, when you send a page to Word, the font styling of the OneNote headings is maintained. However, Word does not recognize them as headings. It would be nice if Word recognized them as headings as it would improve the functionality of the document (allowing for cross-referencing, etc.)

One challenge in implementing this feature would be the difference in font styling between Word and OneNote. I think a simple means of addressing this is to allow the user to select how to handle the font difference - either have their document inherit OneNote's styling or Word's.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keep it simple but complete

I have been using "note" programs for 30 years and OneNote is really beginning to stand out from the crowd, Google and Apple don't seem to be in the race. There is one thing that could kill OneNote, like it did Lotus Notes, and that is getting away from the simple, core, purpose of organizing and searching everything everywhere. OneNote has to satisfy two opposites, remain simple and intuitive while covering all platforms and data types. If the team keeps the focus on OneNote being an "amazing" program that users go to first, it may be the most important MS…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom page dimensions for "Send to OneNote" printer driver

Currently it's only possible to insert printouts on a limited selection of paper sizes - A4, A5, letter, legal, etc.

Since there is no actual paper involved in the process, it would be much easier if we could choose our printout dimensions to match the content we're printing.

I'm currently in the process of cropping out a LOT of whitespace from around the OneNote printout of my class textbook, as the textbook is a non standard size (8.3" x 10.4").

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow scrolling when printing pdf's or other large files to onenote.

When I print a pdf to onenote it places each pdf page into a separate page in onenote. That prevents the user from scrolling through the doc easily and makes it much less user friendly. If the document is 30 pages I have to manually click on each page to advance through the document

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Virtual Notebook - A view to merge notebooks

I would like to see a Notebook that is virtually a few of two or more Notebooks. By this, I mean, being able to see two physically separate notebooks as a single view. Sections from Notebook A and Sections from Notebook B would appear as a single set of section tabs. Tabs with the same name in each notebook would show all the pages from both Notebooks A and B together in the viewed section.
    Why?
    Some of my notebooks are stored locally (and on an encrypted drive) because they contain sensitive information. Other notebooks contain non-sensitive data, often bulky,…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sketches as a template for your own shapes in the drawing area of OneNote

Skizzen als Vorlage für eigene Formen im Zeichenbereich von OneNote
    Bisher hatte ich immer Schwierigkeiten bei den Vorlesungen sauber zeichnen zu können, weil der eifrige und schnelle Prof dies nie zulässt. Meine Produktivität mit OneNote könnte ich deutlich steigern, wenn ich eigene Zeichen-Formen abspeichern könnte. Sie könnten unter den Standardformen als "Eigene Formen" angezeigt werden. Die Standardformen reichen für die Vorlesung definitiv nicht aus und erfordern für saubere Mitschriften immer Nacharbeit.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. May have already been suggested but my three are list related

1) list view summary option like EverNote snippet view
    2) better custom tags to make it easier to search
    3) option to show tags at end of title on lists

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. change file path limit on onedrive with windows 8.1

256 character limit on oneDrive folder location?? Crashing sync to onedrive with windows 8.1?

I can't use one note until this is fixed. I need more control on the length of the path so I can organize with sub folders. Remove the 256 character filepath restriction.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Highlight mode

Suggestion: Create a "Highlight mode"

Platform: Windows desktop

Purpose: focus on reading and highlighting long and complex texts, without moving the cursor or sight from the line on which you are focused, or pressing more keys or select more options than strictly necessary. That dirupts and distracts. A highlight mode as in Word, would be enough, as long as it was as easy to use as inking mode in Onenote.

Current issues:
    - Current inking mode would be fine, but I don't like that:
    ○ The color doesn't anchor to text.
    ○ It's difficult to draw parallel to text.
    ○…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Underline mode (highlighted/highlight)] Modo subrayado (resaltado / highlight)

Sugerencia: Establecer un "Modo subrayado" (me refiero al resaltado/highlight, no al underline)

Plataforma: Windows modo no táctil (no conozco el funcionamiento del modo táctil)

Objetivo: poder concentrarse en leer y subrayar textos largos, sin tener que apartar el cursor ni la vista de la línea en la que estás trabajando, ni tener que pulsar más teclas de las imprescindibles ni usar más opciones de las necesarias, que interrumpen y distraen. En realidad, un modo "resaltado" como el de Word, sería suficiente, siempre que fuese tan fácil de usar en Onenote como el marcador/inking.

Problemas actuales:
    - El actual modo marcador…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Let us minimise containers

This way we can get to the content on a page we want right away than going through content we don't need at that time.

If we want it all open again we could maximise the containers so we can view them in their entirety.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base