OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Non caps to Caps Words

We need to improve some features like MS Office when we write words in a small letter or in Caps but if we want to convert them in reverse words which is possible in MS Office but we also can add this feature in Note.

Thank You
    C V Singh

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link Preview for pasted links like when we add a bookmark from OneNote extension

Hi
    please add an option to preview the image or title of the pasted links directly into the OneNote. this feature is available when we bookmark a page from OneNote extension on Edge Browser.
    it'll make the managing of links easier, and if it possible to add a complete website preview on mouse hovering on the links (even internal links to another pages in OneNote) to see the overall contents, that would be great and helpful. thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Error: Page jumps back on top. Idea: add a freeze-, hold- or scrolling button

I have always experienced that when scrolling down a PDF, inserted as printout for taking notes in a lecture, the page jumps back up to the top after a while. This happens not only when using a mouse, the trackpad of my macbook, but also when not touching anything.

Recently, this has happened more frequently. Several times per minute sometimes. And unfortunately this makes OneNote useless for me, when studying long lectures.

I have updated everything to the latest version.

I have a macbook pro mid 2012 and I don't know if this is a hardware or software problem. However,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow user to specify "Include Subpages" when Searching via 'Find on this Page'

Current search functionality allows user to specify which level to be searched including 1) All Notebooks, 2) This Notebook, 3) This Section Group, 4) This Section, 5) Find on This Page. This allows increasing levels of specificity to narrow the search results. However, we're missing the ability to specify the search level in between levels 4 and 5.

Please add functionality to allow user to search 'Find on This Page including Subpages'.

If you add enhancement to increase the number of possible subpage levels, this search functionality must continue to work at whichever level the user chooses to search within…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add templates like whiteboard.

If you added templates like whiteboard has that can intuitively capture user group input then onenote could do most things whiteboard can only better. e.g. teams integration, external sharing, integration with other office 365 apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cycle though find/ search

let us cycle through multiple found items and words
    If we are on a 20-page note and want to find if a particular thing is in that note you can control f to find it. But if that word comes up multiple times it only takes you to the first instance of that word or group of words, so I still have to scroll through the whole doc and hope I see the highlighted word somewhere in there. let us cycle through all found words like in every over word processor

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. tabs on top

Bring back the 2016 tabs on top view. this is my biggest bugbear of all of the issues with the new version of One Note. The side view is impossible to navigate when you have a large number of sections and takes up too much screen space. In my opinion 2016 has been replaced with a significantly inferior version and you should go back to what made the app so great in the first place - the ability to customise how you take and store notes (always thought that was the point).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Word Wrap

I'm using One Note Mobile and One Note in my windows 10 laptop. The problem is, whenever I'm going to switch from my phone to my laptop, the format and spacing of the One Note is similar to the size of my screen on my phone/mobile device. And whenever I'll try to resize it, the format will never go back to mobile devices. I really need something like WordWrap in Notepad where the layout and texts automatically resize depend on the size or device that I'm going to use. Hopefully you understand whatever I'm trying to tell you. Thanks guys!…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a voting mode for collaboartive work/ workshops

As people are currently looking for ways to collaborate online I have used One Note for a virtual workshop and it worked very well.

The one feature that Iwas really missing was a way to let everyone go though the work that was done and provide a way of letting everyone know what they thought was good. What I would have in mind is something similar to features that can be found in Mentimeter, Mural etc. So just a mode that you can enable, and then people can click on an item and it raises a counter on that Item,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Floating Text Box - To Allow scrolling through Document

Would be awesome to have an option to pin a text box in a location on the screen, that would allow me to scroll through a document / report whilst making notes in a text box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. dropshadows

In an HTML document, you can use drop shadows to really make headings, tables, boxes etc stand out. You can't do this in OneNote. Could this be added to OneNote?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Copy section group to another Notebook

Today, you can MOVE a section group to another notebook, but you cannot COPY it.

User Scenario: We are transitioning a product to another team and our documentation is stored in a OneNote Notebook Section. We are copying our documentation to the new team's notebook and then making updates. To avoid issues during the product transfer, we want to retain a copy of the section group in our current notebook until the transition is complete.

Note that a similar suggestion called "section group" was marked as complete, but the link to the support site in the user voice idea only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Dark Mode to the full desktop OneNote version (Not the app)

I only use the "OneNote for Windows" Windows App for the Dark Mode. Please bring this feature to the desktop version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How to setup HP Printer Using www.123.hp.com/setup?

It’s easy to connect your HP printer to the wireless network and you need to choose the appropriate method. Wireless methods can provide better output. Without a good speed and active network, its hard to proceed with the Printer setup and the driver download. Just visit our site https://www.b123comhp.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. recording audio while typing or handwriting

It would be great if onenote allowed audio and note taking at same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be nice if the user could arrange, automatically sort, notebooks alphabetically.

It would be nice to be able to sort notebooks alphabetically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Page Sizing

I'm a student and am looking for a digital note taking app that supports both typing and sketching in the same page. Onenote seems perfect for this apart from it's missing one feature. The ability to set a max width but keep the infinite length. This would be very useful for converting to pdfs for printing and saving. I've had a look online and I can't find a solution. By the looks of it, the community has been asking for this feature since 2011 so if i could have a progress report and perhaps a due date that would be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Global Font Change of all notes. Style / Size / Color / Etc.

Global Font Change of all notes. Style / Size / Color / Etc. As changing so manually ( note by note ) is a Herculean task per hundreds of notes. Evernote offers such. Why not OneNote?????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base