OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Send to OneNote - Add Section

Please add the ability to add a section or section group when you choose Send to OneNote from Outlook. If the section does not already exist you have to cancel, leave Outlook, open OneNote, add the section or group, go back to the email and then send to OneNote. If we could just add the section or group on the fly it would be so much more efficient!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rename OneNote 2016 to OneNote Desktop and give it a new icon.

Now that you've resurrected OneNote 2016 (Thank you for that, it's far superior to UWP OneNote), please rename it to "OneNote Desktop" or something else that's "yearless" and also give it a new Office 365 icon. The Office 2013 icon stick out like a sore thumb.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. tree diagram or mindmap

sometimes when I use the OneNote I can't know where am I? because of I have made a lot of section groups and sections.
    I ask you if there is a tree diagram or mind map, users can have big-picture what's more they aren't lost.

thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shortcut Keys or More Accessible Toolbar for Picking Search Scope

Right now if there are shortcut keys for restricting Search access scope, they don't show on the Search dropdown. I'd like to suggest that if there are shortcut keys to define scope, e.g. All Notebooks, (this) Noteboook, (this) Section, (this) Page, that the keyboard shortcuts be displayed in the Search Scope dropdown. Even better would be command icons for the Quick Access Toolbar that launch Search with the desired scope

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Merge to another section in windows 10

Please add the feature "Merge to another section" to OneNote for Windows 10.
    It was available in OneNote 2016, but it's missing in Windows 10 version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug related to Drawing that doesnt allow the creation of white pen

Bug related to Drawing that doesnt allow the creation of white pen in dark mode. Note Tan colored pens can be created but not white ones in dark mode. Whenever i try to do so, in dark mode of course, the app creates a black pen and i can delete it by clicking delete on the fake white pen icon beside the black pen icon

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ability to insert multiple word document pages into a section

Many students in the UC system are opting to buying an iPad for note-taking as notability as the ability to create blank pages that show borders of the page and can print perfectly without shrinking or splitting the document. Please add a function that has a button to +add page+
    page 1
    + empty space for add page option+
    page 2 when click add page

the for printing cheat sheets etc we would like a finite page that can print to the common letter/a4/etc

Its fustrtating I can't ever print my notes without my documents being adjusted and shrinked. Itll…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Set a paper size

I'd really like to be a able to choose a certain paper size.
    That would help with printing out documents that were written in OneNote.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More Granulatity for Pen Sizes, Better Control of Colours

I hate to be "that guy" - but for me, the finest pen option is too fine, and the next size up is a shade too thick.

Can we have more options for pen thicknesses so I can pick something in-between?

I'd also like to be able to define a standard set of colours, and then for every Pen I create, have a version of it automatically available in each colour.

So - for example - I'd like Black, Blue, Green and Red. Then, I'd like to define a Thin Pen, Thicker Pen and a Pencil, each of which are…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teachers with non school email adress should be allowed to use all features of ClassNotebook

All teachers don't work in school and don't have a school email address. A teacher with gmail account should also be allowed to create and use all features of class Notebook. why disparity among teachers. OneNote should allow everyone to use classnotebook features

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. never change the background

Never change background option in office theme "black". Similar to the option within Outlook, provide an option within OneNote that allows the background to remain white when in office theme "black". Within Outlook, the option is found in: File > General > Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office > Office Theme > Never change the message background color.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Be able to fix the page width so that it does not automatically expand sideways

Be able to fix the page width so that it does not automatically expand sideways

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OneNote cut from Chrome based edge

We have cut from Edge to OneNote - but now that we have a chrome based rendering engine it would be great to get this feature on the new Edge (Chrome) NOW. I now run 3 versions of Edge to get the functionality I need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. voice search

Voice Search - Much like Google's ability to search via voice, please consider adding a mic icon to the Search edit field and ability to execute an audible search.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Using OneNote for digital planning

OneNote is the best for digital planning but it still lacks some key features compared to the Apple note taking apps like Goodnotes and Zoomnotes. There isn't really a good alternative for Windows devices so hopefully Microsoft is willing to fulfill this gap.

Some features I would love to see:
    - More options for links, i.e. More colors (can only be dark colored right now, with an underline), hidden links so they don't stand out from the page, just like a normal pdf with a custom hyperlink style. No ctrl-click on image links but just jump to destination directly. My…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Graph multiple equations on one graph

I love that I can just write an equation and OneNote will graph it on a Cartesian plane. It's very useful when I'm taking math notes. But I would also love to have a functionality where I can graph multiple equations in one graph. Maybe if I draw a semi-colon between two equations, two graphs will pop up on just one graph? That could be very handy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Re-arrange the order from background pictures

The last set background image will go to the last background layer. I would love to see an option where you can change the order of your background images, just like normal images (Send to back & Send backward, etc).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove link underline

Links always have an underline right now. I would love to be able to remove the underline and still have a working link. Sometimes I don't want my links to stand out at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base