OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Publish to Sway from OneNote, and/or maybe manage a Sway from OneNote?

OneNote would be an amazing tool to manage and publish Sway content.

I and others I know have started to use OneNote to 'publish' content for groups like 'classes' to access.

The class functionality integrated with MS Sway would make for an exceptional content management and publishing toolset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow mixing typed and handwritten notes on the same page

I would like to prepare for a course or a meeting by typing (actually copying and pasting from the course outline or meeting agenda) all the headers ahead of time and then, during the course or meeting, I would like to simply take handwritten notes under the pre-typed headers. For this to work, handwritten text would need to be treated like an inserted picture and stay locked relative to surrounding text. It would solve another issue and feature request often asked by users to "attach" handwritten text to typed text. Very useful to annotate typed text afterwards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Insert Outlook meeting details into OneNote

One of our users is facing an issue where they include Outlook Meeting details in an OneNote page meeting minutes.
    It shows also the participants. Unfortunately it does not show in every case the response of the participants ("accepted", "tentative", "declined").
    Also:
    -our environment is facing a migration to the cloud and this might be a condition of not showing the status of the responses.
    -the meeting that is organized through a distribution list sometimes is facing this issue.
    Note: the issue is intermittent”

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add possibility to change short keys

It is very cumbersome that one cannot set/change short key combination in OneNote as it is possible for Word. This makes working with both quite a nuissance, so adding this possibility to OneNote would greatly improve user experience. Thank you very much!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft should buy Onetastic and provide it for free to those users that pay for an Office 365 subscription

Offering Onetastic as a free add-on for OneNote would be another incentive for users to pay for an Office 365 subscription. Microsoft, please buy Onetastic and make this a way to add premium features to OneNote.

Alternatively, please incorporate the essential features of Onetastic such as Pin to Favorites; Search & Replace; Sorting pages, selections, and paragraphs; and Uncheck All Todos.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Insert Lines that go with the notes

To be able to insert a line under a heading which goes completely across the text area and is locked to the text under which it is applied. This is not an Underline but a line used to separated text or objects but is locked to the item the line is either below or above.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When Pasting Hyperlinks, Use Title of Source Instead of URL

When I paste hyperlinks, I immediately edit the link and copy the page title. It would sure be nice to have that operation make the hyperlink with the page title as most URLs are lengthy and non-descriptive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Very few tools in One Note

In comparison to MS-Word 2016 Home & Student, MS- OneNote has very less tools for organisation and making notes. It will be outstanding if Microsoft will give almost all those tools in OneNote which it gave in MS-Word.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is Cinemax possible to stream on Roku?

Yes, you can get the Cinemax on Roku via the cord-cutters. By Using the cord-cutters like the Hulu, play station Vue, and the amazon prime video. You can install all those cord-cutters on the Roku device and then get the Cinemax channel on the Roku device. After installing the cord-cutters, you need to access the subscription package on the cord-cutters.

For more details on the Cinemax channel activation on the Roku device, you can contact our expert team via the toll-free number.
    Reach @+1-866-218-6310 or visit https://www.go-roku.net/how-to-watch-cinemax-on-roku/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How can I watch a dish anywhere on my Roku TV?

You can watch the dish anywhere on Roku via enabling the screen mirroring option on the Roku device. As the dish anywhere channel app is not officially found on the Roku channel store. So you can install the dish anywhere channel app on the android device and then get the channel via enabling the screen mirroring and casting option.

For more updates on the dish anywhere on Roku, you can get in touch with our expert team for guidance and support. Reach @ +1-844-221-7630 or visit https://www.streaming-player-support.com/dish-anywhere-com-activate/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Be able to add a reminder on a page in onenote that links to Outlook tasks and or To do

Sometimes there is information on a Onenote page that we need to action at a particular time. I think it would be a great added feature to be able to add a pop up reminder linked to a page or piece of information

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Migrate Outlook Contact Notes for Onenote Contact Shortcuts

Basicly you can allready get a Contact Shortcut in Onenote via Outlook, it would be nice if you would have an option to get the Contact Notes from Outlook also into OneNote, best case would be if you can automaticly do that for multiple Contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Could you please show the sync error message more obvious in the future

When I was editing the onenote the sync error is not obvious enough to remind me that the new data hasn't been sync to the online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom tags and search function for tags for onenote app ipad

I have been working with custom tags in ONENOTE windows for a long time. Recently, I switched to an iPad and imported by notes to it. However, I find several features related to tags missing in the iPad version of OneNote -
    1. Creation of custom tags.
    2. Search ability to find tags.
    3. No way to know what the tag stands for in my imported notebooks (tags were also imported while importing the notebooks, but are pretty useless on iPad when I don’t know what tags are they. In windows, I used to hover the mouse over the tag…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Flip through journals!!!

Apple already has this function for a few of their apps, it would be GREAT it OneNote could do the same, especially if they could do it for Windows PC (apple can only be fully used on iPad as far as I know) Different notebooks for different subjects that don't require a bunch of scrolling or a bunch of sub-pages! Each notebook could have tabs to flip straight without the need for scrolling. Added options for audio and video would be great too. The option to re-number pages instead of having to redo them all over again! And finally, lots…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. An easy way to link to other Microsoft 365 app's and files Including Outlook

I would like to be able to access all Microsoft 365 apps as well as files I have stored on my computer or OneDrive with easy links. This would include linking to Outlook Calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable notes, similar to Excel, and keep them searchable.

○ Example: frog (would have tiny icon, indicating note content (amphibious et al)
    Linking have too much overhead and disjointedness

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Table formatting to include outline hierarchy, just like the ability outside of tables ○ A § A1.1 § A1.2 ○ B § B1.1 B1.2

• Table formatting to include outline hierarchy, just like the ability outside of tables
      ○ A
      § A1.1
      § A1.2
      ○ B
      § B1.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. OneNote 2016 file printout mixed up

When adding two printouts on one page the printouts get mixed up like this: First comes a page of Document A, then a page from Document B, again Document A and so on.

This issue is already known since 2015: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/file-printouts-on-same-page-in-onenote-get-mixed/8c994882-068f-43f1-94fe-af652a8117cc

Please fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 259 260
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories