OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Tagging System

I've been back and forth between Evernote and OneNote for the past 6 years now. And Evernote keeps coming back as my default system. I would love OneNote to be my preference, to keep everything within the same ecosystem; but the lack of tagging functionality keeps me with Evernote.

Tags help me search and organise my documents much easier than Notebooks. I hate scrolling through a Notebook looking for that page I wrote 6 months ago, that has somehow got lost in the 1000 other articles.

Even if a small portion of users end up utilising it; it will allow…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. task bar

onenote2016 task bar icons are too big. it used up my space on my projector screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. pen size

I cannot change pen size to draw different thickness in my existing page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. i can help

i get error when using Onenote PC (2016 ver), please help me.

We're sorry, something went wrong during sync. We'll try again later. (Error code: 0xE0000B56)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Split screen ability from tabs

I just sent a idea bit wanted to add I create a lot of databases using Access If you could take the ability to Make Tabes with and add Text boxes that you can lock in place that would be great

For example I want the ability to put one word document next to another word document to cut an past from the 1st document I would like tp scroll down on the 1st document and keep the 2nd document in place so I can paste then scroll down as I need it
    Similar to split screens on the desktop…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keep One Note Desktop

I would like to see One Note more intuitive to File Explorer with all the file saving Options of Word

Used the Tabs from Excel in One Note For example If I have a Word Document in FE and and a related excel sheet I want to keep using the Word Document and the excel Document and on a 3rd tab use a general description then If I could actually save that One Note to any place I choose that would be a plus The Problem I find is that One note attached itself to some external file that I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. OneNote App for Windows 10: sections across top

I would like to have an option for users to be able to choose the layout of where sections and pages show up. Right now they are docked on the left side of the screen. Some users would like the sections back at the top like in OneNote 2016.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Sticky Notes button to OneNote sidebar

Add Sticky Notes button to sidebar, with option to have a Sticky Note relevant to the current page as a pinned note of subtext.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Disappointing: Send e-mail from Outlook to OneNote is too limited!

Thank you for trying to make Outlook work with OneNote für Windows 10. Unfortunately, the new "Send to OneNote" feature is very disappointing and cannot replace the former connection to OneNote 2016.
    - "Send to OneNote" only works for some mail accounts (Outlook.com, Office 365). You cannot save e-mails from other mail accounts to a OneNote notebook.
    - You can only send e-mails to one certain Microsoft / Office365 account. Otherwise you have to log out and log in for each e-mail again.
    - You can only use the feature while having an internet connection. For those working with OneNote…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Background Templates for Stationary

Nowadays we need a tool that is designed to also provide an adequate and standardized graphic basis.

It would be great if it were possible to insert a pdf background on which to take notes (like a company's stationary).

Even better if you could set automatic fields on each page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Those of us who know and use OneNote 2016 would gladly pay more for a stand alone, full Office Product.

Please keep a 'full' version of OneNote. I'd gladly pay more to keep a 'full' version like 2016....or one even better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BELGIUM

Bonjour,

Intégrer la fonction stockage de certains blocs notes privés ou quelques pages de blocs notes sur le disque dur sans passer par le cloud est essentiel.
    Cette possibilité sera-t-elle intégrée prochainement dans onenote pour wiindows10 ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Toggle Dark Mode

Currently, some parts of OneNote in dark mode do not work well. (see for example https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums/327186-onenote-for-windows/suggestions/37840003-adding-mathematical-formulas-in-dark-mode). While these issues are being fixed, I suggest creating a toggle button between dark and light mode. Currently, I have to go to ...>Settings>Options, and then click on the mode I want. This is unnecessarily complicated. Instead, a button placed where the sync, notifications, etc. are would aid usability. This has been done before in Mail for Windows 10.

This feedback is for OneNote for Windows, not OneNote 2016. OneNote 2016 does not have a dark mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Advanced autocorrect options

The inability to change autocorrect options is a nightmare for basically everyone I can think of, as seen by the number of suggestions already posted here. I'm taking notes on equations for Density Functional Theory and can't write out a portion of the functional because (R) automatically changes to the registered trademark symbol. As far as I can tell, there is no possible way to change this with the current update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Section views like OneNote 2016

Give the possibility to display the sections in the upper part rather than on the side, as in OneNote 2016

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pdf import, different pens and better stability

Hello, I'm really in love with the OneNote App for Windows, but there are a few things that would make it better. The Pdf import does not function as good as with an Ipad, i hate that there is only this one kind of pen that is like a felt pen, i really miss a fountain pen for nice writing (like in Scrble Ink or Inkodo where it is callled calligarphy)!!
    In addition I had a few OneNote crashs out of nowhere but always sent a crash report so you might be aaware of this problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. one note page size

Please bring back the ability to change the page size and properties in One Note. The software is fantastic for doodling and organising notes, however not user friendly for wanting to print or share notes . It would be great to be able to put in page margins e.g. for A4 for ease of distribution and printing

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please enable the user to rearrange her/his self-created templates for easy access.

The OneNote templates that the user created: can you fix it so that the user can rearrange them so that the user doesn't have to scroll through the entire bunch looking for a specific one he wants to use?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. sync all notes on all devices

Can i just have a setting on all of my devices to sync all available notebooks? i have 10s of noteboox with 100s of sections and probably a couple of thousand pages and i want to have access to all of them on all devices and to know they are synchronised all the time.

I've migrated all my data from apple notes which keeps *all* of the notes in sync across all devices, i really miss that. OneNote requires me to manually open each notebook on each device manually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 210 211
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base