OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Convert older notebooks

I am a freelance writer and many of my reference materials were saved in earlier versions of OneNote (2007-2010), which means I can't open them whenever I wish. Besides, I use Office 2019, and One Note 2016 was discontinued (you like to do it a lot).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add the same export function that OneNote 2016 already has!

I really need the possibility to export to file (PDF and/or Word format) a singole note, like OneNote 2016 already offers. Without this feature, I will continue to use OneNote 2016 instead of OneNote for Windows 10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to show related pages

This is something really useful in Evernote when you start having a lot of pages across different notebooks.It reminds you something similar that you have done in the past and sometimes gives you new ideas to help what you are writing now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Quick Styles

Add the function Quick Styles like PowerPoint and Outlook have. This really helps when pasting a photo in that has a white background allowing you to add a shadow to make it stand out better. It really helps with the overall aesthetics of the pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Computers are used by people, not programers.

People have a learning curve, not programmers. Programmers need to show the users what the computer/program is doing. I don't want to guess/assume. OneNote (like the rest of Microsoft) doesn't even identify what program has the window open. When the window opened, I couldn't tell what program it was.
    Also, I don't really like cloud computing; I want as much as possible on-board so I'm not disabled when net goes down/unavailable. One note (like the rest of Microsoft) relies on the cloud (fog) too much and doesn't even let you know when it's using it or not. I can't tell…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tag overview / finder in Windows 10 UWA version to click tags

>> get an overview of your tags fast and easy <<

Tagging has two important parts

1) TAGGING: easy to use, one click tagging to mark actions/todos/summaries etc. effortlessly

2) FINDING: simple overview allowing to find all info with a certain tag at a click

while (1) is discussed elsewhere and needs improvement. This is about the finding (2).

In the newest Windows 10 UWA version (end of April19) the only way to find tags is to show search/tags/ and then type the name of the tag. This is counter intuitive! Tags are by their nature limited, an open search…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Print a selection of pages from a OneNote section

As far as I am aware it is currently not possible to select some (rather than one or all) pages in a Windows OneNote section for printing (to pdf). It would be very helpful to have the extra flexibility to select which pages from a section in OneNote to print.

Many thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Search for Sections When 'move or copy page' or 'print to onenote'

In Onenote 2016, when moving/copying pages or printing to onenote, I was able to search for destination section. With UWP version, I have to manually navigate to it which is prohibitive for notebooks that contain over 300 sections and thousands of pages. Please add this search functionality back to UWP version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. custom Ink and other ink issues

Ink should get darker with more pressure. Sometimes it doesn't. Also, add more colors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Subtabs

Ok so We currently have sub pages, but I was thinking they should also add a sub tab. So let's say I use two different textbooks for English notes. I don't have to create a page and then make the notes subpages. I can just create two subtabs and add in the pages there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. can u add a real "time and date" stamped on page, and the stamped "time and date " updated every time we refresh or reopen the page

can u add a real "time and date" stamped on page, and the stamped "time and date " updated every time we refresh or reopen the page

This features we need especially for Priority Task Job

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 增加笔记文件导出功能。

增加2016版本中存在的笔记文件导出功能。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. OneNote Reminders!

It would be so helpful if I could add reminders for tasks in onenote directly (kinda like how Evernote allows you to). I love that is done through the app so it truly pops up on my screen reminding me that I have a task to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the ability to put files in the Pages section & preview instead of emedding them on a page line in Outlook or Evernote, like a PDF.

Add the ability to put a file in the Pages section like a page, & have it previewed instead of embedded on a page, like it can be done in Outlook or Evernote. For example Instead of inserting a PDF on a page as a printout, I could simply drag it to the pages section, where it would be added to the list, when I click on it instead of loading a page, it loads a preview of the PDF.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. mathprint

I'd like to have the option to invoke greek letters by using the mathprint slash commands that are offered in word

I.e \alpha , \beta etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Font Field Truncates Font Names

The font field truncates font names, so if you have two fonts, eg Font Name and Font Name Condensed, you have no idea which one you're using until you click the dropdown. This is bad design.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Section Tabs at the top

I would like to request that the sections tabs have an option for being at the top of the page as in OneNote 2016.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Visual Studio Code integration or embedding

Would be great if you could live edit visual studio files within the onenote, but i think that would be hard to develop, but at least a embedding like excel, where you get sorta of a image from the results, them if you need to edit it just open the excel file.

That would be great to save tasks, snippets and go testing & etc... would make i guess it would make onenote a least 5 times better for software engineers, it would be great even for non software engineers tech savvy, that can use basics of Python, R, and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bold Shortcut German Version

So the recent update took the shortcut to format text as bold (used to be ctrl + shift + f) and replaced it with opening the "barriere freiheits center".

Frankly this is ******** af. How on earth could you come up with taking one of the most used shortcuts and repurposing it for an entirely useless function. WITHOUT replacement or communication what the new shortcut could be.
    ctrl + f
    ctrl + b
    ctrl + shift + f
    ctrl + shift + b all don't work.

Your braindead developers should be sacked.
    I have the impression, that with every update…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 203 204
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base