OneNote for Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Double click table column border to autofit column

Just as it is set up in excel, I would like to double click the column border and have it autofit to the amount of text in the cell to be on 1 line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notebook Template that can be easily updated. Easy to publish via Sharepoint (no programming required)

OneNote is a great tool for project management. For consistency across projects, and speed of project set up, it needs to be easy to create a project template that can be applied to a new notebook with specific project sections, section groups, pages within sections and templates that can be selected by users of the template.

These features need to be accessible and updatable by business users and not just IT folks. The ability to apply a template to a sharepoint site notebook when the site is created would be very useful.

Today what is required: create sharepoint site. open…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Page date to match email or meeting date by default

One Note is a great tool for meeting agendas and notes and for emails. Unfortunately, the page creation date is the date it goes to OneNote. Meeting note pages are often sent to OneNote before a meeting to prepare agendas and meeting topics. Emails may not be sent to OneNote the same day that the email is received. To keep pages ordered chronologically, it would be nice to have a user setting that would make the page date = the meeting or email received date by default. Further, it would be even more helpful if a setting that user can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please enable me to attach emails as attachment files again!!!

I used to be able to attach emails as file attachments in OneNote 2013. Particularly useful when keeping notes and needing to attach emails as references - so I can then easily forward those emails if needed, rather than trawling through Outlook to find the email. Now in Windows 10, I can't do that. Please add that functionality back in!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Aesthetic

Please just make this more aesthetically pleasing and user friendly. when you accidentally zoom out you have to deal with the stupid scroll bars and it always too big or too small, and it's really annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Paper size for ease of printing

Please make the paper interface more like good notes or notability, really anything that is more user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing. There should be an option for me to take notes on something that is the size of a prize of paper so I can easily print. Just take Microsoft word documents and integrate the sizing multiple pages is more like that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Check box

Please add more functionality to the check box option, like dates or moving it to the bottom once checked, open and closed, notes etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow to add different font types

Allow to add font types to OneNote. We can add font type to Word but if i want to have pretty notes i can only use fonts that are basic. And i really want use different font types but it only works in other programs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Handwritten Sticky Notes

These would possibly replace the function of quick notes. You'd be able to handwrite on your sticky notes instead of just typing.

(Taken from a longer post I made)
    https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums/327186-onenote-for-windows/suggestions/43118430-rework-of-the-drawing-shape-system-to-improve-stem

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Want clicking link in docked window to open to a new Onenote window

I have links set up in the my docked window that I would like to take me to a full blown window and not move the current page I am on in the docked window. I seem to recall this working in the past but now, when I click the link it navigates using the docked window. Some may want this option but I would prefer to either open a new Onenote window are navigate to it using an already open (undocked) onenote window.

Having a toggle option in the settings would be perfect for both worlds.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Margins

There should be option which displayes all four magins so that it will de very easy to use the draw options. Right now it shows only right margins as a result while writing with stylus pen in draw option it is unable to predict the end to printable area of the page. If it will show all margins writing with pen will be very easy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show Other Occurrences of a Selected Word on a Page

Similar to the code editor like VSCod, when you select a word, it automatically highlights the other occurrences of the word in that editor tab for the duration of the selected word. Brining this feature into OneNote would be a really useful especially on a text heavy page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show Other Occurrences of a Selected Word on a Page

Similar to the code editor like VS Code, when you select a word, it automatically highlights the other occurrences of the word in that editor tab for the duration of the selected word. This would be a really useful feature on a text heavy page.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show Other Occurrences of a Selected Word on a Page

Similar to the code editor like VS Code, when you select a word, it automatically highlights the other occurrences of the word in that editor tab for the duration of the selected word. This would be a really useful feature on a text heavy page.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rework of the Drawing/Shape System to Improve STEM Students' Productivity (in depth)

I am an aerospace engineering major (w/ astrophysics minor) and I have to say, I spend WAY too much time trying to correct my drawings due to OneNote's limited capability (either version). These suggestions are mostly geared towards handwritten notes and are in-depth, but I feel would be greatly beneficial.

Some of these suggestions are complicated and likely deserve their own paid package of OneNote; however, I’m sure universities would certainly pay for that version of office.

In the courses, I’m taking I frequently have to draw shapes, but often get hung up on being a perfectionist when it comes…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Merge a cell

For the love of God, give us the ability to merge a cell! This shouldn't only be available in Word and have to copy paste it over, that is ridiculous. Common guys, its been requested for years, really need this to happen already...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Restoring a Quick Note to a Small Note Window

A Quick Note is created in a small note window, and the small note window is later closed and/or the PC is rebooted.

The note is saved in the Quick Notes tab in OneNote app, but doesn't re-open to a window on the screen the way a Sticky Note does.

For all intents and purposes, the notes are lost, unless i remember to go into the OneNote app and re-open. But i can no-longer reopen to a separate window.

A Quick Note that is opened in a window should re-open in a window after a reboot, and at the very…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. shadow font

is there a way to add shadows to fonts in OneNote like in Word please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 能否更改文件图标?

OneNote2016更新图标后,无论是.one .onepkg还是其他的Onenote文件,图标全是2013的,而且貌似其他的更高级版本,诸如2019,也有这样的问题。但是OneNote本身的LOGO没有问题,只是文件有问题。
    能不能把这个文件图标该对了?
    而且这个问题存在的时间不短了。现在天天盼着更新呢。
    望尽快联系工程师,把这个问题更正过来。
    谢谢!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 300 301
  • Don't see your idea?