OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. OneNote as a second brain

To have a real "neuronal linking" capacity between different piece of information in OneNote, I suggest it to copy the functionnality of Notion that allows an INFINITE LINKING of page inside page and text inside text. I mean THE GOAL OF ONENOTE ISN'T TO BE A TWIN OF THE FILE EXPLORER, that's what makes its organizationnal scheme pretty useless now comparing to Notion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Editing and saving files from mobile to OneNote

Right now mobile only allows possibility of saving the file to the device and back to OneNote. Otherwise it is read only. It would be great if it could save from mobile document directly into OneNote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Search doese not works anymore in last version

In last versione Of OneNote W10 (Versione 16001.12730.20026.0) the full text search does not works, no partial strings.
    Please take note that Android version and OneNote 2016 work fine as expected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve math input in dark mode

This is the input in white mode.
    https://i.imgur.com/00tZDcs.png
    versus dark mode
    https://i.imgur.com/x6NCH59.png
    The problem is, when creating or editing the math input, it has a white background in both modes, which means I can't see inside when in dark mode, since the font is white too.
    Please improve that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add an option to auto-name new OneNote pages

Using freehand drawing and writing, I go through a OneNote page very quickly, and leaving the names of new pages as "Untitled page" or with the same name as the template really bothers me, and stopping the flow of my notes to give a name to every new page also interrupts my thought processes, so a way to auto-name new OneNote pages that a user adds would be very appreciated.

I'd be happy with names like yyyymmdd001, yyyymmdd002, and so on. So at the time of this post, names can be 20200406001, 20200406002, and so on.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make ONE NOTE more like DeliOCR

(1) Please examine and test a new OCR Program called DeliOCR. (2) It is very good at Recognising Text from JPEG Images.

(2) I am a Historian. In my work I work with old Typed Documents. The background paper is sometimes light yellow; light green; light blue in colour. I OCR'd the Same documents with BOTH 'DeliOCR' and Windows 2010 'OneNote'. The DeliOCR performed with very few mistakes. But the pages OCR'd by One Note had many, many mistakes. PLEASE EXAMINE DeliOCR and find-out HOW their OCR from Jpeg Images is so much better than One Note.

(3) Also, PLEASE…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Outlook calendar available, with the possibility to create a notes/minute for each call

Outlook calendar available, with the possibility to create a notes/minute for each call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. section group

I want to be able to add Section Groups when using the OneNote Windows 10 App

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Automatic" Color for Pens/Pencils

I like using the dark theme mode for a variety of reasons (battery life, eye comfort, aesthetics), and I vastly prefer taking handwritten notes for my research, as it helps me digest and retain material more effectively. However, I noticed that only the default pen switches colors between the themes - as in, it writes white on the Dark theme, and Black on the Light theme. I usually know this as an "automatic" color in most programs, as the color changes with thematic settings and other document options.

Please add an "automatic" color that adjusts with the theme, so that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow to view two OneNote pages in one window

Sometimes I want to prepare view to notes at the same time. E.g. I want to prepare the agenda of the next meeting and go through my notes of the last meeting). This would require a kind of split screen (one half first note page, second half (vertical or horizontal) second note page. That would be very helpful and increase efficientcy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Option To Disable Pen Pressure (UWP)

Please add an option to disable the pen pressure in OneNote UWP. The pen pressure constantly changes the lines you write from thick to thin. This makes my notes look very inconsistent and messy due to the changing pen width.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add 0.35 Pen Size (UWP APP)

The 0.5 pen size is just too thick and inconsistent due to the pen pressure changing the lines from thick to thin. While the 0.25 pen size is too thin and hard to see. So please add a 0.35 size, as it would be the perfect size, to OneNote UWP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a page size setting like there was in OneNote 2016

Page size setting missing - OneNote 2016 allows me to change page size which makes it easy for me to print my notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. be able to create comments in parts of my text

be able to create comments in parts of my text

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. be able to create comments in parts of my text

be able to create comments in parts of my text

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. size page

I would like to set the page size (say A0) before I begin to write, so that I know the boundaries. I know that I can resize in the print, but that would also change the fonts (squeeze or expand), which I would like to avoid. This feature is quite essential, hope it will be implemented soon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Prevent autocorrect from change "i" to "I" when using a language that has lower case i in it. Norwegian Bokmal, for example.

Onenote insists on converting every instance of the word "i" be capitalized regardless of language in use. In some languages "i" is not always capitalized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Linked Pseudo Page - A single page that can be listed in multiple sections and updated

This is for having one page that is common to more than one section or even notebook.

In the page list under a section, you could create a Pseudo Page that is actually just a link to a page in another section or notebook.

However, clicking on the page in the menu does not take you to the remote section or notebook, but rather the page appears as if it is really part of the section.

An Example:

In my novel, I have a character who is a Knight and is also a Friend of my main character.

I have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. fluid text box placement

Text boxes sporadically jump around when you try to place them. It's terrible. Please fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Address book section

Maybe an option to create a section for contacts sorted by A...Z would be handy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 245 246
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base