How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Add RMS support in OneNote

Please add RMS support in OneNote. At the moment wen someone opens a shared Notebook in any of the Clients a copy is downloaded locally. If I revoke a user's access to the Notebook this cached copy remains which is a security risk.

77 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cliff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hrvoje Kusulja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also interested. It would be great to use OneNote in enterprise environment for meetings, and to use Azure information protection with labels, based on OneNote page (file) ...

I have mentioned this several times in past years.

• Andreas Lösch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of RMS or more precisely the existence of an unprotected cached copy of a OneNote document is a showstopper for my enterprise customer. Please add to roadmap.

• Peter Albus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be GDPR ready, OneNote has to get RMS/AIP or may no more usable for PII.
        Microsoft Product Group, you need to implement RMS/AIP for OneNote or OneNote could be DEAD in Europe!!

• Eric Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need RMS/AIP support for OneNote files and data used with our Office 365 subscription.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a customer that would like to use OneNote for high and medium business impact information and therefore needs RMS and Azure Information Protection. Please add for both OneNote Online and OneNote client..

• Robin St.Clair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without RMS support OneNote remains an unusable nice idea.

When I upgraded my Office Premium subscription to include Azure Rights Management / RMS, it was described as being "rights management for Office 365". Apparently that isn't the case.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a great tool, but no RMS protection. this is unbeliable. maybe you you can decide if there is a valid in use or not.

Please add the RMS protection soon.

• Hrvoje Kusulja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that OneNote is now free for everybody. But if we talk about great features making your productivity on work, the Microsoft Rights Management Services are mandatory.
        Including for On-premise and Azure RMS / Office 365 with OneDrive for Business.

I hope you will add this very soon.
        #RMS #RightsManagementServices

Feedback and Knowledge Base